Crofton, MD

Posted May 23, 2014
Excellent school, excellent staff. I couldn't be happier with the education all 4 of my children have received at Crofton Meadows Elementary.

Posted May 10, 2013
Crofton Meadows is truly an outstanding school. As we were looking for homes, we really looked into all the elementary schools in the area. Aside from being a National Blue Ribbon school, the teachers are extremely committed to the students. The community of parents are very dedicated as well. They have so many programs and offerings from movie night to the winter festival. Also, my kids have been able to participate in a bunch of clubs (science, drama, golf, etc). Such a fantastic school!

Posted September 25, 2012
This school is HANDS DOWN the best school in Crofton!! Not to mention that we just received the NATIONAL Blue Ribbon!!! Which is something the other Crofton area school have yet to do.

Posted March 22, 2012
I left CMES in 2006, after attending in kindergarten and third grade there. I miss it! I feel as though CMES has been a fantastic school for me to be in. The teachers were so thoughtful, kind, and caring. I loved my strings class. Strong administration. My friends at my current school have a low opinion of public schools, but I always retort by saying, "Just look up Crofton Meadows Elementary and you will see that not all public schools are bad." I made friends there, and it was great getting back in touch with them. I was so said when my third grade teacher left :(. She was the best! Overall: I LOVE THIS SCHOOL! <3

Posted July 18, 2010
Very good school with an excellant Principal. All the teachers seem to go that extra mile to help all the students succeed. My son will be entering 3rd grade this year, his fourth year overall at CMES. I have nothing bad to say about the school, the staff and all the parental involvement!

Posted July 13, 2010
CMES has been a wonderful experience for my daughter who is now entering first grade. Mrs. Joop, a firm but fair teacher, boosts my daughter's confidence and realised her academic potential which resulted in my child working with the Talented Development teacher. I'm sure her year of learning in first grade is going to be just as great. CMES is a jewel and the best kept secret in Crofton.

Crofton Meadows Elementary School 1

Posted June 07, 2009
Not very helpful to parents with special needs. Automatcally blame the parents and do not address the learning disability Need better education on how to teach children with LDs.

Posted August 07, 2008
We have had our oldest daughter at this school for 3 years and have been very pleased with the teachers and have enjoyed meeting all of our daughter's friends. The school has finally gotten a gifted and talented teacher which was been great. The school is small and has a nice close-knit feel. There has been much transition at the leadership level and we are hoping the new principal will be as good as some of the ones in the past.

Crofton Meadows Elementary School 2

Posted July 28, 2008
This school has gone through several Principals over the last couple of years and yet again this year we are getting a new one. I think that in itself tells a lot about this school right now. A lot of the really great teachers are also leaving. This past year as a parent we felt completely in the dark about what was going on with our child. When we had a question about what was going we were made to feel like we are bad parents. This was our first year in the school, and the first school my child had been in. We didn't know that we would have to pry information out of the teachers in order to know what was going on. We were also not given a lot of infomation of how the programs at school worked.

Posted November 15, 2006
My son came in as a new student in 5th grade. He quickly became accepted and was identified as a gifted student. They challenged him at his level. I appreciate that each student is looked at individually and that they work to meet their needs. Even though he only attended one year, several staff members have approached me and asked about him. Great staff! Very caring! My daughter's experience is wonderful too. She is doing great and there're wonderful opportunities for her to explore and learn. Top notch school.

Crofton Meadows Elementary School
2020 Tilghman Dr, Crofton, MD  21114
Last modified Crofton Meadows Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Crofton Meadows Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top