Bad
Good

We have two children at Gorman Crossing and we have been so happy here for the last 4 years. The teachers, administrators, and support staff genuinely care about the the kids and their education. We love the diverse community and the spirit of inclusiveness at GCES as well. The parents are involved and we have found the school to be a safe, nurturing place for our kids to grow, learn and be challenged academically. We have been particularly impressed with the GT teachers and the Curriculum Enrichment Units at the school. We have encountered a small number of average teachers, but they are definitely not the norm at this GCES. Most teachers are engaged and truly invested in helping each child succeed.

Gorman Crossing is an Excellent place to start a kid's educational journey. Very experienced, courteous and responsible teachers. I can specifically say this, because I have three kids in the school, and I know the quality of educational growth in them.

I have 3 children in GCES. They have wonderful teachers who are very helpful & great community of parents who are very much involved. Wouldn't trade it for any other school.

I have two children in this school and have had wonderful experiences so far. The teachers are great, the parents are involved and the leadership has renewed energy! We are thrilled to be part of such a great elementary family!

I believe our school stands above the rest because of its teachers and parent involvement. I volunteer a great amount of my time in my kids' classrooms by helping in guest reading. The teaching staff knows the students' strengths and weaknesses. If a child is reading or doing math above grade level, they are moved to an above grade level reading or math. This helps the child to continuously be challenged. They cater to gifted children as well. Students in the gifted and talented program learn 2 grades above their grade level. Students who need extra help are pulled aside with another teacher to help them get caught up. Our school is an amazing school and I am very happy with their teaching methods.

Gorman Crossing Elementary is a school full of diversity. Being in the military, our children are used to being around students with various backgrounds. This school embraces the differences. The teaching staff is amazing. I always feel as though my child is being challenged and met on his level of learning. They go out of their way to make parents feel welcomed and comfortable with the level of instruction that is taking place. I am glad that we relocated to the area. I hope that my child will be able to complete his elementary school years there. Looking forward to another great year!!

Gorman Crossing is simply an amazing school. I have two children who just completed their first year. One son has an IEP and the other is a young genius. The school has met each child at their level and has surpassed any expectation I had. The special education dept provides services over and above the IEP as noted our private clinican psychologist. This school is like a mini UN and is one of the best kept secrets in Howard County. The PTA is strong and all are accepted. Who could ask for more?

I have 4 year son that goes there. He has development delay, but ever since he has started going there I have seen a lot of progress. I love this school. Teachers are outstanding.

This is our 4th year at Gorman Crossing and we love the school. One of our children had an IEP for the first 3 years and during that time i thought he received amazing support from all the staff, not just his immediate Special Ed teachers. He has now dropped the IEP and has thrived in the regular inclusive environment. We also love the diversity there. Our kids have gotten a superb education and have a great attitude about school - we couldn't be happier.

Read comments about IEPs when we moved here, but wasn't concerned because it didn't affect us yet. First child was in GT classes and did very well as he would anywhere. Second child has been released from an IEP twice now just to lose ground and have to start over. He has a disability and gets zero accommodation. If your child is not "normal", you will have some long painful years here.

Last modified Gorman Crossing Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.