PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

St. Johns Episcopal School has been a wonderful place for our children to learn and grow.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

I always know how to do my homework because my teacher reviewed it in class.

Develops character: Strongly agree

St. John's Episcopal School in Olney, Md is a wonderful, safe, and stimulating environment for young minds to grow. Our children look forward to the start of school each year. The teachers are phenomenal and the curriculum is appropriate. We are looking forward to another fantastic year at St. John's.

Last November, we transferred our daughter into the Preschool 4 class at St. John's. After a difficult experience at another school, we were so grateful for the kindness and consideration of the admissions director, head of school and Preschool 4 teacher during our initial visits. The small class size, inclusiveness, and emphasis on character-building were the perfect combination for our daughter. She is now more confident than ever and is thriving both socially and spiritually. Additionally, opportunities to see all of the students perform several times throughout the year, including the International Festival where all classes do a thoughtfully choreographed dance routine and display appreciation for other cultures and customs, is more than we could have expected. Filled our hearts with so much joy and pride. Top notch school with amazing families and staff. You won't regret sending your child(ren) here!

Our daughter came to St. John's this year as a first grader and we couldn't be happier with the experience. The small class sizes are just what we were looking for, providing individual attention from the teacher that each student deserves. Our daughter is appropriately being challenged above her grade level and is excelling. Mr. Stevens is a kind, caring principal who truly cares about the school and his students. Every teacher, parent and administrator we have met has welcomed us into the St. John's family with open arms. We are thrilled to be a part of this community and look forward to our daughter finishing eighth grade at St. John's.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers have a strong relationship with the students. They are strict, but in a good way.

Amount of homework: Agree

My homework is just enough for me to understand what we worked on in class but not have to spend my whole night on it. I get to do other activities.

Develops character: Strongly agree

This school encourages honesty, integrity, and fairness in is students from and early age, with the school motto being honor, truth and faith. They pray together every morning and are a religious school. There is also much diversity.

Stjes has exceeded our expectations! Our son has attended since he was in Kindergarten. When he was giving oral presentations in Kindergarten class, I knew this school would prepare him well. They never force, just allow kids to achieve their very best. I believe it's never too early to start. This school combines academics and faith. They really nurture the children. We absolutely LOVE St. John's Episcopal School. I strongly encourage anyone searching for a wonderful school, a safe environment and a superior education to check out St. John's. We made an excellent choice!

Wonderful school! I have two children who have been attending St. John's for more than 7 years and the school has done an outstanding job preparing them for high school and beyond. They have an outstanding academic program overall with a very strong and dedicated staff and faculty. The foundation they establish for the students is pretty remarkable. The technology is very advanced when I compare with friends and family from other area schools. The campus is always clean and well maintained thanks to a very dedicated plant management team. And the head of school, Tom Stevens, is a one of a kind with such passion and dedication to operate a best of class school yet takes the time to know every students name.

Last modified St. John's Episcopal School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8