Bad
Good

Expressing. I received a letter that my son Thomas had to attend summer school, which was confusing due to the tutoring sessions I obtained so this wouldn't take affect. I contacted Reginald F. Lewis High School as a concerned parent on June 18, 2014, and spoke with Mrs. A., a ninth (9th) and tenth (10th) grade teacher that confirmed our son had passed all his classes. I want to say thank you to the two ladies that were very helpful and kind in resolving this issue and expressing our son's tenth grade (10th) advancement in August 2014. I've been so confident in our son's educations when he arrived to Reginald F. Lewis in January 2014. Once again thank you, enjoy your summer and looking forward to seeing the staff once again at the beginning school year for our son's 10th grade teachings and learnings.

The school has offered my daughter many opportunities. At first, I had heard lots of bad things about the school, and had even had an incident which I felt the administration handled poorly. Now I am most impressed with the many things my daughter is involved in. She is graduating this year and heading off to college.

I am someone who has been asked by the school to help them to improve their facilities. In particular, the Principal, Dr. Wilson and the AD, Ms Ansell care deeply about the need for improvement. As the parent who commented on 1/18, it's very basic, if the parent doesn't care then the teachers are asked to make miracles happen. For the sake of the kids and the teachers, I hope the parents wake up and take notice.

Kids are acting like school is a play ground. Visit the school where is your child hanging out what are they doing. Teachers are not babysitters. Is this appropriate behavior please don't tell me this is what it is like at home. Let them run wild and we expect them to do better cause they get to go to school. I've witnessed the drama, lack of respect... The classroom were COLD I literally froze latches broken on windows. I wanted to just get out and this is why they wear jackets or coats. The standards have changed it starts at home and then goes to school. If we as partents don't care but expect others to do their job. Just visit the school its not the teachers its the lack of interest in the kids getting an education they don't care.

The parent's must be more involved and personnal from outside agencies must do their jobs. The staff and administration works very hard everyday. Student acheivement is happening.

Alwful. Just alwful. My child was taking out as soon as I saw how some of the staff was treating some of the students who had a little common sence, and the promises they give to the seniors always end up as a lie. It is not recondmended from a parent, to a parent to send your child. My child dose most devine now that he is at city. Most devine.

I am a parent and when I realized my daughter had become content with attending this school I was dissappointed. Time went by and the Reginald F. Lewis High School has earned my respect. The school has had some problems, but it's the teachers, administrators, and the parents that have to encourage the students to change the reputation of this school. Compared to where the school originated from I love it.

Although you change the name of a school, it's only as successfull as the parent, teacher and student relationships. They go together and it's not happened in this school. Maybe someday

iam a student at reginald f. lewis i dont see how you think its a bad school its really not when you is getting a higher learning in school just like everybody else so i happy i am a junior cause if it wasnt for the teachers, prinpical and students for making me what iam today educated

As a student of reginald f. Lewis i feel you have to actually be a student to understand this school is not a bad school. Its just that you got all these parents who dont care about what there children do. They send them here thinking its time ot babysit or its a playground. Ragin cared much about her student. The teachers arent as good but we sure had a good principal who worked hard with those who wanted help

Last modified Reginald F. Lewis High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.