Bad
Good

Woodside Elementary School 1

Posted August 03, 2016
Teachers are rude. My nephew was constantly bullied by kids and the teachrts didnt even care

Woodside Elementary School 3

Posted November 10, 2014
I transferred my daughter here due to moving. The school we were at before was a blue ribbon school. I definitely see the difference. My daughter switched school mid-year and I asked the teacher how she was adjusting. I got a short one word answer. My experience with her other school's teachers were much more engaging. I find communication is lacking from the entire staff. My daughter was being bullied the first couple of weeks and even though a staff member was made aware I had to hear it from my daughter. Now once I spoke to the principle she acted on it and I was please however in her previous school they were much more proactive relating to the development of the kids.

Woodside Elementary School 1

Posted February 09, 2011
Luckily my kids no longer go to school at Woodside. When they did go we had nothing but trouble from the principal to the counselors. The only teachers that were good retired before or right after my kids had them. I ended up pulling them out in the 4th grade due to severe bullying and the teachers impatience. Reported the bullying to the principal, teachers and counselors and nothing was ever done. My kids came home from school sad, angry, and resentful because no one would help them when told what was going on.

Posted June 28, 2010
This is by far the best school that my children have attended! The principal that my sons had was genuinely caring towards students and parents. I don't know if she is still there, however. The staff bent over backwards to ensure that my younger son had his IEP in effect within a couple of months of starting school there. This was after his other schools gave me the run around. Staff members would go out of their way to help me, which is something that no other school has done. I am extremely thankful for the administration and staff at this school. If only all schools were this caring!

Posted May 12, 2010
My son is in this school, one of the best school in the state of Maryland, very good teachers and a great principal who are taking care of the students and educating kids with so much care.

Woodside Elementary School

Posted January 29, 2008
My daughter has been attending Woodside for the past few years and has gone from Day Care to Preschool, Jr Kindergarten, Kindergarten and is now in First Grade. She will finish out the school year here and then continue on to public school. She has really enjoyed her time here and learned everything she needs to prepare her for life in public school. My daughter has learned to read (and loves doing it!) do math (loves that too, how great is that?) and the teacher makes learning history and all of the subjects that made my eyes roll back in my head as a kid, fun and interesting along with being interactive.

Posted January 23, 2007
My daughter started Pre-K September 2006 and I have been very impressed with the professionalism of the staff and teachers. They very organized and it makes me feel good that she is in a good school. She has over a short period of time made incredible progress. She comes home everyday and tells me exactly what they have done today and always have different projects that we can assist her with.

Woodside Elementary School
160 Funke Rd, Glen Burnie, MD  21061
Last modified Woodside Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.