Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)

An amazing gem of a school. Close knit community, active community and PTA, visible and hard working principal and staff. Fun events for the students.

Bunch of Racists. Person of color beware!!! horrible front office( with claws) and incompetent principal( dont be fooled by the fake smile) one grade u get good teacher, other grade not so good. Ur luck. PTA is huge, but whats the point if you even dont feel welcomed, and ur voices not being heard. Cant wait to move out of area.

Let me start with the teachers are great, but the administration and principal leave a lot to be desired. The principal did everything in his power to keep my 5 year old delayed daughter with a pretty demanding IEP out of his school because they did not want to and flat out said couldn't handle her IEP. Also my older daughter who is biracial was being picked on by classmates about being "black" and that it was not ok to be. Brought it to the schools attention and never heard back. My older daughter was also sexually harassed by a classmate and the principal refused to tell me what happened so I had to get the story from my child. Then when I called him to see what they were doing about it the principal told me that he and the parents of the boy were working on what they thought was an appropriate punishment. Seriously? If you ask the parents they aren't going to want their kid in trouble so why would you ask them to punish their child. This was not acceptable to me and since the school nor the parents ever required the child to apologize to me child for requesting her to perform a sexual act on him I went to the school with MCPS sexual harassment policy and demanded that they file sexual harassment papers. Since school was letting out the principal didn't want to be bothered with the paperwork, but o-well that's your job and if you aren't going to follow protocol then I will remind you what that it. As I stated previously the teachers are good, but if you need the office to help you with anything you better know how MCPS works and stand your ground. Parents and children are very clicky.

Moved to this school in the middle of the school yr from fairfax county, and absolutely love it. Principal is amazing, so are the teachers. Small community based school with excellent activities by PTA. My daughter looks forward to go to school every day, and thats the most important thing for me. The curriculum is great , my only complaint is that no foreign language is taught in montgomey county public schools. Thanks to the teachers , principal and Pta for all their dedication, keep up the good work.

Relocated from Rockville for this school and community. Love the Olney community and we love the small size of this school. The new principal is enthusiastic and is holding teachers accountable. He knows parents and students by name and the teachers vary by grade like any other school but what makes this school exceptional is its community and dedication to helping our children succeed not just in education but in life skills.

An outstanding school. The teachers work hard to make sure the needs of every child are met and the principal is enthusiastic and a very good listener. The PTA is very active and engaging. Couldn't be happier with our choice of schools.

My child just finished Kindergarten and it was a positive overall experience. Unfortunately, my child had a substitute because the regular teacher missed the entire year on maternity leave. The the sub was very caring and tried hard, but was just not up to par with the full-time teacher skill-wise. PTA registration is huge, as they very strongly urge you to join at the beginning of the year, like some sort of cult recruiting campaign. However, parental involvement really isn't any stronger (or weaker) than any other school. The facilities (infrastructure) are average at-best and I understand the school will be torn down in the next 3-4 yrs (something to think about). Fortunately we're not sticking around the area anyway. I think the 7 rating is accurate. I would prefer Cashell or Olney Elem, but that's not my district. The Olney community is full of friendly people but, frankly, it's nearly impossible to make new friends. People in this area prefer to stick to their own circle of friends and concentrate on work. A big reason we'll be leaving the area in the next year or so (we relocated from another state).

Great School, bring lot of support with students needs , excellent communication with teachers and all the staff ....love PTA they work very hard ,lots of PTA involvement

Belmont Elementary - Nice school with dated facilities. Decent staff with a few exceptional teachers. Class sizes are huge - my daughter has 29 students in her class. Teachers like (need/expect) lots of parent classroom volunteers. Like other MoCo Elementary Schools - constantly changing targets, testing and grading about every other year. I, P, ES for grades? Dopey! Teach to the MSAs so can't be particularly creative or innovative.

Lots of PTA involvment, All the teachers are very nice and helpful. Principal is just OK...

Last modified Belmont Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.