Baltimore, MD

Posted December 03, 2014
My kids attend this school and this will the first and last for my youngest and last as well for my oldest principal just ridiculous doesn't know how to handle any situation let alone run a school .none of the teachers I feel are really qualified enough to teach .another thing they have all these volunteers walking around acting like they are in control and they are only there to get a check... I have witnessed teachers putting there hands on the students and besides the fact when you come to them with a manner in a mature tone everybody gets defensive and argues with you even tried to put my kindergartener out because of a Non related issue horrible needs to have whole new staff change in this school honestly or they need to shut down immediately !!!!!

Posted July 28, 2014
The principal is incompetent. Principal is rude, standoffish, doesn't know anything, and instead puts up a rude front to mask his incompetence. The teachers really try their best, but no one seems to like or respect the principal. I have seen some of his writing, and his spelling and grammar are atrocious.

Posted April 04, 2014
The principal and Ap are incompetent. Principal is rude, standoffish, doesn't know anything, and instead puts up a rude front to mask his incompetence.

Posted March 25, 2014
My son attends PreK and I am so sorry I sent him here. Besides the fact that he loves his teacher this school is terrible. The administration staff are incompetent, lazy and careless. I have turned in a change of number emergency form, only with the last four digits of my number different atleast 4 times since September of 2013. Today I received a call from my mother that my child had an accident in class because they still have not changed my phone number. I had to sit in front of the secretary and watch her change my number to be sure that it was done which is redo upload. Especially since I've spoken to her before and she told me she was working on that as we were speaking. The cafeteria servers are unfriendly, they yell at the children and don't want to keep the cafeteria clean. The other day my son told me that he saw a mouse in his class room. The parents are uninvolved in their students learning and the children are way behind in learning. Thankfully he will be attended another school next year, hopefully in the county.

Posted March 13, 2014
This is the worst school my children ever attended! The principal lacks the leadership skills necessary to run this school and blames the community. Well All I can say is when you have a principal who just stands there while allowing children to curse and carry on, what do you expect? He needs to get a handle on this school or let someone else takeover. I expressed my concerns to him and was met with a defensive attitude and excuses. To top it off, he wanted me to come in and convey my concerns to his staff (Uh hello brother, you should be able to do that yourself, I have my own job. This is what you are paid for.) All in all, most of the staff is unprofessional and dress as if they are going to the club. Lead by example Guilford and give these kids a chance!

Guilford Elementary/Middle School 0

Posted December 01, 2008
Hi , my name is Rolanda S. White and I used to attend guilford elementary school from 4th grade - 8th and when I attended anything less than great wasnt tolerated and I loved it I had quite a few teachers that I still to this day know their names mrs. estelle smith love her to death a real dedicated teacher 1 in a million she was a very short women with a big passion to teach she made us strive to the point we felt like suceeding was not an option it was a must and i will never forget the impact she had on my life ever , now we have mr . Fitten he was another wonderful teacher who didnt ake any crap in or out of the class room showed us the true meaning of R.E.S.P.E.C.T he's another that is unforgetable .they really made a difference.

Guilford Elementary/Middle School 3

Posted July 22, 2008

Posted June 22, 2007
My daughter attended Guolford for two years . There are teachers there that do have a true interested in your chldren and try to offer as much help as possiblt. However ,I had an issue with students with behavorial issues and academic issues being mixed in with the other students. It caused my daughter to be in an enviornment that was chaotic and rather unproductive. There were not many extracurricular activities , no foreign languages, as well as parent involvement was not good at all.

Posted March 11, 2007
The academic programs could be better. School does not offer foreign languages. There is no playground equipment. The sports program is limited to basketball and that is an extracurricular activity. There are no extracurricular activities other than basketball. I see very little parent involvement. The school just got a music teacher. The students do not have instruments. Children who misbehave at other schools are transferred to Guilford. Classes are integrated with children who can concentrate and work with children who are disrupted and misbehave.

Guilford Elementary/Middle School 3

Posted February 12, 2005

Guilford Elementary/Middle School
4520 York Rd, Baltimore, MD  21212
Last modified Guilford Elementary/Middle School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Guilford Elementary/Middle School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top