No rating

Covenant Life School

Private | PK-12 | 270 students

Living in Gaithersburg

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $221,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,270.

Posted July 4, 2014

Fantastic moral, academic and social atmosphere. A true scholastic family that works to build the complete student and citizen.

Posted July 1, 2014

We've felt loved and cared for at this school. The teachers have been attentive to our children's needs and have continually sought ways to help them grow academically and spiritually. I love that my children are being taught with a biblical worldview.

Posted July 1, 2014

Our five children attended and it has been a great experience! The youngest just graduated from CLS. Our kids received individualized care (both academic and spiritual) from teachers and administration alike - oversight and counsel were excellent. Friendships among the students are sweet and genuine. I'm eager to see my grandchildren there too. One is already attending. Our kids easily obtained scholarships because of the quality of the education they received at CLS.

Posted July 1, 2014

The wonderful teachers, strong academic program, and Christ centered foundation make for a terrific educational experience for all of my children!

Posted July 1, 2014

We have been so impressed with the individual care one of our sons has received at the school. With transitioning from homeschooling and being diagnosed with a learning disability we were worried our son would be discouraged. On the contrary, he is loving school and looks forward to all the help he is getting.

Posted July 1, 2014

Covenant Life School is a wonderful school! Not only have my children benefitted from the high academic standards, but they have been surrounded by great friends and teachers that care beyond the classroom. I had children in the elementary school who transferred into public middle school into all honors and advanced classes. Upon returning to Covenant Life, they had suffered a significant academic loss, especially in math. This validated my suspicion that CLS's academics are challenging and above par. I love that teachers will speak into my children's lives, not only about life building topics, but also about their character and most importantly their spiritual lives. I equally love the fact that I am invited and encouraged as a parent to participate in my child's school experience. I wouldn't want my children to be anywhere else.

Posted July 1, 2014

All 3 of my children attended Covenant Life School and it was a wonderful experience for all of them. They were challenged academically and guided spiritually. They all made lasting friendships many of which continued into their college years and beyond. They were very well prepared for college and were able to get excellent merit-based scholarships due to the academic preparation they received. I would strongly recommend CLS to everyone!

Posted July 1, 2014

When my daughters joined this school in the middle of fifth grade they were a bit resistant to the idea. By the end of the school year they were tightly knit with their classmates and thanking me for putting them in the school. The school community is such a blessing to me and my daughters. As a single Dad I need all the help I can get. The teachers, faculty, other parents, and even the other students genuinely care, pray for, counsel, and love the students and their families. My girls just graduated and we are really going to miss all the love and fun and activity at CLS. Still, because of this school, they have been very well prepared academically and personally to launch into their college careers. As the lowest cost private school in montgomery county, it is a fabulous bargain--easily worth twice the tuition. The relationships, however, are priceless.

Posted July 1, 2014

My son loves the school! Great Christian School, the teachers are excellent and the staff are very helpful.

Posted June 27, 2013

CLS faculty and staff love teaching and love their students. They teach from a strong biblical worldview and help all students, from per-school through 12th grade, see the importance of what they're learning through the lens of Scripture. I love this school!

Posted May 30, 2012

We've had two students enroll at Covenant Life. One of our children probably would have done well anywhere, but our other child has ADD and has benefited greatly from the caring, compassionate teachers. Not that it's been a walk in the park by any stretch... CLS academics are tough; this is definitely a college-prep school. However, my child has had a better experience here than I believe she would have had elsewhere, and the teachers, principals and office staff are kind and willing to work with you.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 6% 6%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• James Leach
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Christian
Associations
  • ACSI

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• Supports home-based learning
Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious