Farwell Elementary School 5

Posted May 05, 2010

Farwell Elementary School 5

Posted May 05, 2010
Farwell was the only choice for children. After looking into various other elementary schools and meeting the principal and some of the teachers, we found that the environment at Farwell was so much better than the other schools. I have no idea how Longley ended up rated number 1...but like they say...Don't always believe everything you read.

Farwell Elementary School 2

Posted July 09, 2009

Farwell Elementary School 4

Posted May 07, 2009
My grandchildren attend Farwell school and I am very impressed with Principal St.Andre, the teachers and students' behavior. I find that teachers and staff care greatly about the students and it shows in the students' grades and behavior.

Farwell Elementary School 1

Posted July 06, 2008

Farwell Elementary School 0

Posted June 26, 2008
Farwell has been a great school for the 7 years i'v been there. I used to think a few teachers where mean but then i realized that they are STRICT not mean its just that they are doing there job. Teaching. As the first graduating class of Farwell School. We, need to realize this is the first year at the new location somethings went bad some good you cant expect everything to be perfect can you?those bads are going to get fixed for the following years...My last year at farwell school Was great. We had great teachers not just them but our entire time at farwell Elementary School .

Farwell Elementary School 0

Posted May 15, 2008
My son was able to attend the Pre K progam this year at Farwell and he loves it. When they had vaction he was sad because he was not able to go to school. The teachers are wonderful with the children and very understanding. I do wish we as parents had aa chance to be more involved with the class. I know that my husband and I bought our house so we could have our children attend farwell school because of the wonderful things we have heard. We are looking forward to our son coming to this school next year. I am hopeful that they will have some after school activities for the older children down the road. We as parents are looking forward to many more years here at Farwell School.

Farwell Elementary School 3

Posted June 13, 2007

Farwell Elementary School 4

Posted June 09, 2005
My neices are 8 and 12 and have luckily been at Farwell all of their school age years. They are involved in after school activities like band and student councel. The teachers have always been available upon request and have even let me volunteer to chaperone field trips though I have no children at this school. I don't mean to be too judgemental but sometimes I think that too many parents aren't persistent enough where their children are concerned. Budgets and the number of available teachers are issues everywhere and there is a higher demand for them to see results. Thank God for Bush! You need to insist on better programs or responses if you believe it isn't good enough. We live in a democracy where one person can make a difference. Instead of using your time writing negative responses, spend your time more wisely making changes in your child's life.

Farwell Elementary School 2

Posted May 09, 2005
My daughter attended kindergarten at farwell and will not be there next year. The classes are to big and there are to many special needs in the class. My daughter is getting pushed aside and didn't learn much this year. I am sending her to a private school for 1st grade. The teacher is nice but noone can control that many kids. I have been in the class and it is a circus. I have walked off the school yard with other kids due to their mother's being late with no problem at all. That scares me. They all bust out of that door and the teacher's don't know where they are going after that. I get very little feedback from the school as to how she is doing. Only 1 parent teacher conference in a year? I would like to be more involved but don't feel comfortable.

Farwell Elementary School
84110 Farwell St, Lewiston, ME  04240
Last modified Farwell Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Farwell Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top