Baltimore, MD

Posted October 29, 2014
People have had mixed feelings about this school but i can tell you that after 3 years at that school we could not have been happier. This is a really good school, there is not need to send your little ones to another school, they will succeed at federal hill prep.

Posted April 13, 2014
My school is an undiscovered gem in Baltimore. It is as close to a private school as you can get and still be public and free! We are small in size but large in accomplishments. We are teaching an urban population to become a global society. We not only touch the future we shape the future.

Posted April 11, 2014
My children have excelled at this school. My oldest child has scored in the 99th percentile in Math on standardized test and high in reading too. My youngest has thrived in this school in terms of behavior and learning in a way he didn't when he went to a private preschool.

Federal Hill Preparatory School 4

Posted April 07, 2014
Federal Hill Prep is a great community school! I confess we were considering other options given what we'd seen and heard about the direction the school had taken, but with the new principal starting in 2013, the school has really changed for the better. I can see that our child is learning a great deal, and the teachers are passionate about their jobs and are very caring. Overall I notice an environment that fosters curiosity and creativity. And the very strong PTO and community involvement really makes the school welcoming. Plus, the school is so small it seems that teachers and staff know each and every student. Finally, they have a great deal of activities that make school fun: from the Green Eggs & Ham Breakfast, to Science Night, Bingo and more. I would recommend this school; a hidden gem.

Federal Hill Preparatory School 4

Posted January 17, 2014
Federal Hill Prep is a great place. We recently moved to Baltimore and have been extremely happy with the number of cultural activities, field trips and education opportunities that have been made available to our students. The teachers and administrators care about the success of each student and will listen to and address any concerns you have with instruction, environment, staff, etc. And they are getting a salad bar! It's a great environment with great teachers, students, parents and leadership.

Posted January 16, 2014
I have two kids at Federal Hill Prep, and have been thrilled with the school. A new principal started in Sept 2013, and she is outstanding. I've also been very impressed by all the teachers my kids have had thus far. The school has done a suberb job rolling out the new common core curriculum this year. Federal Hill Prep takes a whole child approach, and recognizes that academics, while important, are only one part of a child's education. The school emphasizes arts integration and has great music and physical education programs as well. There's a well organized afterschool enrichment program, with a coordinator who arranges for programs such as language classes, yoga, art and various sports. The student body is very diverse, with kids from many race/ethnicities and income levels. The school only goes up to grade 5 now, so doesn't have the problems that come with middle school students. Federal Hill Prep partners with Experience Corp to bring more adults into the classrooms, and also has a coach from the Playworks program. My kids are thriving at Federal Hill Prep, both academically and socially, and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.

Posted January 08, 2014
Great school in a Great neighborhood very happy with staff/teachers/principal our child is happy and learning every single day, would like to recommend this school.

Posted January 08, 2014
New Principal does a great job! School is changing for good, we have been very happily surprised by the new changes. School is in good hands.

Federal Hill Preparatory School 1

Posted January 08, 2014
The school is very poorly managed and operated. I feel sorry for the kids that are sent to this school with such a poor environment and a principal that doesn't take the time out of her day to call back, when messages are left.

Federal Hill Preparatory School 1

Posted January 01, 2014
I wish i can say that the school is good ,I have two kids in there my doughter was facing a bulling kids there ,and no action from the school to stop the bulling kids ,

Federal Hill Preparatory School
1040 William St, Baltimore, MD  21218
Last modified Federal Hill Preparatory School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Federal Hill Preparatory School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top