Bad
Good

My son has gone to Lothian for 5 1/2 years now and my experience has been nothing but positive.

Its a good school kids there are nice and you get good school lunch and you have a big and nice playground and i love it i would pick this school trust me pick this school you and your girl or boy will love it really.

Both my daughters attend Lothian Elementary- they are in the 3rd grade. This is a wonderful school. The teachers, staff and principal are all fantastic. Good news for future students, there are plans to renovate the school and it should start this summer. Unfortunately, my children missed out attending Tracy's when they recently were renovated due to us moving and being zoned to Lothian. And now that Lothian is finally renovating, my girls will once again miss out because by the time it's over, they'll be in middle school. As for Lothian- I get updates constantly on my children's progress and what they need help with. The music program is great and my daughters love everything about the school.

My son transferred to Lothian from a school in Prince George's County in 2nd grade, during the middle of the school year, as we bought a new house. From the first day, he was made to feel welcome and included, being caught up to speed by teachers during lunch breaks/recess time. He made friends very quickly and was caught up to their curriculum, which was months, if not a whole grade, ahead of his previous school. He is now in 5th grade and sadly about to move on to middle school. The teachers have excellent communication with parents. The curriculum is far beyond other schools that friend's children attend. His test scores for MSA are higher with each passing grade. They do Benchmark Testing every so often to determine if the child has got a clear understsnding of what has been taught, and readily advance the child to the next level as soon as they are prepared for it, instead of having to wait for a quarter or year to end as other schools. The teachers go above and beyond at this school and I simply could not ask for a better education or learning enviornment for my son.

I attended Lothian when I was in fifth grade. My son is now into his 3rd year at Lothian. I have been very pleased with the staff. My son requires extra attention due to his short attention span and talkativeness, which the teachers and principle have worked out with him and myself. They work hard to allow your children to exceed!

My daughter, who graduated from Lothian Elementary school, is now a straight A high school student in advanced placement classes. I give full credit to Lothian Elementary School for providing her with the foundation to achieve through dedicated teachers who used diagnostic teaching methods to individualize instruction for all, and balanced rigor with a warm supportive learning environment. The extra effort these teachers put forth to provide the optimal learning environment is not something you will find in many schools.

I strongly disagree with the comment and rating from a previous parent dated March 27. My child attended Lothian during the times that were referred to in that comment and I was more than impressed by the academic focus and the plan for improvement. I did see a school improvement plan, the goals were shared with the community and we did have an increase in our MSA scores this year which can be verified by the MSA website. My family has been extremely happy with the staff and their dedication towards education. We have never been disappointed in our school and have the upmost respect for all of our child's teachers and their committment to address the diverse needs of our population. The teachers have been instrumental in instilling a positive attitude towards learning as well as providing challenging and engaging work for our child.

Both of my sons attended Lothian. During their education there, I was always impressed by the dedicated, nurturing staff. Although the school population is very diverse, the staff works hard to address individual's needs. I would not hesitate to recommend this school to anyone moving into the area.

I currently have a child attending Lothian Elementary School. THe environment in the school is very friendly from the office staff to the teaching staff. The school is very well maintained, and has excellent protection and safety plans in place. The academic instruction at the school is excellent, in particular the reading instruction. The teacher's go above and beyond to meet the needs of each child in their class. ANy child would be lucky to attend this school.

Last modified Lothian Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.