No rating

Holy Trinity Episcopal Day School

Private | PK-8

Living in Glenn Dale

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $300,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,250.

Posted March 26, 2014

I absolutely love this school. My son is in Kindergarten this school year and I am very pleased. He has made dramatic improvements in his comprehension, reading, writing and math. Plus he adores his school! At just about 6 years old, he is always rushing me in the morning so he can get to school on time. He tells me "Mommy don't make me late", LOL. I do believe that every experience is unique and that you must do thorough research when deciding where to send your children. I have a two year old daughter who I plan to also send to HTEDS and follow in her brother's steps. I love that they demand the most from their students and require parents to participate in their children's education. Yes their expectations are high, but I think high expectations prepare our children to readily compete on a larger level in all parts of their life. While I feel the tuition is more than affordable and I decided to give the school 4 stars because the before and after care is quite pricey. They should re-evaluate that system. Otherwise, great, safe, engaging and fun learning environment at a great price and their program can compete with most of the surrounding private schools in the region.

Posted July 29, 2013

Holy Trinity was a good experience. I just left this school and now I am leaving and going to 9th grade. The only thing that really bothered me was some of the students (mostly 7th and 8th grade). They can be very vulgar and they always talk about perverted stuff like "doing the thing". I actually was pretty happy to leave and graduate. The best thing about this school is the teachers, the administrators, and the faculty/staff. They were wonderful!!! I don't know what one of the parents were thinking when they commented that the math program was bad!!!!! It was great, all you have to do is apply yourself and ask the teacher is you were having any trouble. I go an A on my report card for math every trimester! It was also pretty easy, well for me it was. Anyways school is just for education so not including the students, I would give this school a 5 star rating. Also, student counsel was a wonderful experience, a lot of leadership is involved! And if you are new and are in either going to the 5th, 6th, or 7th grade, the school just keeps on improving and building so it gets even better!! - Samara H.

Posted June 2, 2013

I was a parent at HT from 2002-2011. I am happy to read from a review that "parents are only empowered to a degree" and "management is in charge" because we left because bullying parents undermined management. Also, there were too many bullying kids (bullying parents raise bullying kids) . Too much drama. Band and Art programs were phenomenal, math and spanish program were horrible. Also, they had a great 7th & 8th grade science teacher that made up for the horrible 5th & 6th grade science teacher, but she left. Also, they had great 7th & 8th grade English teachers, but the 8th grade teacher left. I hope that Holy Trinity prevails over the evil elements therein, as there are many good people at that school that should not suffer at the hands of bullies. We are so much happier in AACPS.

Posted March 18, 2013

Be prepared to get a tutor. This school has maybe one good teacher per grade level. Most parents to do not know how poorly their children are being educated. The math program is horrible.

Posted February 26, 2013

My daughter is in her second year at HT. She started in PreK 4, she's now in Kindergarten. When she enrolled, I believe my daughter was probably advanced compared to her peers elsewhere. I was a little nervous because the pace in PreK 4 seemed somewhat slow. However, the teachers surpassed my expectations and kept her interested. Similarly, in Kindergarten, after a slow paced start, I can see remarkable progress in her reading and math skills-- a great achievement given that her skills were at the first grade level to begin with. HT is not a very "flexible" school in that it only empowers parents to a degree. The school accepts constructive criticism, but it is made abundantly clear to parents that management is in charge. On an individual basis, this can take some getting used to, particularly if your child has any issues that warrant special attention. However, I believe it is part of what has made the school consistently strong, with positive, repeatable results. I believe my child's education is comparable to some of the pricier schools in DC/Annapolis and certainly comparable to the best public schools in Howard and Montgomery Counties. Great value for the $$.

Posted February 13, 2012

my children (boys) have been attending HTS for 5 years and overall I have been very pleased as a parent. The teachers that both of my children had were/are excellent. The new head of school seems to be a great visionary and is on the right track for improving the school's programs for children, faculty and staff, and parents. Proposed enhancements for school year 2012-13 are well planned and I look forward to the implementation. I can definately recommend this school. It is safe and I feel my children are academically prepared to do well as they progress inthe higher grades. They encourage parents to be involved and are doing a better job of keeping parents informed of their childrens academic progress.

