Olney, MD
Before care: Yes

Posted December 15, 2014
Our sons have been at STJES since 2009. We are very pleased. They have both grown academically and benefit from the small class size and accelerated instruction. They have also grown as young men, which I think comes partly from STJES s emphasis on character. Our older son went to Costa Rica last year with his class and will go to Belize this year. We are confident that STJES has prepared him well for high school.

Posted September 23, 2014
My son has been in St. John since Kindergarten, he is in third grade now. It has been wonderful. There are a lot of great things about the school, but the number one on my list is how we feel safe in this school. The faculty and staff care about the students like they were their own children. Academic is excellent. We don't have to worry about this, the teachers made sure there is no kid left behind. I agree with previous post regarding the students, we too are very impress with their politeness.

Posted June 08, 2014
If you are looking for results from a school I can strongly state that as far as academics and supporting the development of good kids are concerned the school has succeeded admirably. There are many extremely strong teachers that can individualize their education to the child, most of which have been there for a long time, and beyond that they care strongly about them. The administration has been stable for the last three years, which has helped through the rough economic times that have impacted enrollment recently. In addition, having gifted kids, they are willing to work with the parents to try to find the best approach. Nothing is perfect at any school, but I feel this one is trustworthy in responding to hard questions and more than competent in getting good and sometimes great results. One small unsold fact is the aftercare program has been wonderful for our children in large part due to the lady that runs it.

Posted April 30, 2014
St. John's Episcopal School in Olney, Maryland is more than a school. A school is simply brick and mortar. St. John's is a family - a welcoming community. When you enter you get a warm feeling everyone associated within the St. John's community is totally committed to helping students become well-rounded, and well prepared for future educational opportunities and a chance to make a difference in the world. The students are challenged and they respond - both in the classroom and the local and global community. We love the teachers and staff are so passionate about what they do every single day and their responsiveness when questions or issues arrive. Make no mistake; St. John's is not perfect. They strive to be, but more importantly they teach the diverse student body to accept mistakes and be tolerant of others, as well as giving everything you do your best effort. The classroom sizes are small by design and it really gives each teacher the opportunity to get to know the strengths and weaknesses of each student. We are blessed to be in such a wonderful learning atmosphere and embracing community. St. John's is an oasis for those looking for educational and spiritual harmony.

Posted April 11, 2014
We recently switched from a public school to St. John's. We feel our daughter needs are being met both academically, emotionally and spiritually!

Posted April 10, 2014
St. John's rigorous academics motivates each student to reach their personal potential. The school community is a nurturing environment that promotes positive character building. Children are happy and safe.

Posted February 21, 2014
We LOVE St. John's! Both of our daughters are thriving there, mainly because of the small community atmosphere. The teachers really do care about every student & want them to succeed. Each of my daughters are very different learners & their teachers go above & beyond to make sure they get what they need & are challenged. And, our girls are really comfortable at St. John's. We're just so happy to be there.

Posted October 22, 2013
St. Johns Episcopal School has by far met every dream of mine, and my daughter. From the Main office down to faculty, and staff you feel right at home as you walk in the door. The education these students are receiving is more then I excepted, and more. I am proud to be a STJES Parent:)))

Posted October 18, 2013
My son has been a part of the St. John's community for the past two years. He is now in Kindergarten and has had the blessing of having very knowledgeable and nurturing teachers! My son thrives in a small class structure and St. John's will provide him with the academic rigor, faith and character education that is much needed in our broader society today. I look forward to the next 8 years at St. John's and watching my son grow into an educated and well mannered young man.

Posted October 17, 2013
St. John's Episcopal School in Olney, Maryland. My son and daughter - in grades 7 & 5, have been at St. John's since kindergarten. St. John's is a small school with a huge focus on academics, character and faith. Every student is known and valued.

St. John's Episcopal School
3427 Olney Laytonsville Road, Olney, MD  20832
Last modified St. John's Episcopal School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St. John's Episcopal School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 32 reviews. Top