Posted November 30, 2014
As a Grandmother, I love the Brown School because it seems every time I am there the staff, teachers, students are all happy. A smiling face on my grandson and his friends is all I need to know that excellent work is being done at the Frank I Brown Elementary School. Thank you all.

Frank I Brown Elementary School 4

Posted June 11, 2014
I like brown, but sometimes it's not my favorite part of the day. The school could improve a little bit. For example,my teacher is retiring this year, but still needs to take the training sessions.

Posted August 23, 2013
Brown is a welcoming school in a close knit community. The teachers are giving and reachable and the principal is one of a kind, Mrs. Hawkins knows every child and parent and is available day or night. Field trips are funded by the school PTA, there are enrichment programs and activities that encourage community involvement like the school Fair and Valentine's breakfast. They actively keep parents informed and updated on changes in teaching and learning. We love Brown!

Posted August 31, 2011
The principal is wonderful and involved in everything that goes on at the school. My son has had three teachers there and they were all WONDERFUL- nurturing, loving, and truly wanted to see their students succeed. My son was slightly behind in reading- they immediately got him into a program with a literacy professional at the school. He can't wait to go to school every day. My youngest will be starting here in a week's time and I am hoping he loves it too. Did I mention that one of the teachers who taught ME at this school (I am 29) is still teaching there?! They have modern equipment as well, from what I have seen.

Posted August 12, 2010
Thus far we have loved Brown School. The Principal is caring and isn t afraid to jump in and help out where ever needed. She knows all of the children by name and my daughter is scared to death of her - which to me is a bonus. The teachers seem willing to challenge the children academically and the counselors try to handle every possible issue before it becomes an issue. My daughter and her friends love school and can t get to school fast enough in the morning. The PTA has several pushy opinionated members, but the rest of the parents seem quite nice and most are very active. One area where I give the highest praise are the schools procedures on getting all the children into the building and making sure that everyone is accounted for. One morning as the children where lined up to go into the building, there was a backpack without out a child attached to it, the place just about went into lock down. The children hadn t even entered the building yet, but everything was stopped until the child was located (he was in the wrong line). This above all else makes me feel my daughter is safe and being watched over while she is away from me

Posted October 29, 2009
The staff are all wonderful, from Mrs. Hawkins the principal to the custodians! Very happy to see my child, always helpful to her and caring of every child. Wonderful PTA and great parent involvement!

Posted October 07, 2009
Warm Friendly people, Very Inviting School The children love it here. You can just tell from their faces!

Posted October 07, 2009
This is the epitomy of a neighborhood school with parent interaction to make every child feel comfortable being at and going to school. There is such interaction and a very strict 'no bully' policy that is overseen by teachers, parents, and students alike. The PTA is very involved and, because of this, there are great opportunities for all. I am very proud to be a parent of a student at Brown.

Posted September 17, 2009
They have the best teachers!!!

Posted May 25, 2009
You will never find another school quite like Brown; there is such a great mix of greatness there! great teachers, great kids, great parents, great community, we have been blessed with Brown School as my childrens starting point to education!

Frank I Brown Elementary School
37 Highland Ave, South Portland, ME  04106
Last modified Frank I Brown Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Frank I Brown Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top