PK, 6-12
Marriottsville, MD
After care: No

Posted December 05, 2014
This is my daughter's first year at Chapelgate and I couldn't be more pleased. The school offers excellent academics in a nurturing Christian environment. My daughter is in a class of students who are just like her; hard working, caring and respectful. The school has a lot of programs to offer and the teachers and staff are like family and very accommodating. I can see why Chapelgate has been named one of the top Christian schools in the nation! Wonderful school!

Posted December 16, 2013
This is my child's first year at CCA. I was nervous in the beginning of the year because we turned down an acceptance at another school. I was hopeful that I made the right choice. We just felt CCA had a little more to offer. This year, however, has exceeded my expectations. The teachers have been very motivating and encouraging. The other students in the grade all seem to get along. Last, the academics have been quite rigorous. Two of the teachers are teaching everything in the basic textbook, but then going much deeper into the subject matter. This school has turned out to be great for my son.

Posted March 07, 2013
I am a parent of three children. Two are attending CCA. One is a senior and one a middle schooler. Chapelgate has been a very good fit for my children thus far. My daughter has been successful in her classwork, her friendships and other areas of interest to her such as volleyball and creative writing. She has taken AP tests and scored 4s and 5s. Currently completing the college application process, she has received acceptances and merit scholarships from every college thus far. My 8th grader also likes CCA a lot. He is doing well in school and is challenged, more so in some classes than others. He is looking forward to playing baseball with CCA next year. He loves the family atmosphere of the school and is close to his classmates. My third child will be starting CCA in sixth grade next year. I am somewhat less sure that the school will be a great fit for him- that has yet to be seen. If it is, then great! If not, we will move him in to our excellent public school system (he is in public school now.) You will get out of CCA what you put in. Kids have to work hard, be respectful and put themselves out there and participate. It's not a perfect school, but it's a very good one.

Posted May 29, 2012
I love the academics. You get a great education, college preparation beginning in 9th grade and increasing as you get older, and most of my teachers are understanding of my situation. I have some troubles in my family, and my teachers are so accommodating. Although I'm a junior this year, and I've attended since 8th grade, I still feel rather rejected by my fellow classmates. Thankfully for younger students, though, many of the younger grades are much more welcoming. I think you should at least give it a try and see if it fits your style before you go an make judgments. Oh, and btw, there is a FINE art department lead by the Studio Art/ Drama/ Creative Writing teacher. She's the reason our plays/ musical are so fantastic every year.

Posted May 08, 2012
I have had two children graduate from CCA and one currently attending. They have received a good education, they scored 4 or 5 on their AP exams and scored higher on their SAT's then their friends in Howard County Public Schools. They were very active in sports and able to participate in mission experiences with the school over Spring Break. I am very thankful for their Christian worldview. The school and the students are not perfect, but that is true everywhere. However, overall they provide a solid education, build character in your children, and offer many activities for an affordable price.

Posted April 14, 2012
I have a 10th grade son who has attended CCA for 5 years and he really enjoys it. The staff is great. When I have had an issue in the past, I felt the administration listened, cared and addressed the issues. My younger son is in public school (by his choice ~ but will be at CCA for HS) and comparing the education between the public school and CCA, I feel that CCA offers a higher standard of education over all. I also love that all the staff are Christians and pray for and care about their students. I would definitely recommend CCA if you are looking for a strong, Christ-centered, academic school.

Chapelgate Christian Academy 1

Posted February 02, 2012
I attended this school with my brothers. Not all the teachers that are bad, but some are just unbelievable. The band teacher has no control of her classes and she has anger problems. The guidance counselor is also no help. She is supposed to guide students and help seniors with college applications and so on. However, she left without a word to go on a vacation during this process. Because of this, I ended being rejected from the college I wanted to go to. I even asked the head of admissions why I wasn't accepted... and she said that it is because they never received my transcripts nor guidance counselor recommendation letter. When I asked the guidance counselor... she replied to me, "I forgot to send yours."

Chapelgate Christian Academy 3

Posted June 23, 2011
My daughter attended 9th grade. The Band class starts 45mins before the normal school day... called zero period. The entire HS band meets during this class time @25 students. Kids are pulled once a week from an academic class for weekly band assessments. A night mare for any kid with organization issues. The band teacher is very young however mentally she is very rigid and does not understand executive function issues such as ADHD. I would not recommend band here if your kid has this kind of issue. Also, teachers run out of the building at 3pm..

Posted March 08, 2011
It's great and all that but some teachers don't like it when you flip out seeing a bug or sometimes they grade unfairly Just so you know, the desks are about the size of the textbook

Chapelgate Christian Academy 0

Posted October 20, 2009
I am a parent of a new student in the 10th grade and he is doing a lot better than he was previously in the public school he attended. He was welcomed by everyone he came across and says the environment is a very relaxed, no peer pressure, everybody gets along type of environment. We like other parents read previously posted reviews and I can honestly say that my son says that non of the negative stuff is true. That's not to say that the school is perfect but what school is?

Chapelgate Christian Academy
2600 Marriottsville Road, Marriottsville, MD  21104
Last modified Chapelgate Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK, 6-12
Chapelgate Christian Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top