Fulton, MD
Before care: Yes

Posted September 20, 2014
I'm a student at LKMS! I love the teachers there, they treat you like your there own. Also, Mrs.Brooks is awesome! So if your looking for a good middle school choose mind because, great education, awesome people, and awesome clubs and dances!

Lime Kiln Middle School 4

Posted July 15, 2014
As a parent who had two kids complete LKMS in last few years and one currently attending, I feel that academically the school is great. A variety of classes and activities are availabale to push the students and get the best out of them. However, in last few years, there has been a big increase in disciplinary problems at the schools. Fights, thefts and other issues that the school administration does not seem able or willing to address. As a matter of fact, the current administration likes to keep info about these activities in house and limit the dissemination of info concerning these issues to the parents. However, my kids and their friends are very open about what is happening and several have expressed frustration about the administrations unwillingness to address the issues and the children causing most of the problems. I guess they feel if they can get the problem children through the system, they will be someone elses problem in a few years. It is a shame because overall the school is a great school but I hope that the discipline issues are addressed before they begin to significantly impact the learning environment.

Posted March 11, 2014
This school is by far the best school I've ever been a part of. I have had the privilege in teaching in several schools across the country, and have never experienced the level of support for faculty, staff, and students that I have at Lime Kiln. Teachers genuinely care about student success, and the school administration genuinely care about the staff. I could go on and on about the quality of education offered, the number of student supports in the building, and the level of parental involvement and support, but it would take me forever. Excellent school!

Posted January 25, 2013
I love how my child is learning. Her conversation about science, math, and music has jumped leaps and abounds in just over 1.5 years here at Lime Kiln. She is enjoying learning. Also, I love that the school does not tolerate bullying. The staff is keen and very responsive to any type of bullying in school or on the bus.

Posted January 06, 2012
I'm a former student of LKMS and I love it! It is by far the best middle school in Howard County. The students are great and the teaching staff is excellent. I want my children to attend this school someday!

Lime Kiln Middle School 0

Posted August 29, 2009
The teachers and staff are above 10 stars IMO! This school is always clean and the principle and Vp are outstanding people! I drive a school bus and I some times see things that just leave me in aww of this school! I can't say enough good things for LK

Posted September 12, 2008
Very good school. Love the way the staff treat everysingle person like they are there own. Love it!

Posted December 05, 2005
Lime Kiln Middle School is a wonderful school. I have been going there for 1 and a 1/2 years and I haven't seen a better school yet! There is nothing bad happening, no smoking, no graffiti, nothing.The Teachers are great and they teach all of the students what they will need to succeed in high school and further. The parents are really included a lot, they chaperone the dances, they make this wonderful school, wonderful!...I would definately suggest your kids go to this school if you would like the top learning level ever. Therefore, that is why I think that Lime Kiln Middle school is by far, the best school in Howard County!!

Posted December 02, 2005

Lime Kiln Middle School
11650 Scaggsville Rd, Fulton, MD  20759
Last modified Lime Kiln Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lime Kiln Middle School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top