Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

First, let me say Mrs. Dudeck makes this school a great place. She has been helpful to my son and I beyond compare. Mr.McDowell is also amazing. We have had set backs, concerns, and uncomfortable situations because of the dynamic of students at this school- BUT they work positively, and endlessly to support ALL students in their charge. The building itself needs work (which is currently happening). I recommend all involved parents give MacArthur a chance to surprise you. The climate at this school, and every school, is dependent on expectations, interactions, and involvement of teachers, administration, students, parents, and support staff. I see potential in MacArthur.

Amount of homework: Neutral

Some teachers are better than others regarding homework.

I waited till now to give a review. I absolutely love this school. My daughter's teachers are very hands on. Even giving their cell phone numbers to have direct connect. I heard fights and horrible things. Thinking I will have to move her but this year just reassures me that my son will do great next year too. My daughter's grades have stayed the same, still honor roll. I can't give enough credit to these teachers. It takes a village to raise a child. They have the kids for 8 hours a day and do a great job helping guild my child to her goal. I can honestly say our village is doing a great job.

Just an amazing school! The Faculty and Staff are Great! Makes for an awesome place for kids to go to. My son loves McArthur!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers are some of the most dedicated I have EVER seen. They are 100% committed to helping students succeed.

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

I have seen the presence of the Principal and many teachers at this school than most other schools. The leadership is heavily involved and are very accessible at McArthur Middle School. We love this school and my son does too.

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

The Administrators are great and really care about the kids!!

I think communication between parents and staff/teachers could be better when sending out information about events and happenings at the school. Anytime I've needed anything from the school, though, they were always very quick to accommodate me. My son enjoys the classes in the 6th grade.

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly agree

My son has been a victim of bullying in the past in Arizona and we honestly thought this was going to be an issue when we arrived here. He has not had any issues and really likes this school. He has not experienced any bullying or seen it. He really likes the school and has been an "A" student.

MacArthur often gets a bad rap based on years ago! The truth is MacArthur is great! The teachers are helping the students do awesome things.

Last modified Macarthur Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.