Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

They are unfair at this school instead of bettering your child they bender them I hate the school the teachers well some of them tell students I'm gonna fail you anyway never send your kid here if you want them to learn anything where are the text books smh it's awful principal never there Mr. Brown never seems to Jo anything it's awful send your kid somewhere else

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

They Can Do Better, tougher courses and spend more time with students, if the County can reduce the classroom size, this can be achieved.

Fairmont Parents must become Active at the School and in the Alumni Association and PTSA. This school has a rich history in attracting successful Adults, who were once students at Fairmont including US Army Judge Zachery Kinney, Under Secretary of HUD Norris Sydnor , TV Personality Martin Lawrence, Motown Great Marvin Gaye, Family of Detroit Mayor Dave Bing, and many other from Principals to Teachers to Doctors to Politians including The First 18 year old Elected Official in US History Arthur H Jackson Jr, Councilman Town of Fairmount Heights went on to become a Montgomery County Commissioner for Cable TV. And Actor and Film Producer, If you are disappointed in how the teacher at Fairmont is teaching your child, spend time at the school, if your child is being bullied find out the source of the bullying and schedule a mediation session. Changing schools and running is not the answer. Make Fairmont the kind of school, you and your child could be proud of you. All of my Family attended and graduated from Fairmont and all are doing well.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

There is not accountability from the administrators and most of the teachers. Keep your children away if you can!

This school is horrible! The majority of the administrators and teachers are lazy and always blaming the "system" or covering their butts for not helping your child be successful! I had to pull my child out of Fairmont after finding out that she was not physically going to class because she was being bullied and has social anxiety issues. In one instance, the county police officer assigned to the school made her go into the school cafeteria instead of her counselor's office to avoid being bullied! Thank God one of the counselors called me to let me know about her hiding instead of going to classes. AVOID FAIRMONT HEIGHTS LIKE THE PLAGUE! If I had not put her in another school where her condition was properly identified, I don't know where my child would be! Unfortunately this is my neighborhood school.

This school is one of the best if not the best in the county the test scores are high and the the teachers are there to help your kids and not just get a paycheck plus it has a outstanding technology program and lots of different clubs I highly recommend this school for any parent who cares about their child's education

My child attends Fairmont, I think they do what they are able to at the school. I would like to see more information coming home on my child besides the report card let me know when she is not being up to her potential I want my child to be challenged so that she will be ready for school. I want her to feel that her High school was the best choice. Please try to keep the parents updated.

I very disappointed in this school. My child has not been turning in homework and class work and I don't receive a letter or a phone call.. How is this possible?? I had to track down the 'VP' to get the teachers to respond to my emails. This is unbelievable!!

Okay. So there's a new principal at Fairmont. I don't know what her deal is, but I really hope things change for the better at the school. At the look of things, it's going to take a while before everyone finds there place at the school (even the new administration). Stay in your place and don't do stuff that's unnecessary, is all I'm saying.

I'm am a current sophomore at Fairmont Heights (the year 2008-2009). I can tell you without a doubt that Fairmont Heights has toughened since my freshman year. They are doing a pretty substantial job. Although we have way too many freshmen and less teachers. Fairmont is raising its standards quite a bit. We also have overcrowded class. When the new school building is built in 2010 I think things will pretty much change. I am not completely satisfied with the school, but I believe their are many oppurtunities in stall for me if I attend here. Two more years to go I think i can make it....

Last modified Fairmont Heights High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.