Bad
Good

I agree with previous statements that the school is incapable of addressing the bullying and violent behavior enacted by a few students. It is interfering with the majority of students' ability to learn. This is happening at all academic placement levels. The inexperienced members of the faculty do not have control of their classrooms. The administration has done nothing but sweep incidents under the rug. The administration members are afraid of the parents of the bullies because the parents themselves are bullies who threaten to sue the school. Let's hope this improves with the new principal. Foose needs to pay some attention to how the redistrictings have been (mis-) handled at this school.

People say it starts off good in the early grades. I think they are right. At grade 8 it's horrible compared to other schools. School's teachers communicate too little with parents during the year. Have never even seen most of my child's teachers as you can only see two at a time. Too many of the teachers do not seem to take their jobs seriously enough to invest much time in helping students or doing meaningful work. Many classes have so few assessments throughout the year it's ridiculous. I felt like too much time was wasted despite my child being in GT classes. I'm disappointed in the experience. The music class is subpar and did not help to improve the skills of my child. Boring music with little creativity, few performances, and NO field trips. My child was was one of the best musicians at former school. This year alone letters were sent to parents "addressing" racial incidents and in-class cheating and academic dishonesty. mobile devices allowed all throughout school and kids say they can use them in class as well. It's a disgrace what is going on in this school. Get it together!!

I'm a student at LKMS! I love the teachers there, they treat you like your there own. Also, Mrs.Brooks is awesome! So if your looking for a good middle school choose mind because, great education, awesome people, and awesome clubs and dances!

As a parent who had two kids complete LKMS in last few years and one currently attending, I feel that academically the school is great. A variety of classes and activities are availabale to push the students and get the best out of them. However, in last few years, there has been a big increase in disciplinary problems at the schools. Fights, thefts and other issues that the school administration does not seem able or willing to address. As a matter of fact, the current administration likes to keep info about these activities in house and limit the dissemination of info concerning these issues to the parents. However, my kids and their friends are very open about what is happening and several have expressed frustration about the administrations unwillingness to address the issues and the children causing most of the problems. I guess they feel if they can get the problem children through the system, they will be someone elses problem in a few years. It is a shame because overall the school is a great school but I hope that the discipline issues are addressed before they begin to significantly impact the learning environment.

This school is by far the best school I've ever been a part of. I have had the privilege in teaching in several schools across the country, and have never experienced the level of support for faculty, staff, and students that I have at Lime Kiln. Teachers genuinely care about student success, and the school administration genuinely care about the staff. I could go on and on about the quality of education offered, the number of student supports in the building, and the level of parental involvement and support, but it would take me forever. Excellent school!

I love how my child is learning. Her conversation about science, math, and music has jumped leaps and abounds in just over 1.5 years here at Lime Kiln. She is enjoying learning. Also, I love that the school does not tolerate bullying. The staff is keen and very responsive to any type of bullying in school or on the bus.

I'm a former student of LKMS and I love it! It is by far the best middle school in Howard County. The students are great and the teaching staff is excellent. I want my children to attend this school someday!

The teachers and staff are above 10 stars IMO! This school is always clean and the principle and Vp are outstanding people! I drive a school bus and I some times see things that just leave me in aww of this school! I can't say enough good things for LK

Very good school. Love the way the staff treat everysingle person like they are there own. Love it!

Last modified Lime Kiln Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.