Baltimore, MD

Posted November 23, 2014
Lakeland Elementary Middle School is a wonderfully happy place where all students, staff, community members, families, teachers, administrators and parents treat each other with mutual respect and kindness. Safety, rigor, differentiation and technology integration are some of top priorities of each and every staff member at Lakeland. Teachers, school leaders, and parents collaborate to help scholars in grades pre-k to 8 grow, learn, and be college and career ready. I couldn't be more proud to work at such an outstanding City School.

Posted September 26, 2013
Lakeland staff has come a long way in a short time to overcome what was once a less than desirable learning environment and converting it into a place where children can learn, grow and have access to resources that will help build stronger educational opportunities in the future. Collaboration between the teachers, administration and parents is highly encouraged and nurtured and if a parent cares enough about their child's education, and can nurture a love of learning at home and reinforce what is taught at the school, the school has many resources to help parents, teachers ands students guide children towards their academic and social goals.

Lakeland Elementary/Middle School 2

Posted June 26, 2013
The school and its staff all work hard and most of the teachers are very committed. But, Lakeland still has a long way to go regarding bullying, student discipline and teaching all students to read and write. My children attend Lakeland and have to deal with bullying on a regular basis. Administration and the teachers can and should do more to help the children feel safe at school.

Posted November 02, 2012
I formerly taught at another school in Baltimore City and Lakeland far outshines my previous experience. The staff is welcoming, the students are engaged and the overall environment is positive!

Posted November 01, 2012
I am a teacher here at Lakeland and since the new administration has been on board I have seen many changes that have helped raise student achievement, community, and collaboration amongst staff. I feel that students and teachers are being held accountable for the responsibilities and the culture of our school is growing to one of resolved committment to see our students achieve!

Posted November 01, 2012
I am a new teacher this year and am so impressed with Lakeland Elementary/Middle! The teachers are creative, motivated and care deeply about their students. I also greatly respect the leadership of my principals and assistant principals and like the friendly, professional tone that they set. I have other friends that are first year teachers in Baltimore City and I seriously feel like I landed the jackpot teaching here! I feel well-supported and continually pushed to be the best I can be for the sake of my students. Lakeland is definitely on the rise and I'm excited to be apart of the upward trend!

Posted October 24, 2012
I am a new staff member at Lakeland this year. I have found the administration to be strong, the staff and faculty to be accommodating, and the students to be happy. The administration cares a lot about its students and their families and they spend a lot of time and energy creating a community school. There are lots of great after-school programs, sports teams, clubs, and extra coach class for students to be a part of. It's also a very clean building and a bright environment for students and staff. I have loved working here so far and would recommend this as a great place to work and a great place to send your child to school.

Posted June 13, 2012
i am cashaey whitener at lakeland i attenade this school because this is a great school. my princeples are the best. i love all the teachers.lakeland is a very clean school.lakeland is a very pespecful school.we are loins a shout out to mr.gordon,mr.e,and mr.jammle they is some very good princeples.

Posted January 10, 2012
My children attended this school from PreK to 8th grade. Because of the education recevied at lakeland they both ended up in good high schools and then on to college. It disturbs me when I see negative items written about this school.There may be a few problems but what school does not. With parent involvement, collaborative working with the teachers and community, this school is becoming better and better. Sometimes it is only because of what you have out into a school that produces what you get out.

Lakeland Elementary/Middle School 1

Posted December 05, 2011
Don't send your kids to this school. I wish I could give this school -500 stars, but I have to give it 1. What kind of school do they think this is? Najib Jamal is the new principal, even worse than the old one. Ms. Baker, and Ms. Falcone are the two worst teachers ever. I hate Lakeland. Try Lansdowne Middle School instead. I had a complete 360 because Lansdowne is the best school.

Lakeland Elementary/Middle School
2921 Stranden Rd, Baltimore, MD  21230
Last modified Lakeland Elementary/Middle School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lakeland Elementary/Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top