Bad
Good

Great School, Caring Staff and Strong Community. Many family members have attended or worked at this school and now I am very happy that my child is able to attend.

I was very surprised by this school. I grew up in a school system that is one of the top five in the State, so I was hesitant to send my son to school in Central Maine. However, this school does a great job. Children are learning a language from Kindergarten; my son learns Japanese but has also been exposed to Spanish. Their activities are excellent- yoga is a "special" they take once per week. He is progressing quickly and happily through the Kindergarten standards. The principal knows each student by his or her name, and is extremely focused on being healthy, active, and eating healthy, fresh foods. My son attended the pre-k program and is now in Kindergarten, and I have yet to have a complaint about teachers, staff, or administration. I work in education, and am genuinely pleased with this school.

my daughter doesn't like the Principal Every time she comes near My daughter freaks out throws stuff cross room tell her to get a way from her. I hate you. your very mean to me. parents have seen the principal be kind of rudely talks to her as a adult level than a Childs level. I feel that my child is not getting her needs mate at this school. my daughter is stressed at school. Principal and Teachers are not on the same page there's conflicts. parent ask Question both different answer's.

I have pulled my child from this school, as not only were my child's needs not met, but the first grade class he was in, of thirteen kids, were not permitted help from the teacher. The kids were expected to work independently, without support. In order to get support, we were told our child needed to qualify for special education. Also, our child was punished by taking away snacks/recesses, as well as put in empty rooms/office to work as a discipline for "Not trying hard enough". To make matters worse-if you advocate for your child, you and your child will be retaliated upon by the administration.

As a parent of a child in 1st grade, I am very pleased with the age appropriate materials. The academics seem to be well balanced with the specials. Parents are encouraged to spend time volunteering in the classroom and on fieldtrips. Teachers take time out of their busy schedules to spend quality time with students.I can't wait to put my other child into the school systems. Julie McKenney

Last modified Henry L Cottrell School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4