Bad
Good

The teachers here are great and obviously love the kids. The administrative side of things could use some work - many processes seem stuck in the pre-internet years.

The K teacher was very good in keeping us posted and making sure my daughter was comfortable with the curriculla, and the school offers lots of fun activities throughout the school year, the only thing I would like to see added is on-line communication between parents and teachers.

My kid started this school last year. He completed his KG. This is my first kid of school age and this is our first school experience as parents. During the whole year, I found the staff very helpful and guiding. I personally have two 4 year college degrees, including one in education. I liked the school based on my personal experience and knowledge.

Didn't have the same experience as others, while the office staff and some of the teachers have been fine, I found that there needs to be some retraining done, esp. in handling kids with unique needs. Very disappointed in the way our issues were handled.

I learned how to read, do arithmetic, and to play the clarinet there. It's a great neighborhood school.

I love this my son denzel attended arbutus and finished this past june.. it was great teachers staff attentive to the kids needs..I give arbutus all of the stars in the world.. we are going to miss u guys..the proud parents of denzel moving on 2 the sixth grade ..Thanks for all you do

We have been part of the AES family for 5 years now and--with three children--have had exposure to every grade level. Arbutus Elementary is the best kept secret in Baltimore County. If the test scores don't convince you, then spend some time working with the administration and faculty. You'll see a group of dedicated professionals who care about the children in their school and sincerely want to partner with parents. We came to Arbutus from a private school in the area, and I will say with confidence that the education and experience my children have received from AES far exceeds that of the other school.

Arbutus Elementry is a terrific school. Great PTA. Awesome Teachers!

Last modified Arbutus Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.