PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Waynflete has been one of the best decisions we have made for our children. They all tell me that the teachers are their favorite part of the school. The teachers are a phenomenal group of people who support and encourage the kids to do their best work. My kids have become independent learners who look forward to tackling new challenges. This was not always the case before Waynflete!

From the moment I stepped into Waynflete School I knew this was the place for my daughters, it was the best school I looked at in Portland and surrounds. We were new to Maine which is not the most welcoming place but the Waynflete administration and faculty were excellent and made us all feel welcome and part of the community. The lower school has been an excellent start for my children with its diverse curriculum, Reggio Emilia approach and creative environment. The teacher / student relationship is like nothing I have experienced before, my children love their teachers and can’t wait to share experience and spend time with them. Studying a different country each year has opened my children’s eyes up about the world and where they are from. Communication and parent / family involvement is great at Waynflete. I highly recommend.

I had an amazing experience at Waynflete. As a student here you truly learn to learn. I started as a freshman and had a really smooth transition. From outdoor experience to freshman seminar, the school does so much to make you feel welcome and part of the community. My advisor was fantastic and I am still close to her today - she really made my high school experience fantastic. I was lucky enough to be on the Crew team for all 4 years which was a life changing experience. I felt 110% prepared when I started college, especially when it came to writing. I highly recommend Waynflete!

Waynflete is a school that encourages children to thrive academically and socially by employing a perfect balance of rigorous academics and thoughtful play in a supportive and nurturing environment. Students at Waynflete are known and form meaningful relationships with both faculty and their peers. The classes are engaging and individualized allowing each student to realize their fullest potential. Every morning as I watch my second grade son bound towards school with enthusiasm and great joy, I know that he is exactly where he should be. We feel so fortunate to be part of this incredibly special community.

Waynflete is a place like no other, and is a place for everyone. Our family feels so fortunate to have this school in our community. My three children have attended Waynflete for middle and high school. They were welcomed with open arms when they integrated into the middle school, and they have always been very happy – which is really the most important thing! When kids love going to school, are made to feel appreciated, are challenged and encouraged, as parents we really can’t ask for more. But wait… at Waynflete- there is still so much more!!! The incredible resources available make the whole experience so rich and diverse. From the amazing Outdoor Experiences each fall that help the students bond and test their limits, to the art studios where students explore art in all its forms, to classrooms where students get lots of individual attention and are encouraged to take an active part in their learning, to playing fields for the athletically inclined (where students learn not only the physical skills but also exemplary sportsmanship), from the dance studio and theatre classes to the stage where students comfortably and confidently express themselves through the performing arts, to the music programs and enrichment opportunities….there is so much available! Waynflete offers students the tools to succeed, the opportunity to explore new horizons and the encouragement to develop their abilities. No student is left behind, and every student is valued as an individual. It is a community where everyone supports one another and embraces differences. These values are so important to our family. With emphasis on writing and critical thinking across the curriculum, students become well prepared for the rigor of college work, making that transition easier. In the area of college counseling, Waynflete also excels. The college counseling program is more helpful than we even imagined. The school offers real, concrete assistance and resources to students and families every step of the way; making what can be a daunting process one that is manageable and successful. At Waynflete, students really do “Learn to learn”. Check it out, you won’t look back!

How nice to know that my children are thriving at Waynflete. Their classmates seem to lack the clickyness that is so hard to avoid as a student in, i assume, any school. Students who have gone through Waynflete from earlier grades seem to have an excitement for new students, and everyone, from my perspective as a parent, seems to respect their fellow classmates. I love that the students are assigned an advisor, someone to take a personal interest in the student’s holistic well being; not just grades, but personal relationships, goals, managing time, and what ever is of concern that could be talked about with an adult.

Waynflete is a mission driven school, providing a rigorous academic program in a safe and supportive environment. The students are well-known by the faculty, who themselves are intelligent, creative, and attuned to current research and trends in education. The quality of relationships among all constituents, including students, faculty, staff, administration, and parents, reflects Waynflete's commitment to respect, kindness, integrity, and inclusiveness. I cannot imagine a more exciting place to be a student, and am very grateful for the education my children and now my grandchild have received.

Waynflete provides a challenging and caring environment for children ages 3 - 18. Our son spent six years (grades 7-12) at Waynflete and was delighted to go to school, see his teachers, be with his friends, every single day. At Waynflete he was encouraged to be fully engaged in his education and he carries that with him in college. Waynflete is a remarkable place with an amazing community of faculty, staff, parents and students!

My son arrived at Waynflete in 10th grade from a local public school system. Although he had been a strong student, his classes were large, he felt unsupported by his fellow students and he had no relationship with his teachers. That all changed at Waynflete. Each day at school he felt challenged, respected, and embraced by the community. His classes were small and his teachers were always accessible and they knew who he was as an individual. Waynflete changed his life.

Waynflete has rigorous academics within a supportive and creative environment. I feel the teachers truly know my children as students and individuals. It is a wonderful community.

Last modified Waynflete School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12