Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted June 15, 2016
Both of my sons have gone to this school. My oldest is in high school now and attended Seven Oaks from 2005-2010 when the school was newly built. All of his teachers helped him by setting high behavioral standards, which is what he needed most. My youngest son has completed Kindergarten and 1st grade at SO and his teachers have been excellent. They always communicated well by sending notes home, email, and fliers. My sons have really enjoyed their time at Seven Oaks.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted August 17, 2015
The children are taught not to plagiarize at an early stage something some college students find difficult to conform with. There are times the children bring school work home and they would not let me see or check it out because their teachers told them that was cheating if their parents helped them.

Posted August 17, 2015
All my children at one time or the other attended Seven Oaks Elementary from almost its inception till date. I did not care much for the school when my eldest started in 2005 because the teachers did not know how to care for my child, it was a gruesome time for us but as soon as the siblings started I have had nothing but fun times, with great teachers and activities that made me see the school in a different light. I am shocked at the review of 6 out of 10 because the students at least in my children's classes; kindergarten, third grade and fifth grade were brilliant and almost all the students in the classes received honors all through the year. The teachers also appeared to have fun doing their jobs and communication was great. People have complained about the principals through the years but I have not had any reason to be in contact with them. I believe the school has gone through 4 principals since 2005. A 6 of 10 is disappointing but my other children would still attend the school this year. It still remains a great school with caring teachers that know how to bring out the best from children who are ready and willing to learn. The school system as a whole in Anne Arundel would not get a great from me when it comes to handling challenging children. The whole experience with my first has been a nightmare.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted August 17, 2015
The teachers were able to bring out the best and help my children become more aware. I feel they have grown and I am sometime taken aback when they express themselves. Something that is missing in their eldest sibling so I guess being willing and ready to learn also plays a part.

Amount of homework: Not enough

Posted August 17, 2015
This is just because my children finish their homework in 10-15 minutes and then have the whole rest of the day being bored.

Posted May 18, 2015
My son is finishing his first year at Seven Oaks Elementary as a Kindergartener and this school has been AMAZING. He's grown leaps and bounds during this school year. The teachers he's had have been wonderful. He's learned so much through their STEM program (with Arts integration). We've also been impressed with the PTA and all that they do for the school community. If you're moving to the Odenton area, look no further than Seven Oaks. It is a wonderful community and school! We'll be sad when we eventually have to move!

Seven Oaks Elementary School 3

Posted February 15, 2015
HI, i will be relocating to the area and I had read mix review about the school, most of them based on the new principal. Can anyone please add how is the current situation?

Posted December 12, 2014
This school has been an amazing addition to our family. My child has learned so so much, the staff and the parents are very involved. If you are thinking about moving to Seven Oaks think no more SEVEN OAKS ELEMENTARY is the BEST!!!!!!

Posted May 11, 2014
I have two kids that attend this school and it has been nothing short of excellent. The staff members are very involved and do great with the kids. The facility is clean and only a few years old. Bottom line this is an excellent school and one of the best in the county.

Posted May 03, 2014
I have two children that attend this school. A 5th grader and a 2nd grader. My children love the school and I love seven oaks. We have a strong community bond and a strong PTA. Parents are very involved and the staff keeps the children engaged. A lot has changed since the new administration but all in all their have been good positive changes. Seven oaks is the first STEAM school in Maryland and the new principal has been recognized for the changes he has made. The kids are eager to learn. My experience at seven oaks has been nothing but positives.

1905 Town Center Blvd, Odenton, MD  21113
Last modified Seven Oaks Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.