St Philip The Apostle School 4

Posted September 25, 2014
St. Philip the Apostle is a very good school. It is academically challenging, the leadership is competent, and the teachers are well qualified. My two children have been there for 4 years and we are satisfied.

St Philip The Apostle School 4

Posted February 06, 2014
I am very pleased with St. Philips. The principle and entire staff is very involved and vested in the success of the students. Because this is a Catholic school, religion and moral character is a big part of their curriculum, and i am pleased with my child's progress. My child is currently enrolled in PK3 and is registered for PK4 for next year. Her class currently is staffed by a teacher and a paraprofessional. Her current teacher is in her fist year in the Archdiocese and the paraprofessional has been there for a number of years. Taking that into account, I think this year for the teacher was a learning experience as much as it has been for our children. Initially, it was a bit bumpy, but a conversation with the principle and a successful parent teacher conference, has shown much improvement. MY child is meeting the benchmarks for her learning and as a result I am pleased with the school as a whole.

Posted February 06, 2014
My son has attended St. Philip since PK4 and is now in the 1st grade. The day I went to deliver my check, I questioned whether we were putting him in the right school. I wanted to be certain the school would meet our needs from an education perspective and ensure the right balance of nurturing and discipline. I started asking questions and the principal came right over, sat down with me and patiently listened then answered everything despite the fact that I didn't have an appt. I knew right then this was the best place for him and still feel that way. The staff members are all professional and kind, the students are well mannered and respectful and the parent community is very tight. We have a great sports program where kids not only learn to win, they have fun.

Posted January 19, 2014
This school is a very peaceful structured environment for children. The principal is a great advocate for her students, parents, and the school. My children are in PreK3 and PreK4 and I have a wonderful relationship with their teachers. This school is very family oriented. My children will be at this school for a while because it is very hard to find a great school.

Posted October 02, 2012
My granddaughter who attended St Philip from 1st grade to now 2nd is doing very well. I was so pleased with the structure of education as well as the entering and dismissal of classes. I am so pleased with the amount of knowledge my granddaughter has received. Her teachers have been excellent along with the principal Ms. Cullinan. My grandson who attended K3 is a very busy little character. I give a lot of credit to his K3 teacher and aid as they worked wonders for my grandson and he did actually love it. Right now due to the large amount of enrollment for k4 he was not able to attend but he says everyday I want to go to my old school St. Philip. The teachers and administrators do know your kids and I can appreciate that as a grandmother. My daughter takes a lot of time with both kids work and volunteering at the school. I give a A++ to the K3 teacher and aid for patience is what it takes and determination and love for children. I also give a A++ to the 1st & 2nd grade teacher for enriching and educating my granddaughter. I do not want to forget the administrative staff they also get a A++ my how helpful they have been. Good job St Philip grandson attended St Philip

Posted March 08, 2012
correction: read some of the post here that are in the negative and it blows my mind. My son and daughter have attended this school from the beginning. The Principal is outstanding, the office staff are great and very knowledgeable. They know every student, every family member, it is very calming to know no stranger can get my children out of the school not even a relative without written permission and proper identification. My son test in the upper 90th percentile on almost everything for the standardized testing. My daughter is doing outstanding work as well but still young and reading and writing in the Kindergarten and working on the computer. The cost, first people should consider it is a PRIVATE SCHOOL. The reason you pay for books, supplies, etc is because the school is NOT publicly funded. It s funded by families, the Archdiocese and the church members to operate. IF you are building a case because of the money to put this school in the negative, it is not fair to those would be interested. I have met alumni from this school who are doctors, lawyers, teachers, budget analyst, etc., St. Philip is an EXCELLENT SCHOOL and let's face it, private school education is NOT FREE!

Posted May 19, 2011
My son has attended St. Philip the Apostle School since Pre-K and he is now in the 6th grade. We both love the school. The school has a friendly and safe environment. The principal and teachers are very strong educators and make themselves easily accessible to the parents. A very important part of St. Philip the Apostle School is the parental involvement. Parents are strongly encouraged to get involved in the school, which helps establish a partnership with the parents, principal and faculty. St. Philip the Apostle School provides strong education, discipline and family involvement and is an excellent school for my child.

Posted March 06, 2011
When I visited the school the first thing that caught my attention was the level of involvement from the Principal. Her standards for appearance, behavior and academics mirrored my own. I RAN home and told my husband that I found the Elem. school for our children. We are blessed that we found another VILLAGE away from home to help raise and educate our Children. When we are in public and the children are in uniform, we are always asked, "What school do your children attend?" The Principal and Teaching Staff at St. Philip the Apostle are providing my children with the fundamental building blocks to success. It is so encouraging to speak to past parents and hear their praises of St. Philip when their child has just graduated from, Bishop McNamara, DeMatha, Gonzaga and Holy Cross to name a few. A past St. Philip alumnus just received a 2011 Wu Fellowship to Princeton Univ. in pursuit of their Ph.D. The work may be demanding at times, but I know my children will be prepared to enter the competitive world when they leave St. Philip the Apostle. My INVESTMENT since 2005 is returning priceless dividends!

Posted February 09, 2011
I have worked at this school for several years. I believe the priniPAL is great, she knows the students all by name and gives praise where praise is due. She runs a tight school with strong and set rules based in catholic values. She makes sure each teacher responds to parents requests for information with in 24hrs. Homework is posted daily on a public website linked to our website. Students are issued an agenda book to write their assignments down and expected to remember and to be organized to bring needed material home to do the assignment. The PrinciPAL encourages each teacher to continue their education by offering professional development oportunities. I plan on staying at this school for the foreseeable future.

St Philip The Apostle School 2

Posted November 01, 2010
From the first week of school we have had some type of incident with the principal. My husband is military and I am former military and she spoke to us in a way that neither one of us dared speak again during the conversation. She has singled our child out on several occasions and not to praise her. Our daughter is usually very well liked by her teachers. We have had problems getting homework brought home and when we finally addressed the issue with her teacher we were ignored. The school is constantly sending home fund raisers and everything costs money. We recently had to pay for an assembly. When we began to question what would happen if we refused the note sent home said "mandatory" at the top. I have not been impressed with this school and we feel that we are constantly sending in money for this or that.

St Philip The Apostle School
5414 Henderson Way, Camp Springs, MD  20746
Last modified St Philip The Apostle School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St Philip The Apostle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top