Posted June 21, 2013
It may not be the best on academics alone, or athletics alone, or any other extracurricular activity alone. However, when it comes to the total package of developing young men academically, athletically, socially, and spiritually, it is second to none - Georgetown Prep is hands down the best school in transforming its students into well-rounded alumni. I know, I was one of the fortunate that benefited from Prep, a life-forming and life-changing experience for the good.

Posted October 13, 2011
It was an excellent school back then; I'm sure that today it is much more diverse and even better than ever both ... I should also add that I wish they had an Art Department back in the 60's (as well as theater & music) ...I don't know when they finally started one but I understand it's quite good, possibly an excellent one - at least for for a private boys' school & a Catholic one at that - ohhh yeah, the middle ages much less the Renaissance, hmmm!...yeahhh, I'm sure they are also hip to modernism & even the contemporary...hehhh, it's a Jesuit school! - & in DC to boot...

Posted June 14, 2009
I graduated from Prep this past year and can honestly say it was a life changing experience not only was I pushed to excel in the classroom but also on the field. I received an athletic scholarship to college and I got into every university I applied. Hopefully, tuition in the future will decrease so my brothers can attend as well.

Posted April 12, 2009
I am the father of five Georgetown Prep graduates. I have been actively involved in the Prep community for fifteen years now. I will tell you without any doubt that Georgetown Prep is the best high school in the Washington Metropolitan area, if not the entire nation. I base my judgement primarily on academics (in regard to college placement). My five sons ('98, '01, '03, '06, '08) were each accepted into and attended their first choice of colleges (Georgetown, Brown, Harvard, Georgetown, and Stanford respectively). My sons were not alone. Five to ten other Prep-grads joined each of my sons. Prep consistently places their grads in the nation's most elite colleges and universities. In addition to their unmatched academic performance, Prep's breath-taking 100-acre campus is the envy of every top school. The hard part is getting in. With over 500 qualified applicants and only 100 slots, admission is nearly impossible.

Posted March 05, 2009

Posted August 02, 2008
I am not sure how this school could be overall rated by your website as only four stars. Georgetown Prep is easily one of the top ten high schools (public or private) in the nation. It's student body is full of scholar athletes, and the school only accepts typically about 20% of the overall applicants. The AP Calculus progam has been recognized as the number one small HS in the nation, and the student matriculation is a who's who of top tier universities.

Posted October 31, 2005

Posted June 15, 2005
I noticed the previous review touted the classics, math, science, and history, but failed to mention that the English department and Art Departments are also extraordinary. The AP Language and Literature '5'scores are 5 times higher than the national average. They rarely have a score lower than 3. In addition they maintain strong grammar and rhetoric instruction. The Art department in residence in the Haas 3rd floor is the envy of every school.

Georgetown Preparatory School 1

Posted March 12, 2005
- a former student

Posted January 22, 2005
- a former student

Georgetown Preparatory School
10900 Rockville Pike, North Bethesda, MD  20852
Last modified Georgetown Preparatory School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12
Georgetown Preparatory School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top