Posted July 15, 2014
Three of our four children went through Waynflete from preschool through high school. (We also had a child in public school.) The most amazing part of the school is their ability to ignite learning regardless of what a child is interested in or good at doing. There is a HUGE difference in the education at Waynflete compared to what you get in a public school. Not that you can't get a good education in a public school, just a very different education. First of all Waynflete has studied and incorporated the latest research on how kids learn given the changes in technology and society. At Waynflete they teach kids critical thinking not just how to take standardized tests or do rote memorization. And they focus on students learning self advocacy, rather than parents doing it for them. All three of my kids learned to be comfortable with public speaking, write very well, care about others in the community and they each got into the college they wanted to go to.

Posted July 02, 2014
I went to Waynflete and the community and teachers there are like no other. The curriculum is very challenging and I highly recommend it. The previous review about Mark Segar is completely false. Mark Segar was a wonderful headmaster and is a wonderful person. The reason I say was is because he retired and a new headmaster has taken his place. The campus is small but very welcoming. I will say for those students who struggle with academics North Yarmouth Academy has better support though they are Waynflete's rivals. Parents are less involved which I consider and good thing but many parents do not. I believe that this really lets students transform and evolve as scholars. I hope you take a good look at this school if you are in the area. I hope you found this helpful.

Waynflete School 1

Posted June 07, 2013
I went to waynflete. The teachers are good and the school is good but Mark Segar is the worst headmaster ever. I would avoid waynflete just because of him.

Posted October 28, 2011
All 4 of my children, male and female have loved going to Waynflete. I have been a parent of children at this school for over 20 years. All of my children have been allowed to be true to themselves, have wonderful friends, and have been instilled with love of learning. Three of my children have graduated from Waynflete to date. All three have succeeded in college. They were well prepared to take full advantage of college life. They had the discipline and desire to do well not just academically, but to discover new areas, to get involved in their community, to make new friends, and to excel. The students at Waynflete are encouraged to respect each other. It is a wonderful community.

Posted January 05, 2010
This is an amazing school. I have been there 10 years and do not want to change. I love the teachers and the kids. We learn how to balance studies and social life along with learning everyday skills we'll need later on in life. The teachers are always willing to meet with students on free time if we need any help with an assignment (or really anything at all).

Posted January 05, 2010
I have only been at this school two years and I already know there is nothing bad to be said about it. I actually like going to school! I love the theater, and I participate in drama club and I take dance instead of PE.

Posted December 25, 2008
During my fourteen-year student experience at Waynflete, the faculty, staff, and student body were nothing short of stellar. This is a school that celebrates the 'whole child,' regardless of whether that student is academic, athletic, artistic, social, or none of the above. There is something for everyone at this school, and the faculty/staff will, without fail, bend over backwards to accommodate any reasonable need or desire. Academically, my schooling led me to be a competitive (and admitted) applicant at top colleges across the county. Once in college, my research and writing skills were equal to or above those of students from top-ranked boarding and preparatory schools - and it's all because of the practice, instruction, and advice I received from my teachers at Waynflete. I respect and love my teachers at Waynflete as friends and equals. The tuition here is well worth it - this school made my life what it is.

Posted November 21, 2008

Waynflete School 2

Posted May 06, 2007
The wayneflete classroom is excellent, however, the administration leaves much to be desired. The teachers are fantastic but sadly the gatekeepers of the school set the tone ' I'm not okay...you're not okay'. Check into the progress of this school, it has a lot of potential with a shake up of the admissions staff.

Posted March 23, 2007
Whether your child is the star goalie on the soccer team taking advanced chemistry or the kid doing yoga as a winter sport and taking French drama while starring in the upcoming school play, or someone in between or totally different, Waynflete is the solution for any child. Whether shooting hoops, checking out the latest display in the Gallery, playing hide-and-seek in Cook-Hyde building, or eating a Wombat (breakfast sandwich) in the cafe, at any moment on your free period, there are multiple ways to have fun - and learn. Classes offer one-on-one attention from teachers and a welcoming community. The staff, from the custodians to the head of school, contribute to every part of your child's learning experience.

Waynflete School
360 Spring Street, Portland, ME  04102
Last modified Waynflete School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Waynflete School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews.