Lothian, MD
Before care: Yes

Posted February 15, 2014
Its a good school kids there are nice and you get good school lunch and you have a big and nice playground and i love it i would pick this school trust me pick this school you and your girl or boy will love it really.

Posted February 11, 2013
Both my daughters attend Lothian Elementary- they are in the 3rd grade. This is a wonderful school. The teachers, staff and principal are all fantastic. Good news for future students, there are plans to renovate the school and it should start this summer. Unfortunately, my children missed out attending Tracy's when they recently were renovated due to us moving and being zoned to Lothian. And now that Lothian is finally renovating, my girls will once again miss out because by the time it's over, they'll be in middle school. As for Lothian- I get updates constantly on my children's progress and what they need help with. The music program is great and my daughters love everything about the school.

Posted January 11, 2013
My son transferred to Lothian from a school in Prince George's County in 2nd grade, during the middle of the school year, as we bought a new house. From the first day, he was made to feel welcome and included, being caught up to speed by teachers during lunch breaks/recess time. He made friends very quickly and was caught up to their curriculum, which was months, if not a whole grade, ahead of his previous school. He is now in 5th grade and sadly about to move on to middle school. The teachers have excellent communication with parents. The curriculum is far beyond other schools that friend's children attend. His test scores for MSA are higher with each passing grade. They do Benchmark Testing every so often to determine if the child has got a clear understsnding of what has been taught, and readily advance the child to the next level as soon as they are prepared for it, instead of having to wait for a quarter or year to end as other schools. The teachers go above and beyond at this school and I simply could not ask for a better education or learning enviornment for my son.

Lothian Elementary School 4

Posted April 30, 2010
I attended Lothian when I was in fifth grade. My son is now into his 3rd year at Lothian. I have been very pleased with the staff. My son requires extra attention due to his short attention span and talkativeness, which the teachers and principle have worked out with him and myself. They work hard to allow your children to exceed!

Posted December 10, 2009

Posted August 04, 2009
Great staff, great school

Lothian Elementary School 1

Posted May 14, 2009

Lothian Elementary School 0

Posted November 23, 2008
My daughter, who graduated from Lothian Elementary school, is now a straight A high school student in advanced placement classes. I give full credit to Lothian Elementary School for providing her with the foundation to achieve through dedicated teachers who used diagnostic teaching methods to individualize instruction for all, and balanced rigor with a warm supportive learning environment. The extra effort these teachers put forth to provide the optimal learning environment is not something you will find in many schools.

Lothian Elementary School 3

Posted October 16, 2008

Posted October 05, 2008
I strongly disagree with the comment and rating from a previous parent dated March 27. My child attended Lothian during the times that were referred to in that comment and I was more than impressed by the academic focus and the plan for improvement. I did see a school improvement plan, the goals were shared with the community and we did have an increase in our MSA scores this year which can be verified by the MSA website. My family has been extremely happy with the staff and their dedication towards education. We have never been disappointed in our school and have the upmost respect for all of our child's teachers and their committment to address the diverse needs of our population. The teachers have been instrumental in instilling a positive attitude towards learning as well as providing challenging and engaging work for our child.

Lothian Elementary School
5175 Solomons Island Rd, Lothian, MD  20711
Last modified Lothian Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lothian Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top