Capitol Heights, MD

Posted February 26, 2014
This school is one of the best if not the best in the county the test scores are high and the the teachers are there to help your kids and not just get a paycheck plus it has a outstanding technology program and lots of different clubs I highly recommend this school for any parent who cares about their child's education

Posted November 30, 2009
My child attends Fairmont, I think they do what they are able to at the school. I would like to see more information coming home on my child besides the report card let me know when she is not being up to her potential I want my child to be challenged so that she will be ready for school. I want her to feel that her High school was the best choice. Please try to keep the parents updated.

Posted November 19, 2009
I very disappointed in this school. My child has not been turning in homework and class work and I don't receive a letter or a phone call.. How is this possible?? I had to track down the 'VP' to get the teachers to respond to my emails. This is unbelievable!!

Fairmont Heights High School 4

Posted September 21, 2009
Okay. So there's a new principal at Fairmont. I don't know what her deal is, but I really hope things change for the better at the school. At the look of things, it's going to take a while before everyone finds there place at the school (even the new administration). Stay in your place and don't do stuff that's unnecessary, is all I'm saying.

Posted December 04, 2008
I'm am a current sophomore at Fairmont Heights (the year 2008-2009). I can tell you without a doubt that Fairmont Heights has toughened since my freshman year. They are doing a pretty substantial job. Although we have way too many freshmen and less teachers. Fairmont is raising its standards quite a bit. We also have overcrowded class. When the new school building is built in 2010 I think things will pretty much change. I am not completely satisfied with the school, but I believe their are many oppurtunities in stall for me if I attend here. Two more years to go I think i can make it....

Fairmont Heights High School 3

Posted October 10, 2008
I am a student attending and in the 2008-2009 school year we have less teachers and more overcrowded classes

Fairmont Heights High School 4

Posted July 23, 2008
I am a parent and the school is changing for the better. the principal has made safety a top priority, has implemented AP classes and works with her faculty to deliver the best education for the students. Poor behavior is not tolerated. The mock trial team was invited and attended Harvard University for seminar.

Posted July 15, 2008
As a former student I can tell you that this school is ghetto. It does not prepare you for college at all. Ifat all possible don't go to fairmont heights give your self a chance.

Posted May 06, 2008
I am a current student at Fairmont Heights, and it is a wonderful place to learn and grow as an individual. The administration is strong, AND fair. Despite the stereotypical classification of Fairmont as a 'bad schoo,l' it is, in fact, quite the opposite. All a student needs is ambition and and the will to work hard. The teachers are more than willing to help that that student to succeed and will go out of their way to do so. I love Fairmont Heights and i am very excited for the new facility the future pupils will attend.

Posted April 24, 2008
I am a parent of two former Fairmont Heights students. Both my daughters where involved with the band, choir, PTSA, Umoja, golf and various other organizations. When there was a problem the Administrators and Teachers where right there beside the parents addressing whatever. Now of course there where a few teachers that needed to be reported. It was done, they where dealt with. There where also loads of parents that would not get involved with anything, but would be the first to complain. I am proud to say both my daughters have attended and graduated from HBCU's and are doing wonderful. I will always be a proud Fairmont Heights Parent. If I am ever in the area and they need assistance, even though my children are adults. I will be right there. Loads of graduates go straight to major Colleges and Universities.

1401 Nye St, Capitol Heights, MD  20743
Last modified Fairmont Heights High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Fairmont Heights High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top