Bowie, MD
Before care: Yes

Rockledge Elementary School 5

Posted August 29, 2014
This school is great! My little one loves his teacher. The school administration and the teachers provide a warming and welcoming environment to teach the children. The facilities are always clean and the overall school facilities are in great shape. The PTA is very organized and the community participates activelly!! We plan to spend the next four years in the school.

Rockledge Elementary School 3

Posted August 07, 2014
Ms. Seidel who is the principal does not work with parents. I have had an issue for the last couple of years and I did not get a resolution. I had to get the school board involved to get action taken. When you talk to her she seems like she cares, but when you try to follow up she puts up a bunch of barriers that don't make things happen. Also combing grade levels isn't working at the school.

Posted February 19, 2014
Rockledge used to be a good school. A couple of years ago I could have given it a 4. There were some changes that were made without putting kids first. The principal comes off as really nice but doesn't address parents concerns. I'm really disappointed in the direction this school is going.

Posted December 08, 2013
The 2013-2014 has been rough on my child. The principle is horrible, there are no other words to describe her. She comes off as very nice and caring but when an issue needs to be addressed she completely changes her tone. She talks down to parents and is not receptive at all. I am not the only parent that has had the same issue with her. Some of the teachers are ok but others not so much, My child's 3rd teacher leaves a lot to be desired. My child is extremely bright but the way they have set up his classroom with both 3rd and 2nd graders is not working. A lot of children are struggling, not just mine! I have so many complaints about this school. I would not recommend it to any parent at all. IF you are considering enrolling your child into this school, I would suggest to explore other options. My child will NOT attend this school after this year, even if I have to homeschool.

Posted July 19, 2012
The 2011-2012 school year at Rockledge Elementary was challenging. The new Principal is a better fit for High School. The new Principal does not have a great connections with parents and make decisions without considering the impact on the school community. The tone "loud" of the Principal is also not conducive to an elementary school environment. The multiple changes in staff over the last year has been terrible. Rockledge was previously a great school with a warm environment and deserving of 4 stars despite being overly crowded. I am not sure the school can get back to the strong sense of children first, team and strong community with the new Principal.

Rockledge Elementary School 2

Posted January 12, 2012
2011-2012 has been a rough year for Rockledge. Unfortunately I have to give a rating of only two stars, where last year it would have been a 4 or a 5. Many changes happened during the 2011-2012 school year including a new Principal, Vice Principal as well as some other key employees. The Vice Principal has changed a couple of times in this year alone. The transition has been rough, and many parents are very unhappy. The school is also overly crowded and uses temporary classrooms (trailers). There is talk of redistricting so that may be solved as some students are moved to Yorktown. The Principal is very nice, however after several complaints to her nothing has been done to fix the situation. There is one teacher in particular many parents have complained about and nothing has been done as of January, half way through the year. Let's hope Rockledge can turn it around, but as of now I couldn't recommend it.

Rockledge Elementary School 4

Posted July 06, 2011
Our 3 years at Rockledge have been wonderful. My daughter is reading above grade level, has a very strong interest in science and math, and loves the culture of the school. The teachers are attentive, supportive, and yet provide a challenging curriculum. She has homework every night and participated in several academic themed, extra-curricular events this year (e.g. "write a book campaign.") I was a bit concerned about the county public school system but Rockledge has certainly changed my opinions. Point of caution: for the 2011-2012 school year, there will be several changes and I am concerned about how those changes may affect the school's success rate. The principal, assistant principal, and guidance counselor are retiring. Let's hope Rockledge can maintain the great track record.

Rockledge Elementary School 5

Posted January 27, 2009
This School Rockledge Elementary is excellent the principal and All staff. This is school have a great team...

Rockledge Elementary School 0

Posted January 17, 2009
My daughter has attending this school for 4 years and the experience has been great. Of course there has been a teacher that I am less than pleased with. However, the principal is open and willing to mitigate solutions that are best for the child. Some of the teachers have attendance problems, but I believe the principle is on top of that. This year my daughter loves her teacher and speaks extremely high of her daily, Mrs. Coats.

Rockledge Elementary School 0

Posted January 06, 2009
We transferred our daughter (3rd grade) from private school to Rockledge this school year and have been thoroughly impressed with their method of teaching, as well as, the structure to which they are teaching the children. We were very concerned initially, with how our daughter would adjust, because there was was such a resistence about the change, but she did very well. She even surprised herself with how well she liked the school. We are very pleased with our decision to make the transition. The study methods, the teaching styles, the daily activities, the parent involvement, as well as, the support of the teachers and the principles, all have proven it was well worth the move.

Rockledge Elementary School
7701 Laurel Bowie Rd, Bowie, MD  20715
Last modified Rockledge Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Rockledge Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top