Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Student (1 response)

Posted July 14, 2016
I ave had children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren to attend Margaret Brent Elementary/Middle school. I love the school, the students, the parents, the staff, and the neighborhood. I also worked at the school for 34 years. I always look forward to visiting the school and the neighborhood. It has been and still is a great experience.

Posted May 01, 2014
I love this school the goals are centered around making my child's learning experience the best. I enjoy the diversity in the school and how my child teacher shows concern in my child's development there are always family oriented events hosted during the school year that helps keep busy parents like myself still active in the school I definitely want my children to keep learning and developing at Margaret Brent

Posted April 30, 2014
We love the racial, ethnic and socio-economic diversity at Margaret Brent. The school's culture is welcoming and inclusive with middle schoolers looking out for the elementary students. Academically, we feel it is comprable to other high performing schools. Our daughter, now in 2nd grade, has excelled here and we are very happy.

Posted April 25, 2014
My daughter is a pre-K student at Margaret Brent and we have thoroughly enjoyed our first year at the school. The pre-K teachers are wonderful - my daughter is thriving and will be reading her own books by the end of the school year. The school is clean, bright, and welcoming, and provides a warm, pleasant learning environment for the students. The school has fabulous community partnerships that continue to provide new resources and opportunities. The new principal is focused on continual improvement in academics, enrichment, culture, and teacher development. Current needs include playground upgrades, smaller class sizes, and stronger parent engagement.

Posted April 03, 2014
My school is full of love and support for my children and our family. Even before I had children, I knew that Margaret Brent was the school I wanted them to attend. My oldest cousin had 4 children that attended Margaret Brent during my teen years and I visited the school often. Even then, the atmosphere was welcoming and children were respected and taught with love. The school has many community initiatives and opportunities to join in my child's education. I have been a preschool teacher for over 15 years and Margaret Brent has shown me how to positively incorporate parents into the learning process and the classroom. My real concern is the new principal. She seems to not have a handle on what goes on day to day or a good management style for her teachers.

Posted August 16, 2012
As of this summer, Margaret Brent is partnering with Johns Hopkins University to, among other things, to bring the Success For All reading curriculum to the school! My daughter will be in kindergarden this year (she was in PreK at Brent last year), and I have been very pleased with how responsive the principal is to parent concerns. My daughter's teacher last year was wonderful and she was reading by the end of PreK!

Margaret Brent Elementary School 1

Posted December 04, 2011
All this stuff these parents are saying is not true. I have been here for at least three years, and i feel there has not been a change. Everyday I come to school i feel like I don't come here to learn. When I am in class it doesn't feel like a class environment. That is because there are some teachers who can't teach the ones who are trying to learn. They are to busy worried about the kids who are off task. The principal does not do anything about these behavior problem kids. And when you come to the office you mind as well walk back out. The staff walk around as they don't see you. Your needs wont be serviced when you go into the office.

Posted November 29, 2011
My child is in pre-K at Margaret Brent and I'm very happy with the school. In addition to a wonderful teacher, there are often two great Experience Corps volunteers and a Paraprofessional. My kid loves his classmates and his teachers. Dr. Waters-Scofield has been very responsive to the concerns of parents.

Posted August 02, 2011
Margaret Brent is a great school with a superior leader and a great community vibe. Working and volunteering there over the last several months has been a pleasure and I look forward to enrolling my child there next year for kindergarten.

Posted June 29, 2011
I love this school. The principal and staff are competent of what they are doing and my daughter is incredibly happy, after being picked on at Baltimore Montessori. The education is, sadly, average, but the teachers are working hard on that aspect. Other than that, my only other concern is the foul mouthed words the students say. The clean, bright atmostphere of this school is very welcoming and I invite you to see the school and check it out for your child.

Margaret Brent Elementary School
100 East 26th St, Baltimore, MD  21218
Last modified Margaret Brent Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.