Baltimore, MD

Robert W. Coleman Elementary School 3

Posted February 05, 2013
RWC Elementary is just average in my opinion. I feel that my daughter could be learning more if the class sizes were not so large. My daughter is 1 out of 36 girls in one class. Her teacher is an EXCELLENT instructor when she does not have to be a referee to the young ladies. The principal Mrs. Thompson should be awarded a Medal of Honor for all that she does for the children, parents and community. This school is in need of expansion to accomodate the influx of children coming into the community and could benefit from more expanded programs such as Advanced Academics and truly structured Performing Arts program (dance, drama, voice, instrument). I would be amiss if I did not mention RWC's secret weapon.....the Asst. Principal, Mrs. Stewart, another excellent administrator.

Posted August 23, 2011
I just want to say that under the new leadership of Mrs. Thompson RWC is a good school. This is my daughter's 2nd year at this school and she absolutely loves it. The school has an atmosphere condusive to learning and the staff is wonderful. My only flaw I see with this school is the lunch menu (very poor selection and quality).

Posted November 19, 2010
I love robert Coleman all of my children have attended i won'[t move out of the area because i do not want to transfer my children have been honor roll students there whole time there any 5 year old is currently reading above level and testing well.I will miss MRS Allen but the staff as a whole is committed Thankyou RWC staff.

Posted February 28, 2010
I love this school the stuff is wonderful and I love Mrs Allen

Posted August 27, 2009

Robert W. Coleman Elementary School 0

Posted November 14, 2008
I have two children that attend RWC and this is a great school. All of the teachers and staff seem to know and have a handle on all of the kids there. I alwasy feel my kids are in great hands at RWC

Posted September 18, 2008
My Daughter Is A Student At Robert W.Coleman This School Is Excellent.From Mrs.Allen To Mr.Belcher To THe Secretarys I Would Refer This School TO Anyone And Everyone.Mrs Allen KNows The Students Very Well And THere always HAving A family Night WHich Gives U A Chance To Get Involved With Your Childs School Life......Tricey.

Posted July 07, 2005

Posted June 21, 2005
RWC is a great school which challenges each student academicly. My son a graduate from 5th grade, enjoyed RWC each year since Kindergarten. Each teacher has been very caring and supportive. Mrs. Allen is the best, she knows each student by name and personality. She made it a special point to have an after school program through the YMCA, and the YMCA staff were very kind. And on each report card for each quarter and for every student she writes her personal encouraging remarks for them, I always looked forward to see what she would say to my son. We will miss RWC staff. Thank you all for everything.

Posted July 19, 2004
RWC is a school focused on learning andchallenging its students. My son has done well in its pre-K4 and kindergarten classes and he has mastered reading to a 1st grade level. The school calendar is 'year-round' which is extended past the regular BCPS calendar. The intercession breaks (usu. 15 days) and first day of school (which can be a month early) is the biggest adjustment for parents. However, RWC has its challenges with student discipline in the older (i.e., 5th) grades, and it doesn't have support in special needs. But the staff is very supportive in providing the best for their classes and the Principal, Ms. Allen knows the students by name. RWC cares about its students and tries to encourage them to care about learning.

Robert W. Coleman Elementary School
2400 Windsor Ave, Baltimore, MD  21216
Last modified Robert W. Coleman Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Robert W. Coleman Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top