PK, 6-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Don't.....just don't.....unless you enjoy insanity and incompetence.

Effective school leaders: Strongly disagree

The headmaster is a narcissist and is totally out of touch. This school's hey day is long over. There are teachers that don't have the necessary tools in their classrooms and this tool asks the senior class for 2 drones as their parting gift to the school. What?? Thank God this is my kids last year! There is also an "Emperor has no clothes" situation going on at this school. The teachers, most of whom are not State certified, are lemmings that know that they won't be employed elsewhere so the go along to get along. The administration is misogynistic in policy and practice. The put up with horrible behavior from male teachers and coaches but chastise or remove the female teachers. It's disgusting. They have lost a lot of great teachers who wanted to up the bar at this school, but were met with great resistance so they just leave. I was able to see behind the curtain in various volunteer roles at the school and it's truly disheartening that their standard is status quo. Tuition is increased every year, with no value added component. This year it was because they turned away too many kids....again, so glad this is my kids last year and to the kids that were turned away....count your blessings.

Amount of homework: Strongly disagree

Too much with no clear direction or guidelines

This is my daughter's first year at Chapelgate and I couldn't be more pleased. The school offers excellent academics in a nurturing Christian environment. My daughter is in a class of students who are just like her; hard working, caring and respectful. The school has a lot of programs to offer and the teachers and staff are like family and very accommodating. I can see why Chapelgate has been named one of the top Christian schools in the nation! Wonderful school!

This is my child's first year at CCA. I was nervous in the beginning of the year because we turned down an acceptance at another school. I was hopeful that I made the right choice. We just felt CCA had a little more to offer. This year, however, has exceeded my expectations. The teachers have been very motivating and encouraging. The other students in the grade all seem to get along. Last, the academics have been quite rigorous. Two of the teachers are teaching everything in the basic textbook, but then going much deeper into the subject matter. This school has turned out to be great for my son.

I am a parent of three children. Two are attending CCA. One is a senior and one a middle schooler. Chapelgate has been a very good fit for my children thus far. My daughter has been successful in her classwork, her friendships and other areas of interest to her such as volleyball and creative writing. She has taken AP tests and scored 4s and 5s. Currently completing the college application process, she has received acceptances and merit scholarships from every college thus far. My 8th grader also likes CCA a lot. He is doing well in school and is challenged, more so in some classes than others. He is looking forward to playing baseball with CCA next year. He loves the family atmosphere of the school and is close to his classmates. My third child will be starting CCA in sixth grade next year. I am somewhat less sure that the school will be a great fit for him- that has yet to be seen. If it is, then great! If not, we will move him in to our excellent public school system (he is in public school now.) You will get out of CCA what you put in. Kids have to work hard, be respectful and put themselves out there and participate. It's not a perfect school, but it's a very good one.

I love the academics. You get a great education, college preparation beginning in 9th grade and increasing as you get older, and most of my teachers are understanding of my situation. I have some troubles in my family, and my teachers are so accommodating. Although I'm a junior this year, and I've attended since 8th grade, I still feel rather rejected by my fellow classmates. Thankfully for younger students, though, many of the younger grades are much more welcoming. I think you should at least give it a try and see if it fits your style before you go an make judgments. Oh, and btw, there is a FINE art department lead by the Studio Art/ Drama/ Creative Writing teacher. She's the reason our plays/ musical are so fantastic every year.

I have had two children graduate from CCA and one currently attending. They have received a good education, they scored 4 or 5 on their AP exams and scored higher on their SAT's then their friends in Howard County Public Schools. They were very active in sports and able to participate in mission experiences with the school over Spring Break. I am very thankful for their Christian worldview. The school and the students are not perfect, but that is true everywhere. However, overall they provide a solid education, build character in your children, and offer many activities for an affordable price.

I have a 10th grade son who has attended CCA for 5 years and he really enjoys it. The staff is great. When I have had an issue in the past, I felt the administration listened, cared and addressed the issues. My younger son is in public school (by his choice ~ but will be at CCA for HS) and comparing the education between the public school and CCA, I feel that CCA offers a higher standard of education over all. I also love that all the staff are Christians and pray for and care about their students. I would definitely recommend CCA if you are looking for a strong, Christ-centered, academic school.

I attended this school with my brothers. Not all the teachers that are bad, but some are just unbelievable. The band teacher has no control of her classes and she has anger problems. The guidance counselor is also no help. She is supposed to guide students and help seniors with college applications and so on. However, she left without a word to go on a vacation during this process. Because of this, I ended being rejected from the college I wanted to go to. I even asked the head of admissions why I wasn't accepted... and she said that it is because they never received my transcripts nor guidance counselor recommendation letter. When I asked the guidance counselor... she replied to me, "I forgot to send yours."

Last modified Chapelgate Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK, 6-12