PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (2 responses)

Posted November 15, 2015
Waynflete is a mission driven school, providing a rigorous academic program in a safe and supportive environment. The students are well-known by the faculty, who themselves are intelligent, creative, and attuned to current research and trends in education. The quality of relationships among all constituents, including students, faculty, staff, administration, and parents, reflects Waynflete's commitment to respect, kindness, integrity, and inclusiveness. I cannot imagine a more exciting place to be a student, and am very grateful for the education my children and now my grandchild have received.

Posted November 15, 2015
Waynflete provides a challenging and caring environment for children ages 3 - 18. Our son spent six years (grades 7-12) at Waynflete and was delighted to go to school, see his teachers, be with his friends, every single day. At Waynflete he was encouraged to be fully engaged in his education and he carries that with him in college. Waynflete is a remarkable place with an amazing community of faculty, staff, parents and students!

Posted November 12, 2015
My son arrived at Waynflete in 10th grade from a local public school system. Although he had been a strong student, his classes were large, he felt unsupported by his fellow students and he had no relationship with his teachers. That all changed at Waynflete. Each day at school he felt challenged, respected, and embraced by the community. His classes were small and his teachers were always accessible and they knew who he was as an individual. Waynflete changed his life.

Posted March 28, 2015
Waynflete has rigorous academics within a supportive and creative environment. I feel the teachers truly know my children as students and individuals. It is a wonderful community.

Posted January 06, 2015
Waynflete's special sauce, and, in my opinion, the reason why it is the top school in Maine, is that every student is respected as a budding intellectual and as a human being. This respect gives students the courage to take academic risks and helps them develop the confidence to think and analyze independently, not worrying about what the "right" answer is. Waynflete's teachers have high standards and our children are appropriately challenged. The students here need to work for high grades. Even so, hard work does not always guarantee high grades if the intellectual quality of the work isn't there. Another wonderful quality about Waynflete is that this is a school that tries to help its students keep their lives in balance, It is not "cool" here to stay up until all hours doing your homework. If that is your situation, you are not organizing yourself effectively and the school will help you to do that. A third component that we very much appreciate about Waynflete is that there is no dominant student or parent group here. Kids are allowed to be themselves and are respected for that. It is a very special place whose graduates emerge as discerning thinkers and human beings.

Posted December 28, 2014
Waynflete is a great school, because they push you to achieve and be successful, in academics and life.

Posted November 22, 2014
I love how the teachers know my child so well and take great pride in teaching him. There is an excellent balance between rigorous academics and thoughtful play. I feel fortunate to send my child to Waynflete.

Posted November 22, 2014
Initially I was not convinced to send my child to private school having had much success at an average public school. But now I see how much more there is to an education than just academics success. My daughter is thriving both academically AND on a deeper psycho-social level; something I didn't even realize was equally important to foster a love of learning. I am grateful that we have the opportunity to send our daughter to Waynflete and I am now a convert.

Posted October 08, 2014
It can be done. You can educate kids the way you think they ought to be, and they can still come out on top. Teen years are critical for development. High schools have become gateways to good colleges & the focus is on students who sit down at standardized tests & spit out right answers. We wanted a place where our son would be exposed to music, arts & a first class education in math & science & learn to think, read critically, write & speak persuasively. Where he was in a community. A place small enough so teachers know each student & appreciate their individual gifts & challenges. A Mainer, I wanted a place that understood the importance of spending time outdoors. A Dad I wanted a place that had a great sports program. Waynflete is all that. It was rigorous but understanding and valued analysis over rote. Our son got into a great College. The best freshman story I've heard from him so far was about a disagreement he had with one of his Professors on how to interpret a piece his class was studying. They came to a polite difference of opinion & papers were assigned. Our son received his paper & the professor had written: "OK, I've come around to your way of thinking on this."

Posted September 04, 2014
Our daughter is in her fourth year at Waynflete. It is so rewarding to witness our child's enthusiasm and joy when she walks onto campus. The teachers are all very connected with the students and their families. Communication and family involvement is a huge part of the experience. Truly an amazing school!

Waynflete School