School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Welcome to Stevens Forest Elementary School! I am delighted to be the principal at one of Howard County’s most beloved schools, and it is my distinct privilege to partner with you in the education of your child. I am grateful to be surrounded by such motivated, intelligent, and caring staff members who work very hard to meet and exceed student needs. In my 21 years of experience with the Howard County Public School System, I have served as an elementary and middle school teacher and school-based administrator. In addition, I was the Manager of Teacher Recruiting and Hiring and Director of Staff Relations prior to my appointment as principal. I firmly believe that family involvement in a child's education is of vital importance especially when one considers that parents and families serve as the child's first and most important teacher. Meaningful and engaging family-school partnerships have a profound impact on a child's physical, emotional, intellectual, and social development. I invite you to become an active member of our learning community. Again, I am thrilled to serve as the principal of this wonderful school. Ernesto Diaz, Principal
June 30, 2015

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Message to families
SCHOOL LEADER
Posted June 30, 2015

SFES is a wonderful school whose strengths and atmospheres are not reflected in these "numbers". This is a true community school, where families are made to feel welcome and children are known by name by all the staff. Learners can shine here regardless of grade level or background and I'm proud to send my children to SFES. The leadership is wonderful, the teachers are amazing, and the environment is great for nurturing young minds and spirits. SFES deserves to be recognized for what it is, which is so much more than most other schools.

SFES is an exceptionally diverse school with a faculty that cares deeply about every student. It offers programs and special classes to engage and encourage the full spectrum of students. There is also a strong sense of community at SFES as almost all of its students live within one mile of the school, and the community provides great support to SFES.

My son is finishing up his second year and we absolutely love SFES! The staff really and truly cares for the children here. There is always something fun going on and learning and achievement are often celebrated here. We are possibly moving this year and will be so sad if we're not in the same district. Love our Bobcats!

My son has been going to Stevens Forest for two years now and we have enjoyed everything it has to offer. Great staff and administration , within walking distance of our home and the parent involvement is wonderful. We love it here... Go Bobcats!!

As a veteran teacher recently transferred to SFES, I am totally amazed at the outstanding atmosphere here! Students are engaged in learning, Teachers are motivating and relevant, and the Administration does an awesome job involving the community. Stevens Forest is the BEST!

Stevens Forest is a hidden gem of a school -- the smallest elementary school in Howard County with good parent involvement, incredible teachers and administrators, and a truly diverse student body. Our standardized test scores this year did not 'make the grade', but what that report does not show is that the students that did not pass were in our Special Education Program. All of our other grades are on target.

This school provides excellent Principal and Teacher leadership. Anne Harris (Coral Springs Fl.)

this school is amazing lets of extra activites and great teachers!

I am very pleased with the entire school, from what I have seen so far, this is my child first year, and everytime i am in the school I feel very welcomed and i know that when i volunteered that it matters I feel like this school does everything in its power to keep our children safe, make every child feel important based on their individual needs, and also provides every family the opportunity to get involved. I feel the academic are above standard, the only thing I wish they offered are the extra curricular activities, at this time I would definitely rate the school's overall quality as a five out of 5. Thank you to the entire school, at SFES.

Last modified Stevens Forest Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.