Middletown, MD

Posted January 29, 2015
We couldn't be happier! Such an amazing place for my kids to attend. The academics are very strong but presented to the children in such a creative way that learning is fun and the kids actually enjoy school. Outdoor time, after school programs, extra curriculars, social events all have been excellent. The best part about Lucy School is that my kids are respected and able to learn and grow in a safe environment.

Posted April 30, 2014
My child loves Lucy School. The Preschool Program is absolutely outstanding and the teachers in this program are exceptional. I believe that early childhood education is the most important step one can take to help ensure success in K-12 and beyond. We are extremely happy that our child looks forward to going to school at such a early age.

Posted April 30, 2014
My school is Lucy School in Middletown, MD. Wow! Such a great green environment to have my daughter blossom in so many ways. Her interpersonal, language, reading, and math skills have her excited to go to school each day. She talks about and demonstrates what she learns and continues to learn at home. She really thrives on outside play twice a day and our conversations are frequently on nature-she demonstrates her innate respect for all living things. Lucy School is a great fit for my daughter as well as my husband and me.

Posted April 29, 2014
Lucy School is a wonderful community of teachers, parents, and students. Our daughters have flourished there over the last several years. The 17 acres are beautiful, complete with a waterfall, woods area, organic garden, and pond. Children are encouraged to be peaceful, be good stewards of the earth, and the arts are used to supplement the curriculum.

Posted April 29, 2014
My children have attended the public schools in our area as well as Lucy School. In their words "at Lucy School, Im having so much fun I don't realize Im learning the bookwork". As a parent, I love that my child spends substantial time each day outside, in nature, expelling physical energy. I have 2 children who attend school there right now, and they come home each day fueled by a love of learning and excited to continue learning at home. Today my 3rd grader came home wanting to look up owl sounds on the computer. Last week she wanted to make signs to reduce littering in our area. My children are passionate learners, and attribute this to the environment they experience at their school!

Posted April 29, 2014
Lucy school has been a perfect fit for my daughter. Lots of outdoor time in a beautiful setting, with help or challenge academically when she needs it.

Posted December 08, 2013
My daughter struggled with the transition to preschool but when we enrolled her at Lucy School she thrived. She has been lucky to have had very good and caring teachers. I agree with a previous comment about a lack of transparency however the school has worked with us to provide financial assistance and I believe the director tries to work hard with each family on a case by case basis. I've talked with other families that feel the academics are too light and others that have thought they were a bit stringent for pre-schoolers. We have found it to be just right for our daughter but I can see why it might not be a good fit for some. The campus is absolutely beautiful and I love all the time the kids spend outdoors.

Posted November 25, 2013
Magical. Lucy School isn't just a place to go for learning. The teachers are inspiring. I believe their enthusiasm and joy of teaching is genuine. They know & love my kid. It is a giant family, and like any parent knows: the best learning comes not from flashcards but from doing. In preschool, my daughter's class was weighing and graphing the amount of trash/compost they produced on a daily basis, and predicting future outcomes. One lesson involved scientific method, math, weights and measures, ecology and plant science. Then they drew pictures of the compost! Amazing integration. I've always found the administration and staff easily accessible. If anything, I feel like they should have more time available for themselves. Never has it taken more than 24 hours for anyone to get back to me.

Posted November 08, 2013
We have been at Lucy School for a few years and our family is extremely pleased with our experience. Teachers are extremely committed to meeting the needs of each individual child and are very responsive when we have questions or concerns. The emphasis on the arts and environmental curriculum is well organized and executed well. Our children have always looked forward to going to school and are excited about what they are learning, whether it be in math, language arts, art, music, drama... The campus is beautiful and when contemplating preschool or elementary school options, setting up a tour at Lucy School should be on top of the list.

Posted November 06, 2013
My children love the Lucy School. They are engaged and excelling academically. They love to run in the fields and play in the woods. They excitedly tell of art projects and adventures in drama, and sing their songs from school. Their teachers show great care for the students, with effective classroom instruction as well as attention and support for students' social development. This is our second, wonderful, year at Lucy School. I have always found the director, the administration, and the teachers to be accessible, attentive, and responsive to any issues I have raised, questions I have asked, or special circumstances that I needed help with. Our children are happy and thriving at the Lucy School.

Lucy School