New Market, MD

Posted July 07, 2015
The music and gym classes are very impressive. The experience of these teachers shines through the concerts, field days, etc.

Deer Crossing Elementary School 3

Posted April 28, 2015
When my son first started to attend DCES, I was absolutely in love with it and couldn't be happier. But, a few years ago when leadership changed and a new principal came on board, it started to go downhill and has not gotten any better. I have brought unprofessional situations i have witnessed with her staff to her attention and nothing was ever done. In addition, one of the secretaries in the front office is one of the rudest people I have ever met in my entire life! Not only has she been rude to parents, but more commonly to the students. Pretty soon I am going to have to call her out. Though, it probably won't do any good considering numerous complaints by other parents have been made and once again nothing has been done. I am really hoping that leadership changes hands again soon so that the school can become the DCES that I loved. Otherwise I have a feeling that it is going to be a rough few years as my other child enters the school.

Posted August 24, 2014
I feel compelled to respond to the review written on July 30th. It's obvious this parent is completely out of touch with the school itself. The school itself does not do any fundraising. Fundraising is only done by the PTA and the funds raised by the PTA are used to pay for school wide assemblies, Family Educational Fun Nights, classroom magazine subscriptions, student assistance, and enriching classroom materials. The sweat pants comment is just too funny - perhaps if this parent were really involved, they would have known that the Jump Rope for Heart program happens on those conference days. It's great that so many of our teachers participate! Personally I'd rather see my kids teachers in comfortable clothes participating with them in recess games, running laps with them outside or just being down on the floor involved with the little ones. I don't think you can say that a teacher wearing an executive outfit or suit makes for a better teacher than one who is dressed comfortably and more involved with the kids! DCES continues to be a top notch school in the county!

Deer Crossing Elementary School 1

Posted July 30, 2014
Nice building. I wish it was full of people who cared about teaching. teachers wear sweat pants on Teacher Parent conference day. Teachers don't care and spend more time on fund raising. The principal is just the worst. It's like dealing with a spoiled brat. You can't win here folks.,

Posted May 08, 2014
Deer Crossing is a very caring and professional environment in my opinion. The staff are very warm and helpful.

Deer Crossing Elementary School 4

Posted April 04, 2014
This is a great school if your child is a typical learner. For children who might need a little extra help, but don't fall into the special ed category, it's mediocre. "extra help" is often given by parent volunteers, which is better than nothing, but doesn't quite cut it. I was also shocked to see how much homework is given in first grade this year as compared to prior years. DCES does a good job of creating cohesion and making school fun for the kids. There is definite room for improvement with regard to kids who need a little extra help, but overall we've been satisfied with the school.

Deer Crossing Elementary School 1

Posted November 29, 2013
Very rude staff. The front office is as customer friendly as the Obamacare website. I would go private or home school if you are in this district. Or sell your house and move. It's that bad.

Deer Crossing Elementary School 3

Posted April 23, 2013
I wrote a review back in January that I was completely happy and satisfied with the school and services. Well, due to some continuing circumstances that are hard to get resolved, I am changing my opinion. Administration is getting harder to deal with and when they make a mistake with your child they do not apologize instead it is swept under the rug and there seems to be a lack of respect extended to the parents :( very unfortunate as this started out a great journey. There needs to be an "attitude adjustment". Look how the reviews started out years ago very positive...and now these recent two years not so good. I am keeping my eyes and ears open hoping to get a little more respect in the future.

Posted December 28, 2012
Great school our daughter is thriving! The K team is amazing and the rest of the staff is open, friendly, and know what they are doing! The PTA is great and hosts many original events for our family. We are do lucky to have made the decison to live near this great school. Kudos to the staff and thank you for your work!

Deer Crossing Elementary School 2

Posted October 28, 2012
Much room for improvement. D.C. public schools could teach this location a thing or two. This would explain home schooling's rise in Frederick county to be the highest per capita in the state of Maryland.

Deer Crossing Elementary School
10601 Finn Dr, New Market, MD  21774
Last modified Deer Crossing Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Deer Crossing Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top