Henry L Cottrell School 1

Posted March 06, 2014
I have pulled my child from this school, as not only were my child's needs not met, but the first grade class he was in, of thirteen kids, were not permitted help from the teacher. The kids were expected to work independently, without support. In order to get support, we were told our child needed to qualify for special education. Also, our child was punished by taking away snacks/recesses, as well as put in empty rooms/office to work as a discipline for "Not trying hard enough". To make matters worse-if you advocate for your child, you and your child will be retaliated upon by the administration.

Posted August 17, 2007

Posted May 09, 2007

Posted October 09, 2006
As a parent of a child in 1st grade, I am very pleased with the age appropriate materials. The academics seem to be well balanced with the specials. Parents are encouraged to spend time volunteering in the classroom and on fieldtrips. Teachers take time out of their busy schedules to spend quality time with students.I can't wait to put my other child into the school systems. Julie McKenney

Henry L Cottrell School 4

Posted May 02, 2006
We recently moved to Monmouth and our daughter is in the third grade. We were pleased to find a desk waiting for her with her name on it. The entire school is very supportive and made her feel right at home. The teaching approach is well balanced with reasonable amounts of homework. The curriculum seems very advanced for 3rd grade, but not overwhelming. The community is very involved and the children score well on MEAs. We are very pleased with the education quality of this school system so far.

Henry L Cottrell School
169 Academy St, Monmouth, ME  04259
Last modified Henry L Cottrell School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4
Henry L Cottrell School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top