Marley Middle School

Public | 6-8

Posted April 11, 2014

This is the worse school I have ever worked with. I am sitting in the office now getting my sons transfer papers and the office staff is agitating a student that is already upset. There is an epidemic of kids that cut themselves and administration does nothing to bullys but then punishes the child that is bullied after they have had enough. There is a few good teachers that want to make learning exciting but the rest of them need a new profession because they are letting down our kids :(

Posted May 15, 2013

i am home schooled and i rather go back to Marley middle and that is saying something i love Marley!!!!

Posted August 30, 2012

I currently have a seventh and sixth grader at this school. Last year we had problems with my son being bullied. He was punched twice. Once for getting the answer right when the other child didn't. I don't think the staff handled it properly. I think that they brush some of it under the rug. I am hoping that this will be a better year. Other staff there including guidance counselors I am extremely pleased with and they are very willing to help. My sixth grader is ADHD and severe anxiety so I foresee this year I will really need the counselors help. From what my son tells me there is a lot of fighting in the classrooms and it is disruptive. My oldest daughter went there around eight years ago and she said there was a lot of fighting back then as well. Mostly with the boys. I think the school could improve upon somethings. Last I checked there was zero tolerance when it comes to bullying in Anne Arundel county. I think part of the problem comes from when they redistrict and changed what areas feed into Marley Middle.

Posted February 2, 2012

I have a 6th grader at Marley this year and have had a great experience with the school and staff. Not only do the teachers help the students they have been proactive in problem areas, with after school help on Tues and Thur. This is my second child to go through Marley and so far I have been very pleased with my child's education. Between the parent conect and after school progams, it is hard not to succeed.

Posted February 1, 2012

I agree that the staff do NOTHING but sit back and watch kids FIGHT violently in the hallwalls, bully each other and act like animals. The teachers don't help students that need extra attention with classwork. My child has been going there for 3 years now and it hasn't gotten any better. It's really a shame how bad the staff is.

Posted March 28, 2011

They do nothing in regards to kids being bullied I have been to the school numerous times and its still not handled yet. It makes you want to homeschool instead of dealing with this everyday!

Posted November 19, 2010

I have a first time student at this school. The facility itself is excellent. Very bright and certainly cheery. Definitely an atmosphere conducive to learning. The teachers are excellent. All are extremely uplifting to my daughter and are always there to help. Teacher schedule after school tutoring or help every week. The support provided can not be matched. All are involved and concerned about your childs education. Simply put, the teacher and school are doing a fine job. I as a parent have ready access via email to all teachers my daughter sees daily. There is no reason a parent could not and should not be involved with their childs education. My daughter is being challenged daily with her studies and is exceeding with honor roll status. Wonderful school!

Posted December 2, 2009

My son is in 7th grade and in his second year at Marley. He has special needs and I was so afraid to send him here! I actually thought about moving just to be in a different school district. Mr. Buckley has done a fantastic job with the school. I am so impressed with my son's education and the standard in which this school conducts is daily activities. As for the teachers....can we clone Mr. Byland? He is simply outstanding in every way. Just ask any parent of a child in his class, he is terrific. The school has improved 100% from what I remember as a middle schooler. This is a completely different school. You are still going to have some little problems, we are dealing with 6, 7th and 8th graders, but they are kept to a minimum. Keep up the great work; I have another child attending in two years.

Posted October 13, 2009

I am a student at Marley Middle School and I love it! The teachers are nice and caring.
—Submitted by a student

Posted April 3, 2009

I am currently in 7th Grade at Marley and i love it!! the Teachers help you when you do not get something! they will work with you untill you get it and they are very understanding! Marley has alot of activitys/clubs that you can do after school on Thursdays and they also have tutoring on wendsdays! i couldnt ask for better help!!
—Submitted by a student

Posted March 30, 2009

Marley School rank very high in my book, I have had several social ajustment with my daugther moving around the country and trying to get her settle has been an great challange,but nevertheless the staff we're and is on the ball with facing the different unbalancement the student's go through on a daily base. And just for something as small as caring about the wholeness of the child not just the educational side, is priceless.

Posted February 7, 2009

My son goes to Marley Middle School and we love it! He went to a catholic school last year but was having trouble with writing which is in every class. They did not have the resources to help him. We had an IEP done with the County Schools this past summer and he was diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome. He has a lot of help at school and is doing great, academically and socially. We love Marley Middle School, and see him changing every day.

Posted June 30, 2008

I'm so Thankfull that my son made it out of the school in one piece & alive.I can't believe that parents actually like this school.I for one think it should be shut down. My son was jumped twice in the school and he was treated unfairly.Cause he has a record of being suspened.Cause he is ADHD and OCD and they wont lesson.My son was knocked out with a teacher right their and he was blamed for it.I'm really tough on my son cause he needs to be corrected.But this gets me when a child grabs your child and knocks him out and it takes a teacher and a friend to pull the kid off.But yet my son gets blamed cause he poked the kids sholder and he knows the kid he was playing around.School is a joke & dangerious.Everyone I know hates the school.

Posted December 6, 2007

This school is excellent it has a lot of clubs for children and extra curriculum activities. The kids also have freedom and have really educational trip that they can go on tis school diserve a 8/10

Posted January 18, 2005

This school is above many that I have had to deal with in the Maryland school district. My son is a special needs child and was met with open arms and minds in how to best help him. The leaders in this school are very accessable and more than willing to meet each students needs. Having a special needs child I have had to deal with many school principals and guidance staff. This school has taken away the stress that I usually have to go through and provided the care that he needs. This to me shows a great deal of concern for the students no matter what the circumstances may be. Student safety is a top priority as well. There is nothing at this point that I could say reflecting a negative response. Other schools and school systems could learn a lesson from this school.

Posted October 30, 2004

All of the staff should have to take a sensitivity course dealing with all children from all walks of life. Administration at this school are a pleasure to deal with MOST of the time. I believe that the staff that I have dealt with were professional and caring enough, for instance, the guidance staff, Ms. Ruffin for one. A wonderful, caring lady. There are others whose names escape me right now, but carry on and keep up the good, caring work, all of you.

Math

The state average for Math was 77% in 2013.

255 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 84% in 2013.

257 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 73% in 2013.

246 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 85% in 2013.

247 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 67% in 2013.

241 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 81% in 2013.

241 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 71% in 2013.

245 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 3% 6%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 51%N/A42%

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Dance teacher(s)
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by school community.

Arts & music

Performing arts
  • Dance
  • Drama
needs to be verified by school leaders.

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

10 Davis Ct