Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (1 response)

Padonia International Elementary School
Grateful to: Staff member

Posted May 04, 2016
This is my third year at Padonia with my son. We've had excellent teachers (Zajac, Dembeck, Coonan) each year. The administrators and other staff are great too.

Posted October 14, 2015
Is is a great community of diversity. The teachers and staff are amazing in that they are caring and get really teach the kids. It is also a BCPS Passport school which means that the kids begin learning Spanish in 4rth and 5th grade. The tablet PC devices are now implemented there as well.

Padonia International Elementary School 1

Posted May 13, 2013
My son has been attending since 2011 and I have not seen a reason to praise this school. They do not stay on top of my son's academic, but rather spend more time on his behavior. The teachers are always out, how does one expect the kids to learn with substitutes daily.

Padonia International Elementary School 4

Posted March 29, 2013
We moved here from the Midwest midway through the fall semester and found the staff and teachers to be very welcoming. There was a bit of a learning curve as far as getting up to speed on school processes and culture, but we never felt lost or like we were being a nuisance when we asked for guidance. By far, the best experience has been with my child's teacher: very experienced, extremely caring, yet consistently firm. He's gaining independence, learning, growing, maturing, all the things you want to see happen in the early years of school. We also love, love, love the diverse cultures our child is being exposed to. He's making new friends from all over the world, which is so important now days.

Padonia International Elementary School 3

Posted August 13, 2012
We moved here from CT and really knew nothing about the schools here. It would have been nice to have something set up to greet new people moving here so this first year, was more of a struggle with trying to figure out what to do and how to do it. The Teachers are nice and up to par when it comes to the use of technology to keep in contact with them. I didn't understand why International is in the name but later found out this used to be a magnet school. I guess with the high turnover of students, they couldn't maintain that. I wish they taught languages at this school. Learning a language at an early age makes it easier as the kids get older. It would also be nice to have 6th grade as elementary-just seems a bit young to be middle school and forced into the population of older kids.

Posted April 30, 2012
My daughter is finishing first grade. So far she has had a great learning experience at Padonia. She has had great teachers and the administrators are very welcoming and great at keeping the discipline and respect among the children. My only concern is the bad MSA scores from the fifh graders, specially in science. I would appreciate some feedback from other parents. Why there is no improvement on their scores? Padonia has the lowest score among its neighboring schools.

Padonia International Elementary School 2

Posted August 04, 2010
I went to padonia for half of 5th grade and i can tell you that if you are transforing from a different state to padonia for fifth grade things will be completely different...lets just say if you sharpen your pencil while your teacher isnt at his/her seat and the teacher sees you he/she will harras you if you have the chance to go to a different school take it padonia is not a good place for fifth grade. And also the staff is mean and horrible if you get mr felter i feel sorry for you the only person that is nice there is the principal ms wolf.

Posted May 19, 2009
Padonia International School is the factor that has hooked me to cockeysville area. The teachers are very much involved with the development of students. The diversity adds value on top of quality education students get in school. I am contended with the school.

Posted April 29, 2009
Padonia International is a great school. I like the diversity of the students and the emphasis put on hard work and commitment. No school is perfect, but we have been very happy with our girl in this school.

Posted November 21, 2008
After attending a private school, I decided for my son to sswitch to Padonia. They have offered wonderful academics, services and reliablity to the table. I was afraid at first because my son had never attended a public school. But in a short amount of time I was able to feel at ease and welcomed with open arms. My son loves it there, and has made a diverse group of friends. I feel in this environment my son will be able to grow and develop until it's time to move on. Thank you Padonia!

Padonia International Elementary School
9834 Greenside Dr, Cockeysville, MD  21030
Last modified Padonia International Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.