Bethesda, MD

Posted June 17, 2015
Great school but beware, classes are huge. I didn't take off any stars because it is the County's fault and the school really does its best to deal with the numbers. The fact that they can have 27 kids in a kindergarten class with very little para-support is outrageous. If you look at the actual class sizes, they range from 27 to 25 for all grades. They don't have a full time skilled nurse there so don't expect any competent medical care for any emergencies.

Posted September 14, 2013
I went to Carderock Springs and loved it! I was very prepared for Pyle Middle School when I left and had a blast! I was given a well-rounded, rigorous, and engaging education. I graduated from Walt Whitman High School, and went onto received an undergraduate and graduate degrees from Goucher College and Johns Hopkins, respectively. I am now an elementary school teacher and attribute my love of learning from my experiences at Carderock Springs.

Carderock Springs Elementary School 3

Posted December 04, 2012
The percentage of Asians is nowhere near 14%. We are an Asian family, there isn't even 1% Asian - each class has an average of 2 Asians out of 27 students. The class size is not 19 anymore. You know how people treat you when you are in the 1% - not a good environment for minorities.

Posted February 04, 2008
This is a great small school. To prove it is small my son had 19 kids in his class!

Carderock Springs Elementary School
7401 Persimmon Tree Ln, Bethesda, MD  20817
Last modified Carderock Springs Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Carderock Springs Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top