Baltimore, MD

Old Court Middle School 1

Posted July 25, 2014
I hate it, i love seeing my friends it is just that the teachers when it come down to fighting they think they doing something but they really not, some kids got jump and that is not fair! They marketing a ghost list like that is not cool and they really need to change it or just take the school. NOT.A SAFE SCHOOL!

Old Court Middle School 5

Posted July 19, 2013
Old court middle school is a great school and I am proud to go there as an eighth-grader this year. Our marching band is the only middle school Marching band in the county. We have a great music program We have jazz band , concert band , marching band , and a wind ensemble. Don't listen to what people say we are a great school I am a proud student thank you. See you all this year . #8thgrade #lastyear #turnupp

Old Court Middle School 4

Posted April 18, 2011
I AM A PARENT AT OLD COURT I HAVE BEEN THERE FOR THREE YEARS, IN THAT TIME THINGS HAVE IMPROVED GREATLY. IT IS A HANDFUL OF OLD BAD EGGS THAT THEY NEED TO REPLACE. BUT THE ADMINISTRATION THIS YEAR IS THE BEST! THEY DO MULTIPLE THINGS TO KEEP PARENTS IN THE LOOP, ON-LINE GRADES, MASS PHONE MESSAGES, NEWSLETTERS. YOU HAVE TOO MANY ABSENT PARENTS FROM THE SCHOOL. THE SCHOOL LACKS IN PARENT PARTICIPATION AND PARENT RELATIONSHIPS. KIDS ARE LESS LIKELY TO ACT OUT WHEN YOU HAVE PARENTS OR A FRIEND OF A PARENT, PRESENT IN THE SCHOOL. WHEN YOU RATE A SCHOOL YOU HAVE TO FIRST LOOK AT THE PARENTS...ARE THEY CONCERNED ABOUT EDUCATION OR HAVING CHILDCARE FOR THOSE 7 HOURS. IT IS HARD TO GET THE PARENTS TO SIGN-UP FOR P.T.A., SCHOOL EVENTS, COME TO MEETINGS OR PARENT CONFERENCES. IF WE AS PARENTS ARE MORE INVOLVED WE CAN HELP BUILD A STRONGER SCHOOL BUT INSTEAD PEOPLE POINT FINGERS AND BLAME THE SCHOOL. FOR THE FIRST YEAR I CAN STAND UP PROUD AND SAY NO IT'S NOT THE SCHOOL, IT IS UNINVOLVED PARENT. KUDOS TO THE PARENTS AND STAFF THAT REALLY CARE AT OLD COURT. DRIVE DOWN THERE ONE EVENING AND YOU WILL SEE STAFF STILL THERE, THAT SAY'S A LOT ABOUT HOW COMMITTED THEY ARE TO MAKING A CHANGE!

Old Court Middle School 4

Posted December 11, 2010
I substitute at OCMS and would love to become a teacher there. Yes, it's a tough school, however, the staff is very friendly and helpful. They care about the students and don't take any "foolishness". I find the students to be very respectful. I think the administration and teachers are really working to improve the school. Whenever I am called to substitute, I am very happy to accept.

Posted October 12, 2010
It is a good school. The curriculum seems good. They need more of a one on one with children with ADHD or other learning disablilties.

Posted February 17, 2010
I think this is probably one of the worst schools in Baltimore County!!! The schoold administration is pretty good. However, the have a horrible team of teachers representing their schools and teaching our kids. You have a few that are old school and really care about the kids. However, I have found that many are their just for the pay check and JUST DON'T CARE!!! or you have the ones that your kids may recieve a good grade but are the really learning?? The Students are horrible and their is so much gang related activity it is sad. I think they need to do a better job o hiring well trained teachers because they have some sorry teachers and then the sad things is that may be the only teacher teaching a particular subject in your child's grade level. This becomes frustrating !!!

Posted September 18, 2009
this school is the best wether people like it or not it's like any other middle school in blatimore county the kids are great and teacher are cool if u dont cause trouble nothing will happen.

Posted May 22, 2009
I really dont like attending this school. The kids are mean, the school work is horable, and those teachers sometimes dont do their jobs right. I just wish i would have gotten into Sudbrook

Posted April 03, 2009
This school go hard. The teachers and pricipals are so cool. You should bring your child here! The students get thier work done and no interuptions ever! We have the best trips and activities in the county. So you know what to do!!!

Posted October 08, 2008
I dont know where to start. Unfortunately my experience with OCMS have not been positive; however, I do believe the Administrators and Teachers are doing a great job! I absolutely appreciate and enjoy the enthusiasm the teachers have and their teaching styles. It's really refreshing. Now my problem. The students; hence the parents. Please dont complain about school if you are not tending to your children! I have hear language come out of the students mouths that I wouldn't dare to say even as an adult. Just the other day, my son who just entered the 6th came home and told me he was asked by another student if he was in a gang. Needless to say he never wants to wear red to school again.

4627 Old Court Rd, Baltimore, MD  21208
Last modified Old Court Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Old Court Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top