Fulton, MD
Students enrolled: 1,528

Posted June 16, 2014
My daughter just graduated from Reservoir HS and really enjoyed her time there. The school prepared her very well to go to college and the teachers/ counselors were very supportive and available to assist any student who needed help. She took numerous AP courses and was very prepared for the AP tests. Like any HS now a days, there will be some kids who get into trouble but I feel that the current principal, is doing an outstanding job of improving the school and providing a safe and effective learning environment for the students. He makes every effort to iinform the parents of issues facing the school and enlist parental involvement when possible. Plus there are numerous extracurricular activities for the kids to be involved in including sports, numerous bands, drama groups and a wide variety of clubs. Overall it was a great time for her as a student and for us as parents.

Reservoir High School 1

Posted January 30, 2014
My kid is curently attend this school. I have heard so many kids reported their belongings got stolen in girls and boys locker rooms lately and the school has not done anything to address it. My child also has stuffs stolen twice within last 3 months. That is shame, such a beautiful school being ruined with this type of behaviors.... Sad!!!

Posted December 05, 2012
The new administration has really made Reservoir a fantastic school. Principal Saunderson makes a profound effort to attend every school activity he can while also becoming involved in every aspect of his pupils. Being a senior, I have seen the school change dramatically in the last 2 years. Reservoir's school spirit, safety, access, and teacher job satisfaction has increased exponentially. Coming from a student who has seen and heard all the talk from all the other HCPSS high schools, Reservoir is definitely a school I would send my child too. Go Gators!

Posted June 29, 2012
Reservoir High School gets two thumbs up!! Like every other parent who wants to see their child succeed academically in a supporting and thriving environment, I considered sending my son to private school for years 9-12 after hearing negative reports about the school in the past. Well, my son just completed his freshman year and I am so pleased that I stuck with my gut and sent him to Reservoir High. This school has so many outstanding qualities. It is diverse which I love as it represents the real world whereas many private schools do not. My son was in a mix of Honors, GT, and one regular class and at every level the teachers genuinely cared about his success. Also, I would like to give a high five salute to the new principal who actively engaged with the students and attended just about all the after school events. In addition to academics, the athletic and music departments kept my son well rounded and actively engaged. I've heard many parents comment over the years that all HCPS are not created equal. Well in my book Reservoir is one of the best. Go Gators!

Posted February 07, 2011
Reservoir High School is Howard County's newest HS and is located in a really nice high income part of the county - in Fulton, Maryland. The school is definitely an up and coming school. I suspect with the population growth in the neighboring upscale community of Maple Lawn, future redistricting plans to incorporate more of the immediate neighboring upscale residents will contribute to Reservoir's rise to the county's higher tiers of academic success.

Posted March 21, 2010
This school is awesome!!! The teachers teach very well! There are a lot of after school acivities and it is just plain amazing. The students are vey nice and friendly. Being a freshman was easy because the teachers were so welcoming. I love this school!!!! The building is new and it is HUGE and taken care of. It is very clean. There ar fights but every high school has fights! Still it is overall a great school.

Posted March 13, 2010
I love this school! Everything about it is great! The teachers care and they are great. The students are good depending on what crowd you hang out with. It's an exciting school and I really like it. The only problem is it is overcrowded but other than that it's amazing!

Reservoir High School 0

Posted August 24, 2009
My 09 Grad found the academics, student body and faculty to be good overall. I believe the students should have been encouraged to take more Honors and AP classes. My kid complained that kids were sometimes overlooked when their hands were raised. I had to be persistent in getting my child into advanced level classes. Fortunately, child did pretty well. Race relations were a concerned all four years. I will say that the Administration and the local authorities addressed incidents a timely manner. However, the discipline and corrective measures often did not always seem fair across the board. Principal Kaufman was quite responsive and visible in her attempts to address concerns of parents. A couple of ineffective teachers were removed over our 4 years & a teacher who made a racist comment in class was quickly removed by the county. Many clubs, extracurricular and sports to participate in. But to guarantee

Posted July 22, 2009

Posted June 29, 2009

Reservoir High School
11550 Scaggsville Rd, Fulton, MD  20759
Last modified Reservoir High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Reservoir High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 32 reviews. Top