Bad
Good

First of all, my daughter absolutely loved this school and her teachers. However, I did not think my child was being challenged ehough in her learning at this school. For that reason, we decided to enroll in the highly gifted center at a different school. It is unfortunate that this school has a low rating (4 of 10) because they have great teachers and staff. I look forward to improvements in this school although my child will not be attending. A parent

The PTA have done wonderful things through out the year; I actually like the way they make parents involve in the day to day activities of the kids and the teachers feedback and motivation is great. The teacher helped my son to make good changes in short period of time. The Principal looks the kids very attentively and the other teachers cooperate in making sure the kids get in and out of school safely. I see a couple of teachers watching the kids moment almost everyday. I love the environment there and it is good to have my kids there.

BEWARE!! This school is horrible the principle has way TOO much time on his hands, Keith Jones is more concerned about his precious fire lane zone than the safety of his students!!!

This school has helped my daughter a lot she was below her grade level in reading and this school help her she is in her grade level . She comes home happy ever day she said that in school when they get a new student every one is nice and all students are friends . The school must have great teachers that show kids to be nice to each other . I think this school is a great school I would recommended this school

I'm a parent of two Summit Hall educated children. I volunteer once a week. Let me tell you, I am amazed at the dedication of the staff at this school. They do an incredible job given what they have to work with and minimal parental participation. I can't begin to elaborate on the challenges - suffice it to say that I'm sure it's no different at many other schools across the country. The quality of a child's home life makes a ton of difference in their behaviour and all it takes is for one kid to be off the rails for the whole class to be affected. It's a crying shame for the rest of the class, and also for the poor kid not getting enough of the right kind of attention at home. Also, the cultural differences present a whole other set of challenges. I personally believe not enough is being done to integrate the spanish-speaking population. Not that that is the school's responsibility. I wish the hispanic leadership would be much more proactive and not so permissive. Every one's so afraid of offending, no meaningful dialog happens, no progress. What a shame.

This is a great school! Great teachers, great students and great families. Summit Hall teachers know their students and meet with administrators on a regular basis to discuss student achievement. When they notice students are struggling, the work even harder to help them improve. The staff work above and beyond their requirement to host after school clubs that they don't get paid for due to severe budget cuts. Now that's commitment!

This is NOT a "low income" area and to imply that all "low income" areas are incompetent when it comes to school staffing is totally ridiculous! Anyhow, my grandaughter who attended PG County Schools before we moved here last year has improved by leaps and bounds at this school. Her reading and math skills have increased tremendously. Previously in PG County they were calling her mother every day to come and get her due to "behavior problems". This past year, not one phone call. So they must be doing something right. And to the parent that put his child in private school and moved to a "low income" area.....please....get a life.

We had a confrontation with the principal over lunch money. Honestly, it was our fault for not keeping our account properly funded, but when we tried to straighten it out, the principal tried to humiliate my wife in front of his staff. Made her feel like she was some ignorant peasant that needs to get a job and pay taxes. Considering both my wife and I have degrees and are professionals in our fields, this was discerning. I m sure this school has its problems due to the lower income area, but everyone needs to be treated professionally and with dignity. Considering we were new to the area and already signed a lease, we decided to place her in a private school. I m sure we are just over protective parents that went to extremes, but I honestly feel that this school is not giving its best.

The principal is very involved in all activities and issues. All issues are addressed immediately, they keep the parents informed. the teachers are very caring teachers. Everyone knows my kids by first and last names.

Last modified Summit Hall Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.