Fort Meade, MD

Posted April 17, 2013
My son has been at Manor View for 3 years and has loved it. We were here with both principals and Mrs. O'Shea is absolutely amazing. The entire atmosphere at the school changed when she arrived. She is very approachable and you can be sure that when you go to her with a grievance that it will be addressed. The guidance counselor, Ms. Wallace, is also incredible. Each teacher that my son has had is above bar. They do a wonderful job of instilling a love of learning, not just teaching for a test. They are also very easy to get in contact with. We are sorry to be leaving here.

Posted April 17, 2012
My daughter went to Manor View for 2 years and we absolutely loved it. The principal was everything the other posters have mentioned and it was definitely a great day for Manor View when she was removed. I loved how involved the teachers were with my daughter. Despite moving half the world away we miss Manor View. The teachers at this school (especially the art teacher) are the only reason I'd even consider moving back to Fort Meade.

Posted April 13, 2012
This is our first year at this school and I have 2 kids here. The new principle is great and we have wonderful teachers for both kids. They have been involved in science, music, and art programs. It is really unfortunate that the rating is so low for this school because of the past principle. This school will start the new IB program next year and already has STEM. People really should not rate a school based on the office staff. That has nothing to do with the learning environment.

Manor View Elementary School 3

Posted June 16, 2011
It is a great day for Manor View teachers and families. The principle has finally been removed from the school. Too bad so many teachers had to give up their jobs for this to happen. Next year should be a much better school year with teachers not being bullied by administration.

Manor View Elementary School 1

Posted May 07, 2011
Having had children at this school for 6 years I can completely agree with the newest comments. The principal is rude and like to bully not only the teachers but the parents and students as well. The custodian (daytime) in my opinion has TOO much interaction with the children, does not clean the school as his job description says and is buddy buddy with the principal. I don't know how a principal like this has not been replaced, by now. Having concerns when there that the principal wasn't in agreement with me, I was banned from the school and school property and told I would be arrested if I crossed the boundaries! All this for what I believed was inappropriate behavior of a staff member with the students. I will say my children had the greatest teachers there, but they were limited with what they could do because they had to "teach to the book" and at MSA time the stress put on teachers and children was ridiculous, all to make the principal look "good". Fort Meade does NOT need this principal. Our kids go through enough every day having one or two parents in the military. Their lives are changing day to day and school should be a place where they should feel happy about going.

Manor View Elementary School 3

Posted May 06, 2011
Monor View Elementary school is a good school they have some good teachers and they believe in working with the students, however the women in the front office are the worst, they are always mean and have attitudes. If you come up to visit your children they give you the third degree and the school is suppose to have an open door policy. Today i went to the school to get work for my child because she is sick, i was told to wait for the teacher to come to the front to see me but when the teacher came to the front she told me she was waiting on me and that she told the office to send me down, so they wasted 30 mins of my time and my childs teacher time

Manor View Elementary School 1

Posted March 19, 2011
First of all if you have the option in school do not choose this one. This is the WORST school I have ever been too. The principle likes to "bully" the teachers. The learning environment is horrible. You can tell the teachers don't want to be there because they get no help or respect from administration. The fact that they only have 15 minutes for recess is ridiculous. Children should be able to have time to relax and play. The head custodian is rude and talks to the children inappropriatly and gets away with it. These issues have been brought to the school board but nothing has been done. The principle has been there for 8 years and the quility of the school and learning has gone down. The best thing for the school would be to get an entire new administration that respects teachers, staff, parents, and students and doesn't micro manage every aspect of the day.

Manor View Elementary School 0

Posted April 29, 2010
If you receive a letter saying the cost of something is $10, and students are to pay $4 by a certain date, and there are others items listed the same way, do you: A. believe the amont due by the date is a partial payment, to avoid straining paren'ts finances because there were several things they wanted paid for all close together? B. figure that you only had to pay the amount by the due date, that whole 'item cost' thing isn't relavant. Wrong! It's B. Mentioning the item cost is completely irrelavant to the paragraphs, indeed, the whole paper, and one is to use their phychic powers to see that funding picked up the $6, as they do not mention it. This is the sort of obtuse reasoning and grammar issues you will deal with at Manor View. I recommend calling to make sure they said what they meant.

Manor View Elementary School 0

Posted April 21, 2010
PTA money is spent on skate nights, the accelerated reader program, eagle feather prizes (incentives to help with behavior), books for classrooms and the media center, the holiday party, parent involvment like mom's and muffins and dad's and donuts and next year parent presentations, ice cream socials, end of the year activity, 5th grade promotion activites, enrichment assemblies, some funding for guidance to spend for families in need, teacher appreciation, science fair boards, and prizes for various other incentives throughout the year (and more). Come to the PTA meetings to help determine what the money is spent on--your PTA membership gives you a voice and the right to vote (which is why we encourage families to join and get involved).

Posted April 14, 2010

Manor View Elementary School
2900 MacArthur Rd, Fort Meade, MD  20755
Last modified Manor View Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades 1-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Manor View Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 46 reviews. Top