Hyattsville, MD

Posted September 07, 2011
I attended Concordia in the late 1970s and early 1980s after a very rough time in public school. I returned to volunteer my time as I have extensive education background and wanted to give back to a school that gave me a top notch education. Although the demographics of the school have changed, the Christian love and values is evident in the teachers dedication to teaching. Please support Concordia and assist them with resources to continue to provide a top notch education with strong Christian values.

Posted November 28, 2009
My son attended middle school at Concordia. In spite of the economic downturn, Concordia kept up with the challenges of providing a first rate education. The teachers are dedicated to the whole person. The principal is accessible and treats the students like young men and women. I am very grateful that we came and would highly recommend Concordia to parents of young teens.

Concordia Lutheran School 3

Posted August 14, 2009
My children attended Concordia. The school is small and like a close knit family. Our biggest issues were the limited amount of academic resources and extracurricular programs offered (ie. library resources, foreign language, music, computer classes, and advanced classes, etc.) and the small number of faculty members. I encourage families to tour the school. Be sure to ask lots of questions regarding teacher certification, academics, and how they encourage and monitor students' progress toward meeting grade-level standards. CLS faces some steep challenges; but they are always trying to find new ways to meet the needs of its students.

Concordia Lutheran School 4

Posted July 31, 2009
Concordia is an excellent school for parents who want a small classroom setting for their child to thrive. It provides a God-centered environment that values service, mentorship, personal responsibility, independent thinking and family! My son loves his peers and respects his teachers.

Concordia Lutheran School 3

Posted July 03, 2009
My son attended concordia from preschool all the way through eighth grade. Overall, it was an okay experience. Our family experienced many rough spots along the way though. First many of the teachers seem under-qualified . . . And the few who do have the qualifications, have been teaching so long that they have lost all passion. Beware, many of these older teachers have really bad attitude problems! the lack respect for their students but more importantly the parents. As far as the 'christian education' . . . Religion is all lost in complacent rituals and practices. The school has a religion class for all that seemed to beat christianity on the ground. Also, warning to those who are not lutheran- this schools seems to place martin luther on to high a pedestal.

Posted June 20, 2009
My son has attended Concordia since pre-school and has done extremely well. So well in fact that he scored highly on his high school placement test. He was accepted into a very challenging high school program. Well done Concordia!!!

Posted May 27, 2009
Great school, great teachers, supporting administration. Rules and guidelines are clearly delineated. Some parents come in and want to change the school to fit their ideas--these would be unhappy. The school know its priorities--Jesus is the center of all that we do. Academic standards are set high and children are encouraged to do their best in all that they do. Communication between school and faculty is great--Monday notes tell all each week. No child is allowed to close down and stop doing work. Parents are called or informed frequently of behavior--both bad and good. It's a great place to entrust your precious child.

Posted April 30, 2009

Posted April 21, 2009
My daughter have been at Concordia for 6 years. They are now in 4th and 5th grade. We have been so pleased with the administration, the teachers, and the staff that we would not think of sending our girls anywhere else. Their academics far surpass those of other children in our neighborhood, both attending public and private schools. It is the most wonderful learning evironment that we could have our children in to grow academically and and in their faith.

Posted April 10, 2009
Concordia Lutheran School is a good quality Christian school. We have been going there since kindergarten, My son is in 8th grade now. I will recommend the school for anybody to send their children there.

Concordia Lutheran School
3799 East-West Highway, Hyattsville, MD  20782
Last modified Concordia Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Concordia Lutheran School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top