Posted November 12, 2013
How could anybody possibly give this school a bad review, I am a freshman at OHS, and I don't have one bad thing to say about the staff, they are caring. When you need one on one help, the teachers are glad to help during a study hall, before or after school. I feel that I am get the best possible education at this point, and I love it here. And there is a no bullying policy and they actually enforce it. We have a wonderful resource officer at our school full time, and he's awesome . Yes I will agree that the food is not gourmet, and its not that great, but its food, and I don't see how lunch can really play into choosing a school. But anyway I love this school and its awesome. I advise you to send your children here, you will not be disappointed!

Posted February 12, 2011
The people who give this school bad reviews clearly have no idea what they're talking about. Orono High School is a fantastic school and is part of a fantastic school system. The teachers are great and every single one cares about the student's education and wants to see them succeed in life after high school. As for people who attempt to say that their child might not get the best education at Orono, you get back what you put in. If the student doesn't try hard enough, obviously they aren't going to gain much knowledge. Orono high school has sent multiple students to Ivy League schools in the past years, including one student who was recently accepted to Cambridge. Clearly Orono offers a very good education for those who seek it.

Orono High School 1

Posted January 11, 2011
I feel like this school (Orono High) Has no idea how to help there kids succeed in life, I know a girl who has medical problems, and the school will not work with her on trying to complete her high school education. They think she should be in school all the time, when her doctors are saying she can only go as tolerated. The principal is a JOKE! He acts like he knows everything thats going on, but really he doesn't. He makes the vice principal view everything. The principal will always listen to what you say. But when The girl went to him saying she needed some other sort of school education, he looked at her, and said.. "I think you can be in school the whole time, I think your mother is too easy on you, and my daughter just had hip surgery and she's back in college already." Yes his daughter might have had hip surgery. But different people have to have different operations. I know the girl that had the knee operation, and she's been having operations on her knees since the 5th grade. This is an on going medical problem. All Orono High School cares about is getting kids out of their hair ASAP. I advise you not to send your kid here, It will be a great waste of your time. :)

Posted August 26, 2010
Orono high school is amazing. When people say that it is a poor choice in a high school, it shows that they were not involved enough to get the full affect of the school. It has devoted staff that will go above and beyond for students. Some have been there 30+ years. Orono high school's student body is closely knit and 'cliques' rarely exist in this school. Orono high school is a great school choice.

Orono High School 1

Posted May 03, 2010
This school is a very poor choice in a high school. Most of the teachers really don't care about the students and the work is really easy. I've been to bangor high before, and let me tell you, if you've been there then Orono High school looks... beyond bad. The class choices are extremely limited, as are the extracurricular activities. The sports - bleh... not so fantastic. There are only 4 periods a day (8 periods every 2 days) and more than two thirds of the freshman classes are mandatory. So if you are both a musician and an artist, well sorry, you aren't going to like this school. I think the worst thing about this school is the lunch. Every time I got hot lunch, I felt sick to my stomach. It's very disgusting. Though lunch isn't really an important criteria in a good school, I had to mention it.

Orono High School 4

Posted September 05, 2009
Moving around in the school is a little intense but other then that teachers, students and other faculty are amazing

Posted March 23, 2008

Posted December 28, 2005
- a former student

Posted February 17, 2005
My child has been to a number of school systems. Orono was the only school that actually taught her to help teach herself. The depth of her studies is amazing. It really prepared her for college. The extracurricular activities are set up in a way that she was able to participate in more then one at a time. The faculty is very supportive of all the students persuits. I found I was included more in her school life at Orono then in other school systems. I am very happy my daughter went there.

Posted April 18, 2004