PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

Amazing teachers, administrators, families and students. My daughter started in 6th grade and is starting her 7th grade year. She has made wonderful friendships and learned so much beyond the typical things you learn in a book. She has learned to debate, to self advocate, to be organized and prepared and to take responsibility for her actions. I cannot wait to see what else she learns!

I attended Garrison Forest School for 12 years. It was definitely the best experience of my life. A class of 54 girls allowed us to be a close knit group and grow together as a team. The classes were even smaller thus allowing for a really personal learning experience. The teachers were all absolutely fantastic and challenged us daily. The Campus is absolutely stunning and very well maintained. After 12 years it definitely felt like home. 9 years later, I find myself missing the experience and wishing I could go back. I was a member of the tennis team and the Riding team both of which provided wonderful experiences that played a big role in the person I am today. I would recommend this school to anyone who wants an excellent education as well as great relationships with both student and faculty. GO LIGHTS!!

We only have experience with the Preschool and I cannot recommend it enough. Our son was introduced to "school" through the Two's program and it was a phenomenal way for him to discover and explore his independence. He just finished the Three's program and we've continued to be impressed with teachers and curriculum, including the "specials" of science, gym, music and library. He's happy to go to school and, at this age, I think his enthusiasm for school is more important than academic progress (though he has learned a great deal). He loves his teachers and enjoys their company. The head of the preschool, Zibby, stresses that GFS is a place for families and we've found that to be true. It feels like a home away from home, with wonderful classmates, parents and friends. Our son was admitted to one of the more selective preschools in DC, but we declined the invitation and chose Garrison Forest for this reason. We've never regretted that decision. We're looking forward to our youngest starting the Two's program next fall. She's already so comfortable there, and her first stop during drop-off is always Mrs. Isenhour's office to say hello. It's just a wonderful, nurturing place. We feel so lucky that our kids' first taste of formal education is with people who genuinely care about them.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Every division of the school and every class from Art to PE emphasizes the school's core values which include these qualities.

Amount of homework: Agree

The amount of homework varies with the level of challenge the student is willing to take. For example, if a student takes an Honors or AP course, she should expect more homework.

Teachers like Tung Laoshi and Lin Laoshi have been committed to their students, recognizing their potential. The international students enrich the American students experience.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Garrison Forest School is a very special place. The campus is simply beautiful. The teachers and the staff are warm and it is evident how much they care about their students and love what they are doing. My daughter started at Garrison in first grade and will graduate next year. I feel that she is not only well prepared for college academically but emotionally as well. We could not have chosen a better place to educate our daughter.

I have two daughters at Garrison Forest (we have experienced every Division from Preschool to Upper School), and they (and we) love it! There could not be a more warm, invested, impressive group of faculty -- each teacher seems not only to be passionate about her or his subject, but also cares deeply about the craft of teaching. They innovate, prompt students to think deeply and creatively, and flex to challenge or support individual students in very thoughtful ways. At one point we considered moving to another school (the commute for us is really long), but it became clear when we "shopped around" that no one else seemed to quite as committed to helping each girl go as far as she could go. And the campus --let's face it, it's gorgeous! (There has been a recent change in leadership at the top, with a long time male Head, who had done an excellent job of leading the school retiring, but the new, young female Head seems to be just right for the school as well: warm, good listener, and clearly very smart!).

This is the second year for my daughter at Garrison Forest and I know she is enjoying every bit of it.The teacher,office staff,the Head of the school all are great.

My daughter is a sophomore and this is her second year. Garrison prepares her students to not only excel academically but to also endeavor to be honorable citizens. I've watch my sometimes shy daughter blossom into a confident yound woman who is inpsired by purpose. Thank you.

Last modified Garrison Forest School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12