Posted January 30, 2013
My oldest son, who is now 39, my daughter, who is 35, & my youngest son, who is 29, all went to St James & John School under the leadership of Principal, Mrs. King -Cassell. Currently, my oldest granddaughter graduated from St James & is graduating from high school this year and my other grandchildren now attend. It is the best school ever and it should have 5 stars. I love St James!! Lillie Brown, parent of past students & grandparent of current students

Posted June 29, 2010
I love this school my son went from Pre-k thru 5th grade..and I truly missed the teachers and adminitrator Mrs King-Cassell knew each student by name they provided a safe enviorment to learn when several catholic school closed which left my family scrambling to find a school for the 8th grade I was Truly excited to find the St James & Johns had been made into a middle school and I immediatlely enrolled my son Joseph back to his beginings.

St James & St John School 0

Posted January 07, 2010
My daughter went to this school from preK thru fifth grade and I was simply delighted with the level of learning and professionalism administered to the student and parents. Simply awesome principal, teachers and administrative staff, can't say enough great things about this institution!

St James & St John School 4

Posted October 15, 2009

Posted October 05, 2008
My brother and I both attended this school and we both ended up graduating from high school early. This school set the foundation for us so that we could both go further in life. As far as extracurricular activities are concerned, if you are downtown there are many places you can take your child. The problem with children nowadays is that parents drop their children off at daycare or let them stay afterschool and 'hope' for the best. Stop being lazy and take a more active role in your childs life. To the June 1, 2007 poster, what did you do for your child? It's easy to blame a school but nowhere in your post did you discuss your role in your childs education (besides paying money). If money is your only issue, you are missing the point.

St James & St John School 0

Posted March 03, 2008
I once was a student of this school and my daughter is now attending, completing her first year (Pre-K 3). My daughter enjoys coming to school. At this school everyone is pleasent and treated like a family. My daughters teacher is Ms. Barnett and this is also her first year. I love the way she is firm with the students and how she makes learning fun for each of her students. She is a wonderful person and great new addition to the St. James and John family. Shania Plummer

Posted January 22, 2008
I am happy and delighted about the work of an excellent principal, Mrs. King-Cassell! All three of my kids have attended this great school. The teachers are top-notch, the curriculum is enforced greatly, and the principal knows each child individually. This school is a family. Many parents complain about extra-curricular activties, but you have to weigh the importance of a good, quality education over the quantity of activities that would allow the parent to take charge and choose what's best for your child or children.

Posted August 21, 2007
Excellent school. Good teacher interaction with students. My granddaughters attend this school and the oldest one's academic skills were greatly improved. The parent involvement is very good. Academic programs are outstanding. Extracurricular activities are few. However, the children are very well behaved and most importantly, happy while learning. This is a family oriented school. You will immediately sense this upon entering the doors of Sts. James and John.

St James & St John School 2

Posted June 01, 2007
This is the first school my son attended and I can say I was a little disappointed. I believe my child's performance should have been way higher than he was graded. When money is involved with a child's education, I believe the parent as well as the child should get there money worth. I feel as though my son was short changed with his education. To me he is leaving this school with more friends and the same knowledge he came to the school with. He learned very little and could have been pushed to learn much more. I do understand a parent has to take part in there child's education and discipline, but if I push harder and the teacher don't what do the child get out of it. His teacher could have done a much better job. My child will not be returning to this school.

St James & St John School 4

Posted January 07, 2006
I think this school needs extracurricular activities. My daughter always complian of no gym, no computers. They don't even teach Foriegn Languages. If it wasn't for the availbility of the distance from Home and Work. I would send my child to Father Charles. Their academic levels and teacher quality is at it's highest. My child was voted smartest student of the year for kindergarten. And now she is on the honor roll. I will give their overall on scale from 1-5. 4 if they had extracurricular activities it would increase to a 5.

St James & St John School
1012 Somerset Street, Baltimore, MD  21202
Last modified St James & St John School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St James & St John School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top