Public charter
Baltimore, MD

Posted October 14, 2014
The Principal of the school is very unproffesional and talks to parents as if she is in the streets. I see now why the school has gone down so much. This used to be a very good school! I would not recommend any child to this school!!!

Posted October 21, 2013
The new principal (Almond) is pathetic. My daughter thought the principal was white, so that says alot right there. This school puts on a good pony show for visitors but is nothing more than daycare

Coppin Academy 5

Posted November 20, 2012
Coppin Academy is a very good school, I have been here for 2 years and even though its a fairly new school I have gotten everything I can ask for (except hot lunchs, which I don't mind because I love bringing my own lunch to school and being able to warm it up.) The teachers really care at the school and the material is challenging. I would say Coppin is one of the better Baltimore City schools in the city today. The principal last year didn't have the proper skills to manage the whole school, but the principle this year has given the students the strictness that is needed, and that has made this school even better. The only think should really change is replace some of the teachers that don't care (which aren't many), with teachers that actually do.

Coppin Academy 2

Posted March 29, 2012
This school shouldnt even be open !! They dont have an health suite,gym, hot food or anything. Teachers give more book work whether then teaching. When a child is failing they dont mention until the last minute or notify the parents. The pricipal is caring but needs to pay better attention to his students and staff.

Coppin Academy 5

Posted January 18, 2012
My child came to this school as a transfer student from Baltimore Freedom Academy right after the 1st quarter of the school year. It took a little adjusting but the teachers worked with her and brought her up to speed. Now my child is getting better grades then she ever obtained at BFA. This school challenged her, motivated her to step up. When my child received the progress report, I was impressed. My child's study habits have changed for the better. My child is more focus and mature in thinking. I am so glad that my child was accepted. I only wish I could have gotten my child in sooner

Coppin Academy 4

Posted February 28, 2011
I graduated from Coppin Academy in 2009 being apart of the first graduating class, established in 2005. When I started at Coppin Academy I disliked it, for stupid reasons such as it not having many kids , being on a college campus, having to wear uniform,etc. Then the longer I was there the more I begin to grow-up and realize that the school had a great system of academics and outstanding teachers. We had challenging academic programs such as taking college classes while we were only in the eleventh grade. Being at Coppin Academy we did have our share of problems, but what school does not? Having such a small amount of classmates in the school made it that much easier to love each and every one of them. With the help of the school you guys don't think too highly of, I am going into my junior year at the college of my choice.So no matter what anyone thinks I rate Coppin Academy a five star school with five star teachers, and I am sure my classmates from class 09' can back me up. & I just want to say Rest In Peace to Lacy Roberts and Ms. Martha Brown! We Love you guys and miss you!=)

Coppin Academy 3

Posted January 10, 2011
I have a child that attends Coppin Academy. She doesn't hate it but she does say it could use some improvement. I feel the same way; Coppin Academy has potentials but a lot of the students there are giving the school a bad name. Many of the tenth graders are giving this school a bad reputation. Word out on the street is that Coppin Academy is the place to be if you want to fight and not get put out. The faculty has no control over these tenth grader and before long these students are going to be the very reason this school will fail to progress.

Coppin Academy 0

Posted March 14, 2010
I give Coppin Academy a 4 star rating.I would like to rate Mrs.Gooden with5 stars vera mason

Coppin Academy 3

Posted August 17, 2009

Posted May 05, 2009
This is my child's first year at this school, and after this school year ends I'm not sending my child back here again. The administration is horrible, everytime I call up at this school no one answers. The let us parents know things 2 days before it happens and not give us enough time. They don't even challenge their students enough. My advice to other parents is not to send your children to this school if you want them to have a better education.

Coppin Academy
2500 West North Ave, Baltimore, MD  21216
Last modified Coppin Academy is a Charter school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Coppin Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top