Germantown, MD

Kingsview Middle School 2

Posted December 12, 2014
Front desk secretaries and staff are incredibly rude. I called to advise that I was picking up my child early because of a family emergency. The secretary who answered, was dismissive and as a first year parent it made me feel completely unimportant. I question the way children are being treated and spoken to. Paitnece is a virtue and while I understand that there are others that can test that patience a calm, cool, and caring tone should always be in place when in a school setting. As a school that is in one of the best counties in this country professionalism, courtesy and kindness should be reflected in the way that staff interacts with others. I'm incredibly disappointed and sincerely hope that said secretary was having an off day. I will be speaking to the principal.

Kingsview Middle School 2

Posted August 19, 2014
I've heard of this school and everyone makes it seem so good, when in actuality, it's not.

Posted August 22, 2013
The teachers show great concern for the students and their future success. The principal seems well versed in the continuing education of the students on through high school.

Kingsview Middle School 4

Posted January 09, 2012
I am a student and the school is great. There are a lot of afterschool activites and many offers to do above grade level material. Though there are flaws like corny and unessary "Sayings". Like ROAR... Although it's really fun. There is even a school store so you could purshace things with fake money you could earn. And they are pretty determined about student participation.

Posted August 28, 2011
My child is attending KMS and we believe it is an excellent school. The office staff are friendly and considerate. The principal, Ms. Thomas, is engaging and involved. It's nice to see the staff care about the students. Anytime we have had a concern the staff has been quick to listen and act when necessary. From what we've experienced the majority of students at KMS are respectful and interested in learning.

Kingsview Middle School 4

Posted July 07, 2009
Kingsview is one of the better middle schools in Upper Montgomery County. One thing that stands out for me is the friendliness of the office staff. They are quick to greet a visitor and see what they can do to help. A number of other schools I've been too have office staff that are nonengaged with visitors, grumpy and often suspicious of the motives of any child that shows up in the office. I salute Kingsview for breaking with that trend.

Kingsview Middle School 1

Posted March 03, 2009

Posted December 05, 2008
This school is excellent!!!

Posted July 02, 2008
I'm a student at KMS and I love it! The teachers are all so nice and you learn so much while having a great time. The other students there are awesome and you always feel really safe at school. The emergency procedures are well laid out with the exception of the new tornado drill. I'm just sad our principal is leaving but he sure improved the school a whole lot!

Posted December 05, 2007

Kingsview Middle School
18909 Kingsview Rd, Germantown, MD  20874
Last modified Kingsview Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Kingsview Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top