Posted May 15, 2014
AMAZING place to send your children!!!! The teachers are caring and the work is challenging. I love the new principal ( i think this is her second year) She always stands in the front lobby to greet the children. I stand outside before school everyday and she claps and the children repeat the clap. She then says,"Good morning boys and girls!" and the children reply. I can tell that she truly loves children. She also says good morning to all the parents outside as well. When I didn't understand the new curriculum she called me back the same day. We met in her office and she heled me as a parent. LOVE it here!! You can tell that the teachers for the most part are the same. Most of them will greet the children with a smile and you can tell that they really get to know the children

Posted April 03, 2014
My son is in Kindergarten at Relay and I absolutely love this school. His teacher is amazing and the administration is very responsive. Our only concern is being stuck in the Lansdowne High School zone as it is a disaster of a school.

Posted March 12, 2014
I'm very much dissatisfied with teachers interaction with kids,especially 5th grade teachers.They are very irresponsible.And there is lot of discrimination.

Posted January 12, 2014
I recently moved into the area from Howard County schools. I was shocked by the difference in approach and the academic rigor at Relay ES. This school helped my son flourish academically without all of the other nonsense. I would recommend this school over any Howard County elementary school. Keep up the good work!

Relay Elementary School 4

Posted July 08, 2013
Overall this is a wonderful school...all the teachers seen to get to know the children (even those not in their class). My daughter has been here since 1st grade and is now in 4th. The front office both seem to have an attitiude. The Principal changed this school year and I haven't experienced any problems with her although I've overheard other parents complain. The school seems to host all demographics teaches good values and equality to everyone.

Relay Elementary School 2

Posted November 09, 2012
My dauther loves her teacher. Front office needs improvement. Leadership shows disliked of other races.

Posted February 08, 2012
My son is in 3rd at Relay elementary school. I believe everyone needs to know how wonderful this school really is. The communication between the teachers, guidance counsler, nurse, principal, and parents is fantastic. You can tell exactly how much they care about their students. We are beyond pleased with Relay!

Posted October 26, 2010
I'm a candidate parent. The school's rating is outstanding (top 10) on test score for recent years. I found from public report, (such as schooldigger.com or psk12.com) the testing scores were in the mid range before 2007. Can any Relay parent or school teacher explain to me, what makes this dramatic change? Anything fundamental? Got to be something.

Posted December 11, 2008
My daughter started at Relay Elementary in the first grade -- she is currently in fourth grade -- and had a hard transition b/c of our moving and all the upheaval that comes with moving. The teachers and guidance counselor were phenomenal in helping her through this transition. In the 3rd grade, I was concerned about her struggling with reading (she was reading on grade level, but struggling through). I raised this concern with her teacher and within 24 hours was in a meeting with the Vice Principal, homeroom and math teachers and the reading specialist. They were able to offer small interventions which have made a huge impact on her reading and started her in them right away! I cannot say enough wonderful things about how caring and supportive the faculty and staff are at Relay Elementary!!

Posted August 21, 2008
My daughter has only been at Relay for two years, but she has grown and flourished during her time there. The principals are kind, warm, and involved. Same goes for the teachers she has had so far. The nurse is very kind and helpful. The school events (music, STEM fair, etc) are well-organized. Gr Great job, Rea

Relay Elementary School
5885 Selford Rd, Baltimore, MD  21227
Last modified Relay Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Relay Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top