Posted June 20, 2011

Excellent school and great learning environment. This is made possible by teachers who care and, for the most part, parents who are engaged with their children. The workload is sometimes substantial, but my two girls are certainly thriving at school after 3 and 5 years respectively.

Posted February 16, 2011

My daughter is attending Holy Trinity Middle School and I have enjoyed my experience. There are some really great teacher who care about their students. The Science, Social Studies, Band and English teachers for 7th and eight grade have been exceptional. I think it is a great school for the price

Posted February 13, 2011

Holy Trinity has been an amazing experience for both my kids. As one prepares to graduate, the opportunities and offers to attend the top high schools around the area are pouring in. Holy Trinity has prepared them well, not only by giving them an excellent educational foundation but also by providing a spiritual environment that develops young men and women of strong character and integrity. The support we've received from teachers, staff, and administrators throughout the years, and particularly during the high school application process, has been outstanding. High schools are eager to welcome Holy Trinity graduates because of their academic preparedness and character.

Posted September 10, 2010

NEW AND PROSPECTIVE PARENTS!!!! When you visit Holy Trinity Episcopal Day shool (lower or upper campus) ASK THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS: 1. Why is the school head resigning after just five years(effective June30,2011) 2. How welcoming is the head and shool administration to parents showing up unnannounced with questions of teachers or administrators or even visiting their child's classroom. (I can tell you they are not) 3. Why don't they have an official "PTA"? (I can tell you from talking with other parents after two years at the school that the administrators and BOARD appears afraid of parents communicating in any cohesive way.) 4.Why isn't there a parent member on the board? Academics appears fine; school is safe; but be aware that you can not be a passive parent at this school! It's your tuition money. Demand better communication!

Posted April 21, 2010

Not worth the money. The quality of education has been declining since the previous head of school retired.

Posted April 26, 2009

My child and I love this school!

Posted July 9, 2008

The quality of education that my child has received at Holy Trinity has been excellent. My child has become an independent thinker and has performed well on standardized tests as well as in independent review. The academic and adminstrative staff are well qualified and caring. The current administration is taking the school in a positive direction by not only expanding the school facilities but also in modernizing how the school is managed. Holy Trinity can compete with other schools found in Montgomery or Fairfax counties and is a bargain by comparison. In my view, the turnover that the school has experienced is a function of retirements and attrition that is to be expected when an organization experiences a change in administration and it has not negatively impacted the quality of education provided by the school.

Posted March 7, 2008

The number of faculty and staff who have left in the past 12 months is astonishing! Is no one looking into the reasons why? Announcements of more leaving the end of this year are already starting to come in. This was a great school before the new administration came in.

Posted February 20, 2008

Holy Trinity has provided an excellent education for my children since Preschool. The Administrator and teachers in the Preschool provided a positve, caring, consistent and safe environment. Their joy of learning has continued at the Lower School.

Posted January 30, 2008

I have found that Holy Trinity has excellent teachers, yet the administration is Very disappointing. If you want to give this school a try, I would wait until your child reaches 1st grade.

Posted December 12, 2007

Holy Trinity used to be a great school. My children received an excellent education from excellent teachers; but, the change in administration and the new principal are horrible.

Posted October 14, 2007

This school if anything has given my child and excellent opportunity to excel in her academics and has also taught her to be independent and follow through with her life goals. Holy Trinity is a great choice for laying out a fundamental foundation.

Posted May 25, 2006

This is a great school from a students prospective. I play an instrament and and enjoy there sports program. The teachers make the lessons fun for me and we have great feild trips. Next year I will go to Flordia!
—Submitted by a student

Posted July 7, 2005

I've found Holy Trinity to be a fantastic school. The teachers are skilled educators, and are knowledgeable, responsive and caring. Similarly, the administrative staff is helpful, tireless and friendly. My child loves going to school and has improved his reading, math and conceptual skills dramatically since starting here one year ago. Parent involvement is very high. I couldn't ask for a better learning environment for my child.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 1% 6%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Episcopal
Associations
  • NAIS
Fax number
  • (301) 464-9725

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious