Mount Airy, MD

Posted July 04, 2014
Regarding the post a few below, MACA does have qualified administrators and an excellent athletic director. Yes, there have been several administration changes over the last 5 years. Change isn't easy, but sometimes necessary to move ahead. As far as "figuring it out" at our kids' expense, I don't see it quite that way. No school or school system has everything figured out--and I'd be skeptical of any that said they did. Changes in educational standards and methods have been coming for centuries. The HS program also is growing and becoming more rigorous and varied. And, happily, MACA is fairly affordable for the average family, and a great bargain at the price. More money doesn't always mean better; sometimes it just means more money.

Posted June 30, 2014
MACA is a blessing to my family. I hear about the public school system and I am so thankful that MACA is there to provide a Christ-centered education and loving environment for my children and other families in the community. I continue to be amazed at how the MACA teachers love on these kids. It is very special. Also, I commend the school board for setting higher standards for the school's teachers and leadership and I commend the school board for staying the course. My family is looking forward to a great 2014-2015 school year. Onward!

Mount Airy Christian Academy 2

Posted June 26, 2014
Another administration change in less than a year. MACA is in a rebuilding phase and probably will not have a high school in 3 years. Kudos to adding a pre-school, but should have put resources into bolstering the weak HS programs. Was fully planning on sending my kids again next year, now I'm reviewing my options. Weak leadership before has now become weaker with the recent changes in administration. It's a shame that the changes they needed to make were too late in coming. Even with the reasonable tuition rates, i'm now fully understanding the concept of you get what you pay for. There are better options available within a 25 mile radius of the school. I wish MACA luck, but I can't let them figure it out at my children's expense. Need to find a qualified Administrator and a qualified Athletic Director - take some time off of HS and try again.

Posted May 21, 2014
Both of my children attend this school and we have been pleased with the overall experience. We will be starting our 4th year in the fall. The new administration is trying to change things to make the school more competitive academically, which I applaud. As for the parent who complained about his son's "social media" removal from the school, let's tell the whole story. That young man compiled a list of all the girls in the class and devised a rating system for the girls based on looks and physical attributes. Kudos to the school for removing him. I am a current Law Enforcement officer and this is not what I'm sending my kids to a Christian school to be a part of. You will not be disappointed with this school.

Posted April 24, 2014
No school is perfect, but I have always felt that MACA's mission to help my children grow in grace and wisdom was admirable. Not all teachers "connect" with our children. But all three of my sons found in MACA at least one teacher who went far beyond the call of duty to encourage and mentor. Though all have graduated and moved on, each looks back on those years as their foundation for a life serving the God so many of MACAs teachers pointed them to. I will be forever thankful for Mount Airy Christian Academy!

Posted January 27, 2014
There are two sides to every story and this doesn't sound right. MACA is strict and clear about their rules and I find it strange that his social networking would bring about this drastic reaction. Besides "living the Christian Lifestyle" is taught at home. MACA nurtures and teaches kids according to the Christian principles. That's just my opinion.

Posted January 27, 2014
I agree that there are two sides of every story. I find it hard to believe it was for innocently being social media. As a parent who read the handbook, I clearly understood the actions that could be taken if my child did not obey the rules. Today, social media is just another avenue for bullying and/or harassment and if this was the case, I commend an administration who is known for their zero tolerance on bullying to following through. Since we pulled from public and sent to MACA, we are blessed everyday by the Christian principles being taught and demonstrated. However, we also know that MACA is just a reinforcement for what God has called us to do as parents.

Mount Airy Christian Academy 1

Posted January 24, 2014
DONT WASTE YOUR TIME. I pulled my son out of a public school to send him to MACA for one year so that he could re-do his 8th grade year because at the age of 13 we did not feel that he was ready for High School. MACA knew all of this going in and knew my son was new to "living the Christian Lifestyle" They could have cared less, I was asked to remove my son after 8 weeks because he was social networking. Not anything to do with his grades, disrepect with teachers or anything. Something away from school that every other 13 -14 year old is doing. Heck we were doing the same thing 30 years ago but did not have the network for everyone to see. Before you can teach or learn the "Christian Lifestyle" you have to know what it is first. I am a retired Law Enforcement Officer and have dealt with all types of young men who did not deserve a second chance but by law they were given one. My son was not even offered a second chance or even offered the chance to ask for forgiveness. Let me ask you this how many people at MACA ask for forgiveness or a weekely basis at church? Isnt that the Christian Lifestyle? before you teach it at MACA, you have to learn it first. Worst Administation ever.

Posted July 15, 2013
Don't be turned off by a few dramatic parents. this school is a loving and encouraging environment. the academics are top notch.

Mount Airy Christian Academy 1

Posted July 02, 2013
This school is the worst thing to exist on earth. Rules range from no nicknames for your friends (Dave must be known as DaVID) to no earrings longer than 1inch, no black nail polish, no wearing too much blush, no sitting at the same table with the same people for a few days in a row...(everyone is equal!!!), you have to sing whether you like it or not. Really judgemental and not welcoming to new students, the kids and teachers alike. You can get expelled because another student accuses you of something against a really bad rule, and they wont even look into it. The counselor likes to take the young boys home, everyone in this school needs to go to a REAL church.... I'd rather have my children go to public school in DC than here, my kids are way worse off than when they entered. I did not want this. They will hide all this to the parents because hey, they want their money, so don't be fooled by the fancy looking presentation and charisma of the staff.

Mount Airy Christian Academy
16700 Old Frederick Road, Mount Airy, MD  21771
Last modified Mount Airy Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades K-12
Mount Airy Christian Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top