Bad
Good

The staff is awsome and always freindly. Feild trips are always fun and educational. Just and amazing school.

I reviewed this school in 2009 and talked about how good it was. This school is just one of a kind. The teachers are outstanding and the parents are very active. This school is more than just a school--it is a home away from home. Our teachers have been very responsive and caring. The principal and vice principal outstanding. You could pay for a private school but you won't get a better education.

The teachers work together in teams to ensure that everyone is on the same page - their collaboration is key! My child has THRIVED here, and the staff and teachers are wonderful. The PTA is top-notch, and the community is an integral part of the Diamond team. Unity is very important to our children's success, and Diamond has an abundance!

This is a great school and I am happy that my daughter is going to this school. Great teachers, activities, My daughter love the school and the teacher .

Three MCPS teachers have won the Veteran Teacher Award from the Marian Greenblatt Education Fund (2014) and are now finalists for the MCPS Teacher of the Year Award. One of the recipients is Kathryn Hageman of Diamond Elementary School. Everyone in our neighborhood love this school.

Diamond ES is the epitome of a successful well-rounded multicultural school. DES serves the learning needs of nearly 640 students in 2013-2014 with diverse learning needs, socioeconomic backgrounds and abilities. Its administrative staff is constant, seasoned and a well-rounded team that grounds the school and drives superior academic performance of its students. All four of our children have attended the school; our last will graduate this spring. The level of teaching and learning demonstrated at this school is both impressive and lends to a pride-filled community for the wonderful school that we have. Parents are very involved, but many more could and should be, which is the sole reason why my rating was not 5 stars in that category. We have not experienced a poor teacher in all the years we've had our children enrolled at Diamond. I cannot say enough good things about our experience, however, our enrollment does - I believe - do the speaking for its wonderful reputation. We will sorely miss you Diamond!

This is a great school and I am happy that my son is going to this school. Gr8 teachers, activities, parent involvement. My son happily goes to school, talks good about teachers.

As a First Grade parent, I could not be happier with EVERY aspect of this school. We were welcomed with open arms from day one. The teachers, the staff, the parents, the PTA, EVERYONE works together to ensure our school is excellent. We have a very diverse population and that works to our advantage as well. My kids have learned so much about other cultures, it's amazing. It's just a wonderful place for my kids to go each and every day.

Diamond Elementary has a mostly top-notch team of educators. Unfortunately, our experience with the one bad kindergarten teacher in the school has left us with a very different experience than our neighbors are getting. Despite the complaints of numerous parents in our child's class, the School has admitted that it is powerless to remove the teacher until the "process" runs its course. On further review, we found that the "process" can take up to two years-ouch! Furthermore, the school has refused to move any of the children because it would start an exodus and she already has the smallest class. As with other parents in our class, we are now sending our children to local learning centers to ensure they keep pace with the children in the other classes. Now, good luck getting her out of there when all of her students are passing because their parents won't stand by and let their children fall victim to the politics between the school leadership and the teachers union. We aren't taking any chances next year and are moving out of the area. No point paying Montgomery County taxes when you can get the same level of school district accountability anywhere.

My association with the school has been extremely pleasurable. The staff and teachers are wonderful. They go an extra mile to ensure that the children do well academically. There is also a lot of emphasis on the child's emotional growth.

Last modified Diamond Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.