Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)

Most of the teachers that my daughter has had or has are very nice but there's a couple that are not but other then that the school is good and the drama that goes on with a couple of girls is ridiculous and. Childish

My daughter started teaching at this school earlier this year - the spirit in the school, the partnership among the faculty, the leadership from the administration is great. Note that the bad reviews that pull down the average score for this school mostly go back many years - the reviews since 2012 have been excellent. It's great to see such good work occurring in a Baltimore city school.

Lakeland Elementary Middle School is a wonderfully happy place where all students, staff, community members, families, teachers, administrators and parents treat each other with mutual respect and kindness. Safety, rigor, differentiation and technology integration are some of top priorities of each and every staff member at Lakeland. Teachers, school leaders, and parents collaborate to help scholars in grades pre-k to 8 grow, learn, and be college and career ready. I couldn't be more proud to work at such an outstanding City School.

Lakeland staff has come a long way in a short time to overcome what was once a less than desirable learning environment and converting it into a place where children can learn, grow and have access to resources that will help build stronger educational opportunities in the future. Collaboration between the teachers, administration and parents is highly encouraged and nurtured and if a parent cares enough about their child's education, and can nurture a love of learning at home and reinforce what is taught at the school, the school has many resources to help parents, teachers ands students guide children towards their academic and social goals.

The school and its staff all work hard and most of the teachers are very committed. But, Lakeland still has a long way to go regarding bullying, student discipline and teaching all students to read and write. My children attend Lakeland and have to deal with bullying on a regular basis. Administration and the teachers can and should do more to help the children feel safe at school.

I formerly taught at another school in Baltimore City and Lakeland far outshines my previous experience. The staff is welcoming, the students are engaged and the overall environment is positive!

I am a teacher here at Lakeland and since the new administration has been on board I have seen many changes that have helped raise student achievement, community, and collaboration amongst staff. I feel that students and teachers are being held accountable for the responsibilities and the culture of our school is growing to one of resolved committment to see our students achieve!

I am a new teacher this year and am so impressed with Lakeland Elementary/Middle! The teachers are creative, motivated and care deeply about their students. I also greatly respect the leadership of my principals and assistant principals and like the friendly, professional tone that they set. I have other friends that are first year teachers in Baltimore City and I seriously feel like I landed the jackpot teaching here! I feel well-supported and continually pushed to be the best I can be for the sake of my students. Lakeland is definitely on the rise and I'm excited to be apart of the upward trend!

I am a new staff member at Lakeland this year. I have found the administration to be strong, the staff and faculty to be accommodating, and the students to be happy. The administration cares a lot about its students and their families and they spend a lot of time and energy creating a community school. There are lots of great after-school programs, sports teams, clubs, and extra coach class for students to be a part of. It's also a very clean building and a bright environment for students and staff. I have loved working here so far and would recommend this as a great place to work and a great place to send your child to school.

i am cashaey whitener at lakeland i attenade this school because this is a great school. my princeples are the best. i love all the teachers.lakeland is a very clean school.lakeland is a very pespecful school.we are loins a shout out to mr.gordon,mr.e,and mr.jammle they is some very good princeples.

Last modified Lakeland Elementary/Middle School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.