Halethorpe, MD

Halethorpe Elementary School 3

Posted May 24, 2013
My kids have been students of Halethorpe for the past year, one in Kindergarten and the other in 5th. Each have had a hard time adjusting to the new school. I will say that the kindergarten teacher has done a great job in trying to work with my son in his adjustment though I think he gets singled out rather than trying to make him feel like part of the community. I would say this school was average at best. I have not been overly impressed, but I wouldn't say that it was a "bad" school. Maybe my perspective is skewed because they were in such a wonderful school last year in Georgia. They do a great job of making the kids feel safe, but I don't think it is a great environment for the truly gifted children.

Posted November 21, 2012
five of our children have attended this school for several years and they love it. The teachers and staff care about each student, about their well being and the education they are receiving. Truly a wonderful experience in an enriching environment.

Posted June 20, 2011
Halethorpe Elem is truly an exceptional school to send your child to. All 4 of our children have attended Halethorpe and the whole experience from Pre-K to 5th grade makes you hate to leave. All the faculty knows each child and their parent by name and they are always available when you have questions or problems; and any problems that arise are addressed imediately. Halethorpe staff makes you feelpart of the family!

Halethorpe Elementary School 4

Posted January 17, 2006

Posted October 27, 2005

Posted March 02, 2005
I cannot say enough wonderful things about Halethorpe Elementary! We came to this school from a private school, and we've found Halethorpe to far surpass the quality of education, as well as the range of services, we encountered in the private school setting. One of our sons is dyslexic, and in speech therapy. The school, teachers, and staff have been enormously supportive and helpful. The principal knows every child by name, problems are few and far between, but they are always handled respectfully and appropriately. I can only hope that our experiences in the middle school will be as wonderful as they have been here. Kudos to all of the staff for doing a wonderful job!

Posted March 01, 2005

Posted November 21, 2004
Halethorpe elementary is a gret environment for learning and parent involvement. The communication link between the teachers and the parents is outstanding. The principal, Jill bordenick knows every student by name and is always available for any concerns or inquiries. I have two children. One is now in middle school and the other in kindergarten at Halethorpe. If you're new to this area, I know you will be impressed and happy with Halethorpe elementary. I wish more parents would be involved in thier children's education.

Posted August 22, 2003
I can't say enough wonderful things about this school. My son is entering the 1st grade(Aug.2003), he has attended this school since pre-kindergarten. I find the leadership to be outstanding, with both the principal as well as the teachers. We've had nothing but a positive experience.

Halethorpe Elementary School
4300 Maple Ave, Halethorpe, MD  21227
Last modified Halethorpe Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Halethorpe Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top