PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

I'm a student, who use to go here but things got so bad I have to leave. I had very low self-esteem and already switched school because of being picked on. The school is average, but I felt that the teachers gave me a little too much verbal discipline, I was yelled at and humiliated in front of everyone by a teacher for saying "omg". I can understand if I wasn't new, but I was and didn't know the rules. Also even though they try to make the students seem picture perfect they're not, they are bullies just like any other kids in a public school. I also feel that the area the the student eat is horrible and small. The lunches aren't even healthy is low-rate garbage. The class rooms are also small and I had a hard time focusing. Another thing is the tuition, with the books, education, teachers, playground and "fun" activities this school is putting out the tuition should be a lot lower than it is. This school isn't worth it at all. Take it from a ex-student, not a parent that doesn't actually deal with the school.

I have had 2 children graduate from Granite. The teachers are the most caring people I've ever known.

I love the Abeka Program, but when my son was at Granite for the 1st grade, his teacher did nothing but complain about his behavior. he was getting A's in every subject, but his teacher kept stating that he had a problem. he spent a lot of money getting him tested for ADHD only to find out that he was gifted in some areas and need to be challeged more. I asked the teacher to challege him but Granite has no way of providing children with higher needs (or even children that need help) becasue the curriculum is set to one type of learning style. I was hurt my Granites lack of concern for my son. We had to pull our son out in the middle of the school. he is in a great Catholic school where he was moved up to help challege him. He is doing much better now.

I have a son who is in 3rd grade and my daughter is in K-5. Both attend Granite and I couldn't be happier. They both started in K-4. The teachers are great and connect well with the children! Not only do they teach the basic subjects but they also enforce discipline and respect of others. Both children were reading at the end of the K-4 school year and continue to build those skills in K-5.

I have two children at Granite. One in K3 and 1 in K5. We've had excellent experiences so far with the K3 program, and my son is wild about his teacher. However, the school faculty, with the exception of the school administrator, are clueless when it comes to children with learning disablities. My daughter has ADD combined type. It took several weeks in order to get a conference. Their attitude was horrible, and they weren't going to be very helpful regarding her condition or working with us. We're looking to move her elsewhere. Otherwise, if you have a child without any issues, the school is exceptional.

excellent pre k program for 4 year old kids. Great learning environment. Teaching staff excellent. Class size is ideal

Last modified Granite Baptist School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12