Bad
Good

Mergenthaler is a WONDERFUL school and learning environment, with plenty of opportunities to earn an education that will create success in life. If it has one huge fault, it would be that the entrance criteria no longer eliminates students with no interest in successful academic careers as it once did before. Any decrease in academic standards is solely due to this.

I'M a 1962 graduate of MVT. commercial baking spent 40yrs. in my trade. The best years of my life were at MVT. Played the three major sports 4yrs. Made many friends from diferent parts of the city will be attending our 50th class reunion on Oct. 27th. That time in the 50's&60's were great. GO MUSTANGS

this school is large but dirty and the teaching is way below average, the only good thing about mergenthaler is the trades

I attend Mervo. The school college rates has decreased since I came there in 2008. The staff has no type of interaction with the students unless the students have behavior problems. I do not see myself getting into a good college coming from Mergenthaler Voc-Tech High School.

I attend Mervo. The school is turning out pretty ell so far. I am a Freshman just getting out of Middle School. Mervo has standard rules taht everyone follows. They have support staff, and dicipline is Great. They have the right classes for Honors and standards.

the principals are amazing teachers are helpful and the amoun to of extracurriculum activities are tremendous the parents aren't that involvedbut safety and dicipline iis amazing

I am currently a senior at Mergenthaler High school. When I first arrived here during 2006 of my freshman year, the environment and curriculum was excellent. As the years gradually went by and Ms Rayment took her place as the new principle of Mervo, the schools perform has decrease dramatically. Their were active gangs, students cutting classes and disrespecting teachers. However, a new administration has arrived last year with a alternate principle who actually concerns himself with the reputution of Mervo and its students. The rules have been modified and there are more penalties for mishaving student. The future of Mervo is looking promising thanks to new the newly admitted administration.

Mervois a excellet school, the transition from middle school to high school was great because the bridge program has a great structure, and my daughter loves it. The staff is wonderful.

I think mervo is a mervelous scool , i have no problems if i was to move my child in a diffrent envoriment , the same issues would occur, mervo just had cameras placed all over the school , and the behavior of all students have improved, i dont think 2008 was the worst year , infact i think this has been the best year so far for students and parents, my biggest concern with this school is the trades, that are getting pulled for example cosmetology, accounting, barbering, these are trades when you are garunteed jobs right out of hihschool , so why take them out ? Especially barbering and cosmetology , theirs so many shop owners that makes alot of money and becomes entreupieners. I think they need to keep all of there trades, just add more .... And have fun , school is a place to learn but also bel earning

The quality of academic programs here at Marvo is excellent. There are many things to help you:tutoring, and coach class. The teachers here are also very helpful, as long as I've been here for the short semester, that's not even done. When I got here, I couldn't believe how many aferschool things we have. There's sports such as badminton, tennis, swimming, and volleyball. There's clubs like Spanish club and modeling. It's awesome. However, I'm pretty sure that the level of parent involvment could be a lot higher than what it is.

Last modified Mergenthaler Vocational-Technical High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.