Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted April 12, 2016
There is not accountability from the administrators and most of the teachers. Keep your children away if you can!

Fairmont Heights High School 1

Posted April 12, 2016
This school is horrible! The majority of the administrators and teachers are lazy and always blaming the "system" or covering their butts for not helping your child be successful! I had to pull my child out of Fairmont after finding out that she was not physically going to class because she was being bullied and has social anxiety issues. In one instance, the county police officer assigned to the school made her go into the school cafeteria instead of her counselor's office to avoid being bullied! Thank God one of the counselors called me to let me know about her hiding instead of going to classes. AVOID FAIRMONT HEIGHTS LIKE THE PLAGUE! If I had not put her in another school where her condition was properly identified, I don't know where my child would be! Unfortunately this is my neighborhood school.

Fairmont Heights High School 5

Posted February 26, 2014
This school is one of the best if not the best in the county the test scores are high and the the teachers are there to help your kids and not just get a paycheck plus it has a outstanding technology program and lots of different clubs I highly recommend this school for any parent who cares about their child's education

Posted November 30, 2009
My child attends Fairmont, I think they do what they are able to at the school. I would like to see more information coming home on my child besides the report card let me know when she is not being up to her potential I want my child to be challenged so that she will be ready for school. I want her to feel that her High school was the best choice. Please try to keep the parents updated.

Posted November 19, 2009
I very disappointed in this school. My child has not been turning in homework and class work and I don't receive a letter or a phone call.. How is this possible?? I had to track down the 'VP' to get the teachers to respond to my emails. This is unbelievable!!

Fairmont Heights High School 4

Posted September 21, 2009
Okay. So there's a new principal at Fairmont. I don't know what her deal is, but I really hope things change for the better at the school. At the look of things, it's going to take a while before everyone finds there place at the school (even the new administration). Stay in your place and don't do stuff that's unnecessary, is all I'm saying.

Posted December 04, 2008
I'm am a current sophomore at Fairmont Heights (the year 2008-2009). I can tell you without a doubt that Fairmont Heights has toughened since my freshman year. They are doing a pretty substantial job. Although we have way too many freshmen and less teachers. Fairmont is raising its standards quite a bit. We also have overcrowded class. When the new school building is built in 2010 I think things will pretty much change. I am not completely satisfied with the school, but I believe their are many oppurtunities in stall for me if I attend here. Two more years to go I think i can make it....

Fairmont Heights High School 3

Posted October 10, 2008
I am a student attending and in the 2008-2009 school year we have less teachers and more overcrowded classes

Fairmont Heights High School 4

Posted July 23, 2008
I am a parent and the school is changing for the better. the principal has made safety a top priority, has implemented AP classes and works with her faculty to deliver the best education for the students. Poor behavior is not tolerated. The mock trial team was invited and attended Harvard University for seminar.

Posted July 15, 2008
As a former student I can tell you that this school is ghetto. It does not prepare you for college at all. Ifat all possible don't go to fairmont heights give your self a chance.

1401 Nye St, Capitol Heights, MD  20743
Last modified Fairmont Heights High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.