PK-K, 2, 4-12
Millersville, MD

Church on the Rock Christian Academy 4

Posted April 20, 2010
Extremely caring teachers/staff, small class sizes and an excellent principal (Ms. Bolin) are among the top qualities of this school. The school does not offer many 'frills' (it does offer non-sports activities such as dance and chorale) but the positive, supportive environment makes up what is lacking there. The very best aspect of the school is the way the supportive faculty encourage otherwise struggling students. My child (with an above average IQ but some specific learning difficulties) has flourished at COTRCA. Comparing the overall environment with public schools and other private Christian schools my child attended, I would say hands-down it was the absolute best fit for us. The only reason why I wouldn't give the school 5 stars is because the casual, low-pressure environment might not offer very competitive students an academic workout as rigorous as other private schools. However, for some students teaching without pressure does wonders!

Posted January 21, 2010
I recently enrolled my son in the k-3 program and i have to say before i visited the school i saw this website and was a little abrehensive about putting my son in the school but after visiting the school i enrolled my son right away on that visit actually and have been very impressed with the school so far, the teachers all seem more then qualified and my son is learning very quickly, and is very excited to go every morning. All the children are so polite and have manners which is a surprise when you look at young people these days, all of the faculty and staff are very willing to work with the parents and are involved with the kids. i will update this website if i have any problems with the school but from what i see right now i deff. plan on keeping my son here

Posted June 11, 2009

Posted June 10, 2009

Posted June 10, 2008

Posted April 05, 2007
- a former student
I was a student of OMCA for 3 years, and would like to say that it was the best school that my mother ever could of sent me to. The teachers where great and I felt like I was in a big family. I got so close to everyone (teachers included). When i needed extra help, it was given to me. How ever long it took, I was pushed to always do better because they knew that I could. My best memorries from my teen years where from OMCA and I would recommend this school to anyone.

Posted March 29, 2006
My child has attended OMCA for the past two years, but will not be returning. The teachers do not give the children the extra attention that is sometimes required. Instead they allow student helpers to teach the class which results in the children playing rather than learning. I have found that the reason for this is due to staff shortage. Several staff members (teachers and administrators had been there 5+ years) did not return to the school after the christmas break. The teachers or principal do not respond to phone calls or writtwn notes of concern from parents. If you are looking for a school where your child can learn OMCA is not the school for your child.

Church on the Rock Christian Academy 3

Posted January 07, 2006
- a former student

Posted October 05, 2005
My child is currently in 2nd grade and has attended Private schools since Kindergarden. I have recently removed her from OMCA to a PUBLIC SCHOOL due to lack of communication from the Teachers and the cirriculum they use. They use 'paces' and what we discovered was that the teacher was not even checking the work. In a combined 6 subjects there were 24 MISSED teacher checks. They combine 2nd and 3rd grade, therefore the students do not get the attention they deserve they get it from student helpers that don't know much more than the students themselves. The material OMCA was teaching was information my child learned at the MIDDLE of 1st grade at another private school in Baltimore (Father Kolbe School in Canton) They will fall behind and if you have an advanced student, like my child, they will get bored and want to give up on trying. Think twice!

Church on the Rock Christian Academy 4

Posted September 13, 2005
Hello, i am a junior at OMCA who has been there since Pre-K. It has great education, wondrful music program, and a good amount of parent involvement. This has given me the proper amount of skills to help me excell outside of school. -A happy student

Church on the Rock Christian Academy
649 Old Mill Rd, Millersville, MD  21108
Last modified Church on the Rock Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-K, 2, 4-12
Church on the Rock Christian Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